Dark Knight Rises

supplice.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mexican Bane was the dullest choice to make.

Clayface, Killer Croc, Firefly, Deadshot (who could try to replace him again), Hugo Strange, Mad-Hatter, Man-Bat, Riddler, Solomon Grundy, and Scarface all could have been far more interesting. Clayface especially.

I mean, Bane is just super strength. Clayface is that and SO MUCH MORE. And I know he was done in Arkham City and most of these others were too, but they haven't gotten good movie love yet.

Edited by Magnus

Clayface, Killer Croc, Firefly, Deadshot (who could try to replace him again), Hugo Strange, Mad-Hatter, Man-Bat, Riddler, Solomon Grundy, and Scarface all could have been far more interesting. Clayface especially.

I mean, Bane is just super strength. Clayface is that and SO MUCH MORE. And I know he was done in Arkham City and most of these others were too, but they haven't gotten good movie love yet.

It sounds like your only experience with Bane was in the animated cartoons. In the comics, Bane has been almost consistently portrayed as being just as smart or smarter than Batman, all while being super strong to boot. PD put it well when he said something along the lines that Bane is basically a better Batman than Batman.

So with that said, this Bane is a great representation of what the true Bane is like. The only big difference is that he wasn't jacked up on Venom.

Also, all of your choices would be shitty choices for a trilogy-ending villain. None of Batman's foes in the movies have had superpowers (Lazarus Pits were never mentioned with Ra's Al Ghul) so to include one at the end would be a bad choice because it's no longer man vs. man. It's literally a less human struggle. Scarface/Ventriloquist would be a fucking joke. No way he'd be able to be a force that all of Gotham could rise against. Same goes for Riddler. Deadshot and Firefly would be completely different stories and band endings for the trilogy. Bane was the best since we already did two of Batman's most dangerous foes. Only right that we should have the third. He's a force that can end Batman and let Gotham defend and redeem itself.

Hell, not even all the animated series. I think only a few showed him as an idiot. Most didn't show his full intelligence though, iirc.

Bane was originally created specifically as a character who could beat Batman. He's most certainly not just super strength. He wasn't in the movie, either. The movie used the original Bane, which was the best choice by far for people to have as Bruce's final opponent. None of the people you named can possibly bring to the table the necessary firepower and strategic ability needed for what went down.

To be honest I never really liked Ras Al Ghul.

Fucking Scarface? Really?

Also there's like a bajillion clayfaces.

Owen's right Bane sounded like a fucking leprochaun.

Edited by Penguin Deus

No Man's Land and Dark Knight Returns. It actually had less of Knightfall than the previous two mentioned, which is funny since that's Bane's story.

He had at least one direct quote from Dark Knight Returns, even.

I felt like it was more Dark Knight Returns than anything, by a long sight.

Anne Hathaway crushed it as Selina Kyle. Yes.

http://i.imgur.com/7yxGK.gif

It was a good movie.

Magnus' suggestions are the opposite of how good it was.

all you need after the superman movie is wonder woman, then you can go ahead with justice league because the trinity is all like "trinity > justice league lolol"

but then again theyre making the flash movie and already made green lantern lol

but the trailer for man of steel was dope though fosho.

Justice League is way more than trinity though. It's at least 6-7 people that matter.

Also, there's no way to use the current Batman since his story just ended. And no, it's not like you can even take Nolan Batman out and just throw him into JL cuz Nolan's whole universe wouldn't work with other superheroes existing in the world. Superman existing means DKR is impossible because he would have thrown Bane in jail and that nuke into the Sun within like a half hour after the broadcast on national television.

And you gotta wait awhile on a Batman reset anyways. They won't do one so fast after because they're gonna want to make money off this one for a few years.

Just cuz there was an Avengers movie doesn't make a Justice League movie necessary or even practical, yet.

EDIT: I took out one part of the early post and it like changed everything so I edited the shit out of this.

SUPER EDIT: I'd love to see DKR redone with Superman existing, though. It'd be a way shorter film but it'd be hilarious.

*roll credits*

Edited by Penguin Deus

lol im saying they focused mostly on the trinity more than anything

also this could be nolans take on bruce waynes death and dick grayson picking up the cape (or robin john blake)

so its all possible cuz superman wouldnt be there to save gotham until later depending on how old he is at the time during the events of DKR

the movies arent going to follow every tidbit of DC story arcs and canon

but we can debate all we want, wont know until man of steel comes out

Just cuz there was an Avengers movie doesn't make a Justice League movie necessary or even practical, yet.

no of course not but they already have Will Beall working on a script, its been announced for a while.

kinda like how they said Joss Whedon was working on a script a year before Avengers came out .

Edited by supplice.

Who is focused more on the trinity then anything?

also this could be nolans take on bruce waynes death and dick grayson picking up the cape (or robin john blake)

so its all possible cuz superman wouldnt be there to save gotham until later depending on how old he is at the time during the events of DKR

That's almost a good point, except you don't have the trinity without Bruce.

the movies arent going to follow every tidbit of DC story arcs and canon

You don't have to. Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern, would all make the dkr story completely impossible lol.

I still think my idea is best: DKR ft Superman

Isn't it possible to have ManoSteel take place after Dkr? Marvel movies have no problem dumping on comic continuity. I don't see why they can't throw JGLevitz as new bat along with manosteel and whoever else they want for a Justice League movie. Or trinity or whatever you call it.

It is, sorta. Shitting on comic canon is fine, since you want to make the best movie possible and sometimes comics aren't written for that format. The problem is the trinity Supplice keeps mentioning is specifically Clark, Bruce, and Diana, not just Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. You can't just throw someone else into the suit and say lol trinity. More importantly, the trinity is not the Justice League. Trinity doesn't really exist in the DC universe, that's just like a name people use to refer to their 3 most iconic characters.

People don't buy the Batman comics just to see the Batman costume, same with the movies. You're there to see Bruce being Bruce, and Bruce being Batman. If your saying JGL is going to act exactly the same as Bruce, well maybe it'll work? But I'd imagine there's better ways to make money: i.e. leave the Nolan batman universe alone and just build off Man of Steel.

It's like saying you can make an Iron Man movie without Tony Starks. No you can't, cuz then its not Iron Man. It's another guy in an Iron Man suit.

That all ties back to my original post all along: I'm not even trying to think about other shit til I see Man of Steel. That's a big enough deal for me.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Nolan already confirmed noone is touching his Batman universe for Justice League or otherwise. I don't have proof but I wanna say he's said it numerous times in interviews.