Dark Knight Rises

supplice.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Nolan already confirmed noone is touching his Batman universe for Justice League or otherwise. I don't have proof but I wanna say he's said it numerous times in interviews.

That's humorous if he really did say that.

And I wasn't saying JGL would be be Bruce. He'd be ...Robin, apparently, with his own problems.

Not that my two-cents is worth much. I won't see dkr until someone presents it to me on dvd or blu-ray.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that?

I don't like Batman. I am a Marvel fag after all. However, Nolan's Batman is good, but I can't stand that voice Bale uses for him. I liked Aaron Eckhart infinitely more than I did Heath for their portrayal of their respective characters. From what I hear, I'll probably like Bane as well.

I'd go with friends to see it in theatres if they all wanted to, to be honest. A cheap theatre. But that probably won't happen, so eventually my brother will buy it when it comes out and I'll see it then.

Biggest gripe with Batman is "oh, OH, Batman could beat ANYBODY, so long as he has prep-time." That's the lamest defense I've heard from fans on /co/ regarding his abilities.

Supplice that's what I'm talking about right there! MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I don't like Batman. I am a Marvel fag after all.

Fair enough, although I'm not exactly a big Batman fan, either, and I still felt this movie was phenomenal.

Hell, I didn't even like the The Dark Knight, and I only thought Batman Begins was pretty good.

Biggest gripe with Batman is "oh, OH, Batman could beat ANYBODY, so long as he has prep-time." That's the lamest defense I've heard from fans on /co/ regarding his abilities.

That's a lame excuse, but using that as your "biggest gripe" is weak sauce since Marvel fans are just as bad about that as DC ones. Dr. Doom and Iron Man fans being the biggest culprits of using that same exact defense in lame ass vs threads. If your gripe about a character has to do with what some fans on a terrible thread have to say about it, than you're going to have to hate an awful lot of Marvel characters, too.

Oh, and Mr. Fantastic.

And if you want to argue idiotic fanboy vs thread logic, look no further than Wolverine and Captain America's "jobber auras".

Edited by Penguin Deus

Ok, well maybe not biggest. Lol, but people are giving him way more credit than he probably deserves, in my opinion. Take away the prep-time for everyone and you get a physically fit guy with a gadget here and there and mid-battle strategy making skillz vs. and random super duper powered foe. I'm going to lean toward the super powered person. I'm sure Bat's capable of taking certain people on but fanboys always want to give him the handicap of prep-time so they can claim he is superior. Shit don't fly with me.

And yeah, there's other things about Marvel characters that I dislike. Wolverine originally had limited healing factor. Now he can survive nuclear explosions. That's gay. So now whenever there's epic scenes in AvX where everyone's getting their ass kicked, Wolverine shows significantly more wear and tear, because "he can take it, lets mangle the shit out of him while everyone else gets a bruise or two."

Not to derail the topic further but what's so bad about Mr. Fantastic? He's alpha.

Iron Man would fucking suck without Tony Starks, yeah.

I don't even like the Iron Man comic but movie Iron Man is fkn rad.

Shit don't fly with me.

It shouldn't, either. Writers make weird shit happen that doesn't make sense, because they're trying to tell a story. They weren't thinking about faggoty vs threads when they told those stories, so yeah it won't jive properly all the time. Vs threads in general are pretty stupid, although amusing from time to time.

Not to derail the topic further but what's so bad about Mr. Fantastic? He's alpha.

Nothing is wrong with Mr. Fantastic, it's just that "lol Mr. Fantastic w/ prep > Galactus" is a common defense in vs threads. I don't usually hate on a character because of their fans. I'm sure there's an exception somewhere, though.

Wolverine might fit the bill, the more I think about it.

Of characters I don't like because of their fans, I mean.

Of characters I don't like because of their fans, I mean.

Right. I dislike Superman cause he's just overpowered. I was glad when I heard they killed him off in the comics, especially by just having the shit beat out of him by Doomsday, only to have some superfan tell me "he didn't die, his dad came to him in a vision and said he's literally incapable of dying cause thats a human thing and you aren't human, so be alive." That pretty much did it for me for Superman. Forever.

I don't get that Mr. Fantastic setup. I mean, those kinds of things are supposed to be fantasy fights. Mr. Fantastic actually fought Galactus, had Johnny go get the Ultimate Nullifier, or threatened him with a fake one. I don't remember the details of their encounters but yah. Obviously with prep-time, Mr. Fantastic would know what to do in a situation with Galactus considering the amount of times he's dealt with him. Then again, Galactus could mix up his game, too.

Right. I dislike Superman cause he's just overpowered. I was glad when I heard they killed him off in the comics, especially by just having the shit beat out of him by Doomsday, only to have some superfan tell me "he didn't die, his dad came to him in a vision and said he's literally incapable of dying cause thats a human thing and you aren't human, so be alive." That pretty much did it for me for Superman. Forever.

