Murakami

poopscootsMcgee

Murakami is some kind of writing genius. How can it be denied. This is the thread where we shall discuss him and praise his glories.

Sooooooooo

I really love his short stories. "The Elephant Vanishes" was so epic.

What's his deal anyway? It seems like

he's writing from another world but somehow

can tell stories better than most earthlings. Like

hes got some kind of third eye that pierces directly into the ambiguous and foggy realm of the unknown.

And yet still it is only a counterpoint to the fact that he is just trying to entertain you. which is what i really love about the guy. he's got all the crazy ideas in the world as far out as you can blast them but is only trying to tell as good a story as possible and never forgets that.

1Q84 is one of my favorite books. Best love story I've ever read by far. Marquez? fuck him. Naruda doesn't even know what love is.

Discuss Murakami here.

I expect this thread to die pretty fast. Murakami fans are rare kind of

I'm not a big Murakami fan tbh. I've only read two of his books, but I wasn't really feeling either of them.

A Wild Sheep Chase was cool until the halfway point then I started getting bored fast.

Norwegian Wood was pretty lame too because half the time I felt like I was reading Sheep Chase again, and I found everyone to be thoroughly unlikeable and unrelatable to me.

Yeah not really a big fan.

If Keanu sees this thread he might jump in. I wouldn't be surprised if he's read any Murakami.