Armored Core V Chatango Chatroom

Forcef

Hello everybody.

I have recently bought Armored Core V (xbox 360).

The real surprise is that on a game which only merely a year old, the community is dead.

Therefore I decided to try revive it and find more active new players who feel the same way like me:

I am really keen on mastering this game, but it is really hard if there are no active players or no support to new players.

There certainly exist professional teams, but they can't help the new players. So the online playing is potential but needs more potential teams.

I decided to create a chatroom in chatango for new players to get help, and old players to join in attempt to revive this game.

http://armoredcorev.chatango.com/

I am not trying to take the users away from the forum, but make the chatroom work with the forum. So please don't consider this as spam and advertising, it is just an attempt to make the game better for all of us.

The room was just created, so there's basically no community yet, but join in.

Best regards to all who want this thing to happend.

best of luck in your mission Forcef. though i dont think a whole lot of people will try to revive it.

if you splunk around the forums you will find that AC V isent so hot. i think its great but others just pushed it aside. so sadly i say that most people dont care for AC like they used to. its become a thing after Last Raven to hate AC. sad :D

Two things, this site has a chartoom, and most people here play on PS3.

I think AC5 is a good game and it died too fast, but the nature of the game sort of requires a large player base. The exception would be having a big team that just fights itself. The latter is probably the only realistic option.

The same thing happened with AC4 (but much more slowly). In the end it's still dead, but a small group here still occasionally hosts tournaments (the next one is this weekend). You can probably do the same AC5. If I had it for Xbox I might jump in every now and then, but I don't.

Two things, this site has a chartoom, and most people here play on PS3.

I think AC5 is a good game and it died too fast, but the nature of the game sort of requires a large player base. The exception would be having a big team that just fights itself. The latter is probably the only realistic option.

The same thing happened with AC4 (but much more slowly). In the end it's still dead, but a small group here still occasionally hosts tournaments (the next one is this weekend). You can probably do the same AC5. If I had it for Xbox I might jump in every now and then, but I don't.

Hey guys, the room is for people from any platform. Every person who likes to talk about AC V can join and help to keep some activity on.

PS3 players can hook up there as xb360 players.

I find that there are alot of potential new players on ac5 but give up because there is no community. This kind of thing can exponentally grow little by little if those persons are able to find this kind of chatrooms with google etc.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfp8nb.jpg

My God what rock did you crawl out of?

The ACV community isn't dead, it's just a bunch of elitists who are obsessed with the world map.

Since no one is paying attention to the Merc board I was just cruising on top.

Apparently the teams don't like my trash talk because I won most of the Free Battles of course I don't get any of those points because they were all too chicken shit to do battle for points. Seriously it's not even anything to brag about since they could have easily decided to just converge on me and I wouldn't have had no hard feelings about it.

You want to get a group together I suggest doing what everyone else says, You might want to look up other threads as well. You might get lucky and join a high level team but even so they are all just a bunch of unemployed dope dads with little kids whining constantly in their mics while they circle jerk with their online buddies.

My God what rock did you crawl out of?

The ACV community isn't dead, it's just a bunch of elitists who are obsessed with the world map.

Since no one is paying attention to the Merc board I was just cruising on top.

Apparently the teams don't like my trash talk because I won most of the Free Battles of course I don't get any of those points because they were all too chicken shit to do battle for points. Seriously it's not even anything to brag about since they could have easily decided to just converge on me and I wouldn't have had no hard feelings about it.

You want to get a group together I suggest doing what everyone else says, You might want to look up other threads as well. You might get lucky and join a high level team but even so they are all just a bunch of unemployed dope dads with little kids whining constantly in their mics while they circle jerk with their online buddies.

Ah, but you see I clearly typed:

'I have recently bought Armored Core V (xbox 360).'

That's the rock I crawled under from. Bought the game, community seems pretty shitty.

But yes the chatroom is an experiment to see if there is a potential community still.

I'm glad that this thread got responds here starting some conversation.

I hope new players like me can also find these topics and see that there are still possibilities for multiplayer activity in this game.

What they need is a place to make contacts with the active players you call 'elitists who are obsessed with the world map'.

And they might be.

I atleast found a good new team by luck now, which has a fair amount of territory and got me started well. Even had a team vs team match with one of those elitist teams.

But anyways, your frustrated relationship with the game and it's community is not a concern to me.

The 360 community isn't really that active. I don't know why, but it might have to do with the huge following ACV has in Japan. Even despite the Region locks when it comes to countries and territories, people love to hop onto Japanese PSN and check out the huge amount of battles those japs have daily. Those people play more then I do, and that's saying something.

But yeah, I support your idea of trying to help the communityy a bit more. Though chatango hates my computer, so I won't be able to help much.

The 360 community isn't really that active. I don't know why, but it might have to do with the huge following ACV has in Japan. Even despite the Region locks when it comes to countries and territories, people love to hop onto Japanese PSN and check out the huge amount of battles those japs have daily. Those people play more then I do, and that's saying something.

But yeah, I support your idea of trying to help the communityy a bit more. Though chatango hates my computer, so I won't be able to help much.

