AC4 2012 Tournament

Exorcet

Argh now I need to make another bracket. OK.

Come into ACU chat if you can 30 min or so before the tournament. We might even use the torunament chat! I'll also send messages on PSN if needed and maybe make a PSN chat.

Edited by Exorcet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who have not shown up, you have until 6 (10 minutes from now).

Current list (5)

Exorcet

TMRaven

faust

Azn

Pen

RESULTS

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/ACUAC4Tournament.jpg

Match 1

AznLibra vs Exorcet(W)

Match 2

faust vs Exorcet(W)

Match 3

Pendragon vs TM(W)

Match 4

TM(W) vs nob

Match 5

TM(W) vs Exorcet

Match 6

Pendragon(W) vs AznLibra

Match 7

nob vs faust(W)

Match 8

Pendragon vs faust(W)

Match 9

faust(W) vs Exorcet

Match 10

faust(W) vs TM

Match 11

faust vs TM(W)

Winner: TM

Edited by Exorcet

I enjoyed the grand finals. Both of us had very strong setups and weapons that did serious damage. It was a raw battle of positioning-- pure offense vs defense. Very entertaining to play and probably just as entertaining to watch.

GGs to everyone, I will try to have matches up by tomorrow too.

Edited by Twisted Metal

Those videos look good, but Loser's final is a repeat of the first Ex vs faust.

Good games. I need to switch AC's for the next one, I just wish I had my old garage. I kind of want to use O300 after seeing two of them in this tournament.

Man, looking back, I should really reconsider my side boosters. Maybe it's me, but my quick-turns were rather mediocre.

But all in all, good matches.

To be honest, I don't get why you have JUDITH mains on something that's loaded down with weapons, none of which are grenades or great at range. EC-O300 doesn't do much for your AC, it's a light cannon for mobile AC's and it's a bit underwhelming even in that role. You kind of use it as a sniper, but despite having OK velocity, I've never found it to be that accurate at range.

My main beef is that your playstyle and your weapons are a direct contradiction. MG/Rifle is absolutely monstrous in close range, but your average range was 450+ at all times. You either build a defensive AC with adequate AP lead and long range pressure to keep that AP lead and use mg/rifle as cqc deterrent, you make an AC that can properly close a gap and keep the pressure and use mg/rifle, or you keep your current AC and playstyle and use something like rifle/rifle or probably even better-- rifle/pitone or rifle/sniper. Edited by Twisted Metal

I finally got the other perspectives up. I really underestimated how long that would take, it wasn't a smooth process since that was my first time with so many files at once. I should probably learn how to do certain things in case of next time!

I was so terrible in this, I still can't believe I made it to the finals.

My main beef is that your playstyle and your weapons are a direct contradiction. MG/Rifle is absolutely monstrous in close range, but your average range was 450+ at all times. You either build a defensive AC with adequate AP lead and long range pressure to keep that AP lead and use mg/rifle as cqc deterrent, you make an AC that can properly close a gap and keep the pressure and use mg/rifle, or you keep your current AC and playstyle and use something like rifle/rifle or probably even better-- rifle/pitone or rifle/sniper.

Duly noted.

I always wanted an AC for any situation, but I could never really get it down.

they've never been broken

you're just a faggot

My post didn't say DR was ever broken though

=O

O=

||

O

O

||

I'm was going to put those videos in order in the first post, but now I'm lazy so I'm going to put links to those posts in the first post!