Prometheus aka Alien Perduckle

Aokiryu89

Rumor of award winning script floating around about an Alien Prequel.

Rumor of Ridley Scott picking up rumored Script.

Rumored film being directed by Ridley Scott.

Teaser of a Teaser Trailer with sounds of steam boats raping whales.

Film comes out

Word of film sucking bad.

Word of disappointment.

Word of original Alien not being that great anyway.

-----------

Probably going to walk in realisticly wondering who made the worst Sci-Fi comeback, Ridley Scott's Prometheus or James Cameron's Avatar. However it does seem that Scott isn't suffering from George Lucas syndrome as much as Cameron is so I'll at least enjoy some much needed practical effects usage.

Yeah the reviews haven't been too great. They're all either saying the film sucked, or that the film was okay but didn't compare to Alien. Most agreed the special effects were clutch, at least. A lot of reviews were saying it basically tries too hard.

I guess it makes sense, Ridley Scott (like always) makes out his latest flick to be an epic masterpiece of cinema, and he's made a bunch, but I guess this time he didn't? Only one way to know.

I'd rather not waste the money and time unless I'm feeling really good about it. Movie tickets are like $15+ here. idk if its the same where you're at?

Either way this movie seems cool in commercials but everything I've heard has certainly got me waiting to hear from people I know whether its worth seeing or not. Even then I'll prolly end up waiting til netflix haha.

I did for 13 Assassins and I can guarentee that movie is better than this one.

I'm gonna rub this in my little brother's face that's for sure. He's been raving over how good the movie is going to be. Art college turned him into a Hipster Critic who compares everything to Lawrence of Arabia, EVERYTHING.

"You see how at the end he says 'Big things have small beginning' that proves the movie is going to be awesome" (not his exact words but pretty much the sum of his senseless ranting)

"And Avengers sucks because they didn't make me feel the super heroes were in any danger."

I swear man artsy critics piss me off.

I'm a film snob, too. Shit I'm a snob with a lot of stuff.

Ridley Scott has made some great films, and Alien is one of the best films ever made, and the commercials were dope for this movie, so I can see why someone would be hyped for this film. You should probably see it first before throwing how bad the movie is in his face, you know, so that you don't seem like a total idiot running his mouth about a movie he knows nothing about and didn't even bother to watch before running his mouth. :(

Unless you wanna just troll his ass, than fuck logic or facts.

Honestly I'm more than likely going to enjoy this movie, that being said I have a very forgiving taste in nearly everything. However I just don't like two-faced critics who consider themselves higher class because they wipe the shit off their ass with the tears of starving pygmies rather than the blood of whales. (Doesn't make sense but that's how I honestly feel so eat me gingerbread man and the seven dwarves.)

I MIGHT go see this movie as a matinee, that way I'd only pay maybe 7 dollars. I can see this movie being like Avatar to some extent in that the story itself is garbage but the special effects are good enough to make it a very great experience. So far the Rotten Tomato ratings have held up through 80 overall ratings, and the movie's still above a 70%. A 1.50 dollar viewing by myself or with a couple of friends at my own place seems good too, especially now that I can enjoy action movies in my place just as much as the theater.

It's currently a 73% at RT, 70% top critics.

Honestly I'm more than likely going to enjoy this movie, that being said I have a very forgiving taste in nearly everything. However I just don't like two-faced critics who consider themselves higher class because they wipe the shit off their ass with the tears of starving pygmies rather than the blood of whales. (Doesn't make sense but that's how I honestly feel so eat me gingerbread man and the seven dwarves.)

I have no idea what you're saying here. That being said I'd totally wipe my ass with the tears of starving pygmies if I could.

Movies are about $11 here and going out and seeing a mediocre movie and getting dinner/drinks after is better than chilling at home playing videogames or something. I'll be taking a chick, most likely so there's that too.

I couldn't disagree with that more. I don't see how wasting time and a lot of money on a mediocre movie is possibly better than not doing so. If it's a date it's changes things somewhat, but just the general statement I call bullshit on entirely.

