Tragedy [WIP]

A reilyx

As most of you can probably see, this is my first time posting here. I've done a little lurking to spot what setups seem to be successful (aside from dual gats, I hate that crap). I've been playing around with things since I bought the game a few days ago. I'm finished with the story, a good chunk of the order missions, my team level is 120ish while me and my partner have mild PvP experience. Pardon any minor mistakes in part names, as this is a low-definition T.V., which makes it harder to read. Here's my build thus far:

External:

Head: UMD-10 Tristan

Core: Ostera CR113

Arms: Saone A1/106S

Legs: Jorasses LG104

Internal:

FCS: KV-1T2/Orkryt (Was previously the Glance, but I figured that the subcomputer would make up for the drop in lock speed.)

Generator: KV-303/Prochinyi

Booster: Tempate 8749

Armaments:

R Arm: Lotus BR429 (Previously a Tournesol RF22 with firing rate upgrade. Swapped for more CE balance) (Battle Rifle)

L Arm: Seidenbaum SR13 (Previously a Cycad, swapped out for more overall power and range) (Sniper Rifle)

R Bay: KO-3K2 (Shotgun)

L Bay: KO-375/Malhaon (Pulse Gun)

Shoulders: SBC-9 Tsukuyomi (Subcomputer)

Extra:

Recoil Resist: 677

Turn Performance: 767

Stability: 997

KE Def: 2500ish

CE Def: Can't really tell. Looks to be around 600, but this T.V. sucks with small text and numbers :(

TE Def: As far as I can tell, very very low. Still can't read it.

~ ~ ~

I'd love to get some input on this. I'm new to the game, so I've been doing a LOT of experimenting (I went so far as running dual KO-3K2's for high-level invasion missions. Those things wrecked turrets) but this one seems to suit me better for PvP. I set this up so that I'm a threat at both medium and close range, but I traded a lot of AP for parts that give me a high KE defense and nice turn speed. I'm particularly interested in hearing about boosters and generators. What seems to do me best is low-consumption boosters with high-output generators, but I don't feel like they have enough umph behind them. That said, the stronger boosters feel extremely slow when I'm in a twitch-or-die situation. I've tried high-accel boosters as well... Those are nice, but my EN management is shitty as a pilot, so I constantly find myself low on EN when I'm about to become Swiss cheese.

Thoughts? Comments? Improvements? I'm open to anything.

Prochnyi generator works with everything, seriously. Unless you're running really drainy weapons and are forced to use Vital.

Tempete is actually great for twitch movement at close/mid-range because of its very fast acceleration. If anything, the high power boosters and Shinatsu are better for longer ranges when you need to use HB to reposition fast for sniping. Could try UBT-25/H, it strikes a balance between the Tempete and high power boosters with good acceleration and good power.

But no matter what booster/gen you use, you gotta work on abusing scan mode and walljumps to save energy.

Switching to CE arms for the big stability boost (increased rate of fire) may help you out, unless you find your self doing more hit-and-run than just holding the triggers down.

Also, I would try the Napa pulse gun over Mahaon. Slightly less power, but with a good boost in reload time and lower equip+firing EN drain.

So, I just made this, now don't get me wrong, but the original needed some upgrading.

Use this:

HD-223 Raiko

Ostara CR113

Isari AM28S

ULG-21

Otkryt or Glance (less drain, less range)

UGN-70/Ho Vital

BT-21 Shinatsu

STK-16/El Hetsu

Lotus BR249

USR-12/V

USC-1 Dhanbad

USG-11/H

UPL-09/H Napa

Prochnyi generator works with everything, seriously. Unless you're running really drainy weapons and are forced to use Vital.

Tempete is actually great for twitch movement at close/mid-range because of its very fast acceleration. If anything, the high power boosters and Shinatsu are better for longer ranges when you need to use HB to reposition fast for sniping. Could try UBT-25/H, it strikes a balance between the Tempete and high power boosters with good acceleration and good power.

But no matter what booster/gen you use, you gotta work on abusing scan mode and walljumps to save energy.

Switching to CE arms for the big stability boost (increased rate of fire) may help you out, unless you find your self doing more hit-and-run than just holding the triggers down.

Also, I would try the Napa pulse gun over Mahaon. Slightly less power, but with a good boost in reload time and lower equip+firing EN drain.

I've actually noticed how well Prochnyi handles my overwhelming boost spam, and I'm really enjoying it. I've done several more runs since I posted this yesterday, and it looks like my issues with boosters are all user-error. It handles my level of stupid quite well, so I think I'll be sticking with it until I get ballsy enough to try something silly :D That, and practice makes perfect! I'm sure that after a few weeks I'll be nice and warmed-up to my maneuvering setup, and it'll come down to how well I use my surroundings as opposed to how well the parts counteract my own inadequacy :P

I'll check out those arms, I'm curious to see how much of an effect that firing stability alone will have. I can't really say for sure if I play hit-and-run or not, though. I THINK I stay in the line of fire, which might not be such a good thing considering the low AP of this build >.< I'll have to work on that.

And for Napa, I'm about to buy one for myself right now and test it out!

So, I just made this, now don't get me wrong, but the original needed some upgrading.

Use this:

HD-223 Raiko

Ostara CR113

Isari AM28S

ULG-21

Otkryt or Glance (less drain, less range)

UGN-70/Ho Vital

BT-21 Shinatsu

STK-16/El Hetsu

Lotus BR249

USR-12/V

USC-1 Dhanbad

USG-11/H

UPL-09/H Napa

This is like... A bunch of new stuff 0_0

I'll sift through and see about giving it a shot, but this is almost a complete rebuild of what I've been using xD

I'm not expecting it to handle the same at all, so I may not like it. If that's the case, I'll just revert back to the one before it :D

• 2 weeks later...

A little update on Tragedy:

I'm running it as my full-on main now, with two major differences:

The core has changed (almost entirely) to what Genocide suggested, though I couldn't justify making any weapon changes with the ones suggested. The stats on the suggested weapons were all-around lower than those of what I was already using, and I couldn't read to see if they did anything special :T

It has two weaponsets though: The one listed above in my first post, and a less-balanced version with two Lotuses and two KO/3K2's.

~ ~ ~

I'm bumping this, though, because I have a question about KE weapons.

Do ALL KE weapons get a small stun bonus with impact force/velocity? A few friends and I have noticed how much it sucks to get caught in too much machinegun fire, and that our non-shotgun/pistol KE weapons seem to decrease enemy mobility by a little bit.