That's not what happened. Superman came back because Eradicator accidentally revived him. He jacked his body to use it as a model for cloning to give himself a physical body, but it wasn't a perfect clone so he kept the body around to use to keep absorbing sunlight, which he'd then siphon off with some machine to power his clone body. He ended up putting so much power through Clark's body it revived him. IIRC though the fortress itself also started using all the equipment it had present to revive him. I'm not totally sure on that, anymore. I might be mixing that part up with other comics. I think that was also part of it though, because I remember Eradicator flipping out when he sees the fortress repairing his body.

Earlier in the story his dad, after having a heart attack from hearing about his son dying, had a hallucination where he talks Clark into coming back to life because humanity needs him. This scene was more important to explain why he (Jon Kent) was willing to keep fighting to live then it was to revive Clark. He pulls through and goes back home to Martha Kent. Then the pretenders show up, then the rest of the story happens.

Sounds like your friend, or whoever this "superfan" is, is not only a complete idiot, but is incapable of reading and understanding even the most basic of literary devices.

I don't get that Mr. Fantastic setup. I mean, those kinds of things are supposed to be fantasy fights. Mr. Fantastic actually fought Galactus, had Johnny go get the Ultimate Nullifier, or threatened him with a fake one. I don't remember the details of their encounters but yah. Obviously with prep-time, Mr. Fantastic would know what to do in a situation with Galactus considering the amount of times he's dealt with him. Then again, Galactus could mix up his game, too.

Galactus can just will him out of existence. He's a driving force of the universe; Mr. Fantastic is a really smart guy with stretchy limbs. He won cuz the writer decided to make him win. He's not going to beat him in a legit fight. The most obvious counter-argument here is "well the comic IS legit because it's the actual story." This is why vs threads are stupid.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Right. I dislike Superman cause he's just overpowered.

You must not like Thor or Hulk, then. Or Dr. Strange, Magneto, Phoenix, and X-Man. Or Sentry. Or Iron Man. Or Nova. Or Prof. X. Or Dr. Doom. Or Gladiator. Or Thanos. Or Silver Surfer. Or Adam Warlock. The list goes on and on.

fkn Supplice hahaha you posted as I was adding a line to that last post. I can't even see the image either, I think my work is blocking it.

Obviously with prep-time, Mr. Fantastic would know what to do in a situation with Galactus considering the amount of times he's dealt with him.

Oh geez.

Edited by Penguin Deus

i like the comic where he trolls green lantern by painting the whole room yellow and himself including his teeth

then robins running around in the background trying to offer Hal lemonade lol

Edited by supplice.

Which one is that? That sounds fkn awesome.

You remember the one where Guy was mooning batman from space and he like wrote in green letters kiss my ass over his ass? That shit was hilarious.

My bad, the message was different.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/sallyp617/Guy%20Pictures/byebyebats-1.jpg

Edited by Penguin Deus

lol didnt he say like "gardner needs a shave" right after?

the comic is All-Star Batman & Robin The Boy Wonder, it didnt do to well but the arts top notch and its the story arc takes a different turn

they have a section where Superman doesnt know he can fly yet so he runs across the Atlantic Ocean lol

Darkest Knight is where Batman actually gets the Power Ring instead of Hal Jordan

Yeah I think he did say that lol.

Oh, I never read All-Star Batman. Jim Lee did the art tho iirc and he is god tier. All I remember from it is "I'm the GODDAMN BATMAN", when he was trolling on kiddy Robin. That shit is so funny.

Oh that's an elseworlds story. That explains why I didn't remember him getting a GL ring. Like I said earlier I'm not a big batman fan so I haven't read a lot of his stuff that's not like the big stories for him.

Wasn't Frank Miller writing All-Star Batman but it still sucked, somehow?

Edited by Penguin Deus

The superfan was just some dude on youtube that tried to correct me after everyone on some vid was complaining about superman being OP. So I made the comment "Doomsday beat him to death." And the guy sent me a PM on youtube explaining what I said earlier and even sent me a link. I didn't really have a response at the time except "and you really enjoy such a Mary Sue of a character?" or something along those lines. I can ease up on superman now if that sweet "no, u're incapable of dying" bs was really just bs. Still don't like him.

i have no defense for the Mr. Fantastic blunder I made earlier, other than I can't help it. I'm a Marvel fag.

He and Doomsday killed each other. Well, sorta. Doomsday can't be killed (part of his genetic make-up), and Superman got revived.

I just checked the Death of Superman omnibus I have, and yeah it's pretty much exactly like I described it.

Fuck youtube commenters.