I might as well just go and have the drinks without the movie if it's with friends. I'll be damned if I'm gonna just throw away 30 bucks on tickets and then 30+ more on dinner just for a mediocre movie. Shit, even if its a dutch date you still are paying 30+ and wasting time. I better be either smashing after or at least moving at a brisk pace in the right direction to smashing.

Netflix and ordering pizza means I can guarentee a good movie, I smash on my own couch, and I pay way less.

For fuck's sake 30 bucks is 10 comics. FUCK THAT.

and yeah I'm with Owen again on this, matinee is pretty clutch option here. The value of a mediocre movie blows up when you're not paying much to see it!

Oh, and my interest dropped off dramatically when I heard it wasn't actually an Alien prequel.

I really enjoyed it. The special effects were dope and there were some really amazing shots of the planet and spaceships. The score was cool. The plot was a little thin but it wasn't really bad. I thought the actors did good jobs except for one guy that I didn't like. Guy Pearce also looked fucking weird in his old man makeup.

I'd say 7-ish out of ten and recommend you at least catch the matinee. The visuals wouldn't transfer to the small screen as well. There's some real power seeing the giant establishing shots 4 stories tall with booming speakers everywhere.

I guess it's something I should mention but I did not see this in 3D. I don't think it's necessary for this film.

My main gripe with the plot is that it's predictable. I felt like they could have done a little more to draw you in to the story.

The android performance was great.

Just saw it too. I say it's more of a spiritual prequel rather than a true prequel or a movie that has nothing to do with the original alien.

The plot was underwhelming and lacked any real content, and thus I stayed emotionally detached throughout the entire movie, even though the graphic content and creepy nature of the movie tried to keep you involved.

Acting was average but I did like Fassbender's robot role.

As no surprise, the special effects reigned dominant in the movie, although I was a little underwhelmed in that regard too. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and environment around them and some of the techy sci-fi stuff but besides that there's nothing amazingly new or defining about the effects.

I saw the movie in 3d as well, but I could have done without.

Honestly I think it's either a matinee or redbox with home theater speakers candidate. If you can't get in a matinee or if you don't have a good home theater then I don't think it's worth it.

I'd give it a 6/10.

Edited by Twisted Metal

I saw it in 3D, and it honestly took me right out of the movie in a few scenes where it just didn't work. It was pretty cool for the most part, but those few portions...damn.

The movie itself...uh, I'm kinda with the concensus here. It was good. Not great. I'm simultaneously disappointed and satisfied for completely different reasons.

Well I never got uncomfortable, and I'm no expert in surgery and how it affects people, but it felt a little unrealistic-- how she got sliced right open and proceeds to get on her feet and run everywhere right after.

There was a couple cliche things here and there too like when they were running away from the storm and shaw drops the head and goes back for it, then when the spaceships falling over and the daughter runs from it but gets crushed by it.

Those were the biggest gripes I had about the movie anyways.

I wasn't disappointed at all.

Meaning the movie was as mediocre fun as I thought it was going to be.

SPOILERZ

hey guys I'm like releasing my puppies up in this bitch so we can like totally map out the entire area and know where we are going..

whoa dead alien body, peace out mofos me and cliche nerd hipstard are out of here

a storms a brew'n!

hey guys wait for us we got lost

LOST

The guy with the freak'n tracker bots got fuck'n lost.

Then lets not forget the tardation of cliche nerdgrills tard does. Oh look a snake looking thingy I better let it know that I come here in peace because I work for space PETA and helped free the blue cat people on Pandora. (I enjoyed that they showed what happens when a synthetically enhanced lifeform contricts around a normal human's arm.)

And Finally, Hey derps we got like no living derps up in this herp, oh wait there is something being detected that is possibly alive all the way out in this tunnel.

....What about the fucking grubs in that shrine looking room? The ones that turned into the super snakes?