Game Won't Update: CAN'T PLAY ONLINE!

artanis1111

I JUST BOUGHT AC5 FOR THE PS3. IVE LOVED THESE GAMES FOR AS LONG AS THEYVE BEEN OUT. SO WHY WOULDENT THE NEXT ONE BE FUN. WELL I CANT EVEN GET INTO THE ONLINE MODE. I STARTED BY DOWNLOADING THE COMPATABILITY PACK. NO CHANGE. I DOWNLOADED THE MODELERS PACK. IVE DELETED THEM ALL AND RE-DOWNLOADED. THE ONLY THING IAN THINK OF IS IF THE GAME ITS SELF ISNT UP TO DATE. MY GAME IS V1.02 IS THAT CORRECT. IF NOT WHY ISNT IT DOWNLOADING AN UPDATE.

HELP ME GET ONLINE

ARTANIS

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WITH THESE COMPATIBILITY PACKS AND MODELER PACKS. I NEVER HAD TO USE ANYTHING LIKE THAT WHEN I PLAYED ACV SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY? I DON'T SEE WHY YOU CAN'T UPDATE; IF YOUR PS3 HAS ONLINE IT SHOULD AUTOMAGICALLY DOWNLOAD ANY UPDATES AS LONG AS YOU'RE CONNECTED TO THE NET.

I NEED MORE INFORMATION TO HELP YOU GET ONLINE.

NINETY

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WITH THESE COMPATIBILITY PACKS AND MODELER PACKS. I NEVER HAD TO USE ANYTHING LIKE THAT WHEN I PLAYED ACV SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY? I DON'T SEE WHY YOU CAN'T UPDATE; IF YOUR PS3 HAS ONLINE IT SHOULD AUTOMAGICALLY DOWNLOAD ANY UPDATES AS LONG AS YOU'RE CONNECTED TO THE NET.

I NEED MORE INFORMATION TO HELP YOU GET ONLINE.

NINETY

I TURN ON THE GAME. this game blah blah auto save blah blah.

I PRESS OK. updating trophy info blah blah.

A MENU SHOWS UP. theres an update available it downloads.(V1.02)

ANOTHER MENU COMES UP AND I QUOTE: Updated game content available

You need the latest COMPATIBILITY PACK to play online.

You can download the latest COMPATIBILITY PACK for free from PlayStation Store

Select "OK" to go to PlayStationStore

Select "Cancel" to start the game offline

OK Cancel

I PRESS OK. it brings me to the PS Store and the menus are blank and says "no content was found"

I QUIT THE GAME AFTER IT LOADS AGAIN AND TELLS ME THE SAME THING

I GO INTO THE PS STORE, ADD-ONS, ACV. theres 4 add-ons: heavy assault pack, recon pack, MODELERS PACK, and MODELERS COMPATIBLITY PACK

I DOWNLOAD THE MODELERS COMPATIBLITY PACK and the MODELERS PACK. they instal when their done.

I START THE GAME AGAIN. and the same shit happens over and over

i cant be the only person this has happend to.

and i hope this is enough info. cause theres nothing else i could tell you.

maby im in an area with no multiplayer server??? (yukon canada)

but all my other games work. PLEASE HELP ME

Only thing is probably removing all the cache data from downloading the Modeler Compatibility Pack then try to reinstall it.

Don't touch the actual Modeler Pack yet because the game only needs the compatibility pack to run online

Once you've made it online then go ahead and install the Modeler Pack. You might even need to uninstall the game itself if that doesn't work.

NOTE: If you don't know what cache data is then

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/356/0/d/applejack_by_slugbox-d4jvi2z.png

cuz the internetz wont let me use the original.

Edited by Ogawa Lou

• 2 months later...

i just bought the game yesterday and started playing offline missions. when i finished downloading the compatibility pack and installed it, it still says that an Updated game content is available and i need need to download it to play online. then it gives me an option to press OK to go to the playstation store to download said add-on or press Cancel to play it offline. pressing OK though will only take me to a blank playstation store with nothing at all to download.

i tried quitting the game and manually going to the playstation store and download the compatibility pack again since after installing it, it will disappear. but after installing again it still tells me that an Updated game content is available.

Is there something wrong with their server? or is it just me?

my game version is 1.02, is there a newer version out? i bought this game for the online co-op feature and this update crap is really pissing me off.