Thank you. Even this topic is supporting the community by showing that there are active people around. By first view on this forum you see that most recent posts are around '2012' mostly.

I've gotten into contact with some people and found a bunch of other active people on xbox. Hell we even took over a territory already with this new team.

I'm a mod for the Dark souls wiki chatango chat. That chat has helped hugely to create a community around that game, so I would have hoped it would have helped with this too. But I guess the best way would be to lead people to this forum and let them know that there are still people keen to help.

There really exists a bunch of new players around armored core V, but they leave it pretty soon since there's no support for them.

Thank you. Even this topic is supporting the community by showing that there are active people around. By first view on this forum you see that most recent posts are around '2012' mostly.

I've gotten into contact with some people and found a bunch of other active people on xbox. Hell we even took over a territory already with this new team.

I'm a mod for the Dark souls wiki chatango chat. That chat has helped hugely to create a community around that game, so I would have hoped it would have helped with this too. But I guess the best way would be to lead people to this forum and let them know that there are still people keen to help.

There really exists a bunch of new players around armored core V, but they leave it pretty soon since there's no support for them.

I have nothing against any new teams forming up. The point is, most of the international AC fanbase shuns ACV so the likelihood of new players sticking around is very unlikely regardless of whether or not you try to create some new effort to keep people in the game.

What you are doing is nothing new and it will die out once you reach the pinnacle of what this game has to offer which in the end game is absolute zero.

I'm just saying that this is the reality of the situation with ACV. FROM doesn't care and BAMCO sure as hell doesn't either. More than likely you'll just become another COD group who relies on the same AC design with hardly any variety. But on the off chance you pull something noteworthy out of the carcass that is ACV then maybe we can have a real AC community again in the NA and EU regions.

hmm i think some people will still play ACV even if its outdated.

i also agree that people need to stray away from conformity. its always the same kinetic setup. high op gen. low en boosters. always the same core. the only real difference is the paint and guns. now there are many exceptions i battled a team once that had a quad leg ce diffidence. a R joint missile man. and a tank.

if i was going to start up a community i would have fun trying souly to stay from the path of conformity. maybe a R joint with te arms ce core painted bright lime green and pink. with one arm jet black. now that's different!

so sadly i say that most people dont care for AC like they used to. its become a thing after Last Raven to hate AC. sad :D

I would say that it is the case for me. I don't hate the recent generation ones, but I find them a little empty. The older ones from the ps2 had more depth and felt it had at least minimum customization in comparison. The creative weapon combinations that were on there I used, which was declining from my preference. It isn't like I didn't try those games for what they were. Gave the 4th series a try again recently, but it was a very short term interest as it was since it's release a month after. Armored Core 5 is a bit of a first/third person shooter, so I'm not a fan of that genre. Not nearly enough new weapons either.

Edited by Lygophilia

• 2 weeks later...

Conformity? Probably because I haven't played in a long while...damn.

Most of the time I do run a high-output generator, but high acceleration boosters to go with it. I also use a very short range FCS, and most of my equip is KE+CE. I have a moonlight blade on standby, as well as a second CE battle rifle. My main unit is usually a medium weight biped, because.

Sometimes I try to run quads. Mostly for the sniper cannon accuracy BS that I've seen, which is awesome.

Most people though really don't like to play regular missions...most of the time, all I see is world mappin'.

^this guy cant even tunnel troll right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry2JSAXZmUI&feature=youtube_gdata_player watch n let the roflcopters assault XD

Allz i know is u can get matches on ps3 b/c for the most part its a good community and as 4 the game it is balanced except for sniper rifles and a couple other guns but overall the only problem is a lack of admin stopping boosters

Its not pointless trying to balance three types and have good recoil resistance but the niche must match the playstyle although youll always run into guy doolin weapons and spamming 1 kind of atk but i think if your gonna b op at least mix it up there are other great ways to destor without playing rock paper scissors armorwise and weaponwise i always try to triple threat every kind of ac but i also like to have fun in games too so others who only care about winning at all costs bore me idk i got my own opinions

As far as competitive play goes, there is no reason to use any leg type outside of mid weight bipeds or quads. Everything else is just awful.

1.05 may have updated some things, but lookin at the changes I still see Mids being the most dominating leg type followed by quads.

I am quite partial to quicker heavy bipeds of course mids are viable b/c they are able to nerf sniper rifles and quads b/c they can nerf battle rifles and both can have enuf te to nerf pmgs but overall that is rock paper scissors which doesnt need that much skill trying to balance all three and make up for the shortcomings is fun and takes skill and i can only hope was the intention of the game.i think armored core is very advanced minus a few huge oversights but oh well i love ac and at least trying even though there is no support from devs or producer to nerf scrubs or boosters but wut evs its the same argument for most other games im tired of complaining i give input but i am not going to get on a forum just to slam the game and say its bull id rather talk about what we can do with it btw grammar nazi idc enuf to take the time to edit that much and you know i dont have the time to criticize others grammar i have a life have g good day yall

Oh n thanx barl 4 that link... pretty shweet

Thought maybe yall would like this 1 http://news.cheatcc.com/articles/390261#.UShC4BpZ5zE