Smuggles - bringing Assassin's Creed to Armored Core...

obliviondoll

So, I was playing Armored Core, as you do, and I got a message to check the shop for new parts.

I hadn't actually bothered to do so in a few levels, so I decided to take a look. And found a section titled "Physical Blades" which hadn't been there before.

In this section was something called a "Murakumo" - and it reminded me of Assassin's Creed. In particular, it reminded me of the Smuggler multiplayer character, and her "Hidden Blade" weapon. Unlike the Assassins, or the prowler, this blade was, like the Murakumo, visible on the outside of her arm.

The end result of this inspiration is an incredibly lightweight melee-focused giant robot parkour ninja, named "Smuggles" - the affectionate term given to the character it's based on by many of my female gamer friends (including my girlfriend, who was given the job of naming this AC). The design is distinctly form over function, but functionality was considered alongside the appearance of each part. I've found it to be surprisingly effective vs. AI. I'm yet to test it online, but I look forward to doing so.

Head: Ruslan

Core: UCR-10/I

Arms: Svir

Legs: Snowdon

FCS: Otkryt

Gen: Ho Vital

Booster: Shinatsu

Recon: URD-36/EA

R Arm: Utica (Accuracy spec)

L Arm: Murakumo (Power spec)

Shoulder: Asansol

After performance upgrades, my Utica deals barely over 5k damage, but uses barely over 8k energy, and has a blade length of 34. Pretty good, if you ask me. I managed to keep the Murakumo's blade length of 8 with Power Spec, and its damage is over 8k, with more than 2k impact force backing it up. And yes, Flash Rockets, I know. But they're not there because of overpowered-ness - they have a similar effect to Firecrackers in Assassin's Creed (blind/interrupt lock on), so they were the only shoulder weapon that made sense.

I took 4 pics, but I'll only share this one - the least horrifically bad of the bunch:

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc371/obliviondoll/SmugglesClose.jpg

It shall be solved! Thanks to my landlord letting me cut a deal on reshuffling my rent payments over the next month, I've just ordered a new 1TB HDD to replace my burned-out 60GB. Should be here in 2 days at most.

And I've been advised that my currently-active build (which was a work-in-progress variant of this, using the same emblem) should be saved on the server, and the emblem will be salvageable too. I've probably lost a few other fun things I did, but it doesn't look like this will be one of them.