Lost Planet 3

Magnus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhH0w0u8x30

Capcom says they're returning to Extreme Conditions. For those who played Lost Planet 2, there were no conditions which were ever considered extreme. Lotta trying the Monster Hunter way, and anal fights, and just a lot of disappointment.

At the end, Jim whom is running around responds to Gale. So chances are, this will be a prequel.

Also apparently planned, side missions to customize armor and your giant VS. What that amounts to, I'm not sure, but the game may be seeing an open world with plans like that.

Yeah, Lost Planet 2 was a disappointment. I had the odd merit, but it just wasn't... good.

Personally, I'm eyeing this with caution, the studio whose developing it hasn't been know for its good games. I'll wait for a demo before considering buying it.

Pretty trailer.

I did enjoy Lost Planet 2, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first one. Plus games need to take more advantage of the snowy environments.

I enjoyed Lost Planet 2 as well, not as much as the first though. Big expectations (graphic, story and combat wise) after seeing this trailer though.

EDIT: I don't remember Vital Suits being that awesome... Or big.

Edited by Lost_Anarchy

ill still play it, i played more for online MP though

single player in 2 just seemed to arcadey (kinda like RE:ORC)

hopefully invincibility rolling wont make its way back into this one

snow storms feels like a good addition, i like variable MP experiences lol

I honestly don't get the hate regarding Lost Planet 2. IT was a cool installment that tried integrating an online community with single player. However, having said that, I can understand gripes with the game's flaws.

On the topic of this trailer for LP3, I'm not even excited. Where is our normal human protagonist? Why do we have to play as DIRK IRONBEEF there? And why in holy hell do the mechs look so.... horrible?

Edited by Pendragon

Gripes:

1. Less snow only looked good on paper. It really made the entire feeling of Lost Planet take a back seat for more generic level design.
  2. Combat became far more anal, requiring to roll through almost every attack.
  3. Not one, but five factions to level up, none of which were ultimately rewarding.
  4. Highlight of the game was, quite literally, just the game's demo.
  5. Exclusive content for each console, rather than all content for everyone.
  6. Piss poor DLC.
  7. No real character connections. Don't give a shit if someone lives or dies. Wayne is shaking his head in disgust at that.
  8. Gimmicky three seat VS.
  9. Multiplayer levels and overall gameplay of such were much less lively or enjoyable, and almost felt like a chore.
  10. Painful co-op in which if one person did bad, everyone failed.
  11. Painful co-op in which if one person was greedy, no one would get good ammo.
  12. Painful co-op in which if one person were stupid, all the good VSes would be exploded.
  13. Painful co-op in which if one person were an ass, the train cannon would be filled with nothing but shit bullets. Or grenade you off a ledge off a ledge so you couldn't keep your VS rifle. Or anything.
  14. Where the first game would be an adventure between action, platforming, and large and interesting layouts, LP2 boils down to shooting galleries.

And I could keep going on. I loved Lost Planet, and I really tried to enjoy Lost Planet 2. I thought it would be so much more fun, because I kept playing the demo over and over, killing the Gardlewhatever, and it was a good boss.

Such didn't carry throughout the game.

Edited by Magnus

Gripes:

1. Less snow only looked good on paper. It really made the entire feeling of Lost Planet take a back seat for more generic level design.
  2. Combat became far more anal, requiring to roll through almost every attack.
  3. Not one, but five factions to level up, none of which were ultimately rewarding.
  4. Highlight of the game was, quite literally, just the game's demo.
  5. Exclusive content for each console, rather than all content for everyone.
  6. Piss poor DLC.
  7. No real character connections. Don't give a shit if someone lives or dies. Wayne is shaking his head in disgust at that.
  8. Gimmicky three seat VS.
  9. Multiplayer levels and overall gameplay of such were much less lively or enjoyable, and almost felt like a chore.
  10. Painful co-op in which if one person did bad, everyone failed.
  11. Painful co-op in which if one person was greedy, no one would get good ammo.
  12. Painful co-op in which if one person were stupid, all the good VSes would be exploded.
  13. Painful co-op in which if one person were an ass, the train cannon would be filled with nothing but shit bullets. Or grenade you off a ledge off a ledge so you couldn't keep your VS rifle. Or anything.
  14. Where the first game would be an adventure between action, platforming, and large and interesting layouts, LP2 boils down to shooting galleries.

And I could keep going on. I loved Lost Planet, and I really tried to enjoy Lost Planet 2. I thought it would be so much more fun, because I kept playing the demo over and over, killing the Gardlewhatever, and it was a good boss.

Such didn't carry throughout the game.

Truth, he speaks nothing but the truth.

Anyway, with any luck, they'll actually realize these issues before the game releases.

However, looking at RE:ORC, chances are not likely. I'm optimistic for the concept, but pessimistic as all fuck for the delivery that Capcom is known to consistently fuck nowadays.

They need more VS's and snow. Don't integrate single an multi-player as its doomed to fail (Dark souls and Demon's souls were the only games that I enjoyed for a long period of time). I enjoyed the first one a lot and the 2nd one had its moments but lost is flair within a month.