Dada Poem

Mom

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/dada.jpg

First venture into the genre. I've always sorts liked calligraphy, and some of the aesthetics to various dada poetry, and I might explore more later. This was just a quick look up on a news site, find an article about a chick-fil-a worker wanting justice or some shit because a guy taped her for a viral video.

Eventually I'd want something more exploratory in the curvature and shapes of the letters themselves like this:

http://www.poets.org/images/media/326_dada.jpg

or this:

http://www.math.buffalo.edu/~sww/ray/dada_poem.gif

But with more color and posterized, and definitely a different subject other than chick-fil-a.

Definitely can't say that isn't Dada!

I was thinking you could try it with an old press-release or transcript of a Steve Jobs debuting a new apple product. You like apple products, and if I remember right he uses pretty flowery language, so you might get some ideas there on what to do. Admittedly that might be too thought-out for a Dada piece, but it's just an idea anyways.

Or take a random one of our conversations about dirty and turn it into a Dada poem hahahaha

Yeah Dada is absurd bullshit. That's kind of the point of it, though. It's origins are basically rooted in trolling the art community with nonsense.

I just looked on wikipedia and saw a really funny quote:

It's too idiotic to be schizophrenic.

Carl Jung on the Dada productions

Dada rose in Europe after WW1. It was a direct response to the serious and literal Objectivity work that was popular at the time. Otto Dix is one of my favs. Dada-ists thought that anything too orderly was a direct cause of WW1, and they wanted to lighten the serious mood of post-war Europe. They threw organization and sensical styles out of the window, and they spanned a wide variety of art styles, varying from written poetry to performance art. What I find the most funny is at times, Dada itself was a danger to Dada, as the movement tended to get too organized at times, and that's not the Dada way.

You want the best example of trolling the art world and making them seriously question what art is, look at DuChamp's 'Fountain.' He just took a urinal, turned it sideways and entered it in a show and called it art.

Edited by Twisted Metal

Dada rose in Europe after WW1. It was a direct response to the serious and literal Objectivity work that was popular at the time. Otto Dix is one of my favs. Dada-ists thought that anything too orderly was a direct cause of WW1, and they wanted to lighten the serious mood of post-war Europe. They threw organization and sensical styles out of the window, and they spanned a wide variety of art styles, varying from written poetry to performance art. What I find the most funny is at times, Dada itself was a danger to Dada, as the movement tended to get too organized at times, and that's not the Dada way.

They used to get into fights with each other and shit too, mainly cuz they were so busy trying to be random and insulting. I remember reading lots of stories of their get-togethers turning violent from the rampant trolling.

http://www.poemofquo.../tools/dada.php

loop yall down. all in

shit his Floka game Yall boyz Icy

eyes. about i the the

own game niggas the like needs dumb

like rap ass dick The

dick licious should boyz fruit streets shot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another poem I wrote:

Factory: Raor better Raor: pilot his don't

Layered: Sara: yes are online Raor: not his finally

Factory: Raor someone All but return

yes face you better Raor: them Raor: don't maxed,

not take be his yes Raor:

know Sara: yet Lukav: your be AC yes in

Edited by Penguin Deus

• 1 month later...