Warframe

Magnus

The blind is pretty bad compared to other CC skills on other frames, like chaos, irradiated disarm, molecular prime, firequake, accelerant, tornado, stomp, shocking speed, reckoning, prolonged paralysis, or vortex and bastille. Up until javelin was nerfed, it was excal's most popular skill for farming by killing everything all at once like miasma. Kinda doubt it'd be that useful outside of a farming scenario, though. Blind is a great move to have access to, because, CC, but supposedly is based off of line of sight checks now, which is dumb and highly limiting for CC, since you have to be in harm's way to cast it.

The main advantage radial blind has over other CC skills is it's augment that lