Hype for Armored Core VI

Talos

After hearing around the internet about talk for yet another AC game, naturally I looked into it. While it is possibly mere speculation at this point. I see no intimations of Armored Core coming to a close at AC V. Whatever they decide to do, I'm sure it leads to more of the mechanical awesomeness we all know and love. I only wish they'd fix the boosting system. :blink:

Source: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Armored_core

Edited by Talos

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there is going to be VI. Whether or not it is going to be appealing to anyone outside of japan is a whole other story. It's far too soon to even talk about it. ACV was supposed to be the game that set everything right. It did the job specifically for Japan and FROM could care less about how the international market thinks of the series. Even the best installments recieved mediocre reviews from critics who merely glanced over the contents and didn't even recognize the most basic of changes made. International market is paying attention to Dark Souls so that's what FROM is going to make sure the international market likes. Not Armored Core.

Of course there is going to be VI. Whether or not it is going to be appealing to anyone outside of japan is a whole other story. It's far too soon to even talk about it. ACV was supposed to be the game that set everything right. It did the job specifically for Japan and FROM could care less about how the international market thinks of the series. Even the best installments recieved mediocre reviews from critics who merely glanced over the contents and didn't even recognize the most basic of changes made. International market is paying attention to Dark Souls so that's what FROM is going to make sure the international market likes. Not Armored Core.

Sad times we're living in :/

Edited by Talos

While it is sad that Armored Core isnt' that popular, FROM at least has some other titles to fall back on. Dark Souls, for example.

In time we'll get another installment. I'm more than willing to be patient for it, as I'd rather they take their time then rush out some crap that would make ACV look like ACLR.

noooo screw dark souls Armored core is the best mech game ever conceved

I'd be normally inclined to agree Klein, but it's in poor taste to trash other series just to say how much you love Armored Core.

I used to be like that. But then I realized I was being a dick.

Edited by Pendragon

You're still a dick.

ACV was terrible, especially in regards to how long it was in development. If you're going to take that long to make a game then it better be great. Think of how many awesome games went from concept to reality in the time it took FROM to finish ACV.

ACV could have been good but it wasn't and FROM doesn't really care. If there's going to be an AC6 then I hope it's only released in Japan.

that....... thats F@$!#ing blasfimy no i agree im not raping on dark souls i never played it so i cant judge it. im just saying out of all the mech games i have played armored core is the best of the genre. i i also agree that AC V could and should have been much better but theres also a topic on this aready right here thats all i have to say

There is no armored core 6 currently in production unless From Software teases it. They're not the type to hide their games.

Regardless of what wasn't announced I'm sure they aren't finished with it. I've got nothing against Dark Souls so if thats their fancy at the moment so be it. Patience is a virtue.

ACV was terrible

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. I still found it a great game because of the customization, the entirely revamped battle system, and the short but sweet campaign.

My biggest beef would be the color scheme and FPS, but other than that i would buy a sequel or an expansion pack to ACV if they fixed those problems.

I'm in the minority when I say this, and I don't even care.

AC does pretty ok in Japan. It sells for shit everywhere else. It's why ACV is a shitty game. If it had the playerbase to support it, the online would be really cool. However after a week it was just running missions against AI bots. Sometimes you had a teammate.

That's that shit I don't like.

I honestly think another developer will come up with their own customizable mech game that is on par with what AC fans thought the AC series was going to go. And FROM will eventually trip up with the DS series and huddle back into the depths of generic JP dev groups from once they came.

I hate speculating the thought patterns of foreign developers. At least we know that EA is just one big douche hole.

I honestly think another developer will come up with their own customizable mech game that is on par with what AC fans thought the AC series was going to go. And FROM will eventually trip up with the DS series and huddle back into the depths of generic JP dev groups from once they came.

ogawa this this i dont know how but this tore me apart i honestly dont think anyone will get close to a generic armored core. from just needs to grow a pair and try to advertise other places because i thoughly belive if they actualy through up a commercial showing some game play more people would look in to it. Edited by Tidus Klien

ogawa this this i dont know how but this tore me apart i honestly dont think anyone will get close to a generic armored core. from just needs to grow a pair and try to advertise other places because i thoughly belive if they actualy through up a commercial showing some game play more people would look in to it.

I'm sure they have plenty of commercials for Armored Core...In their home country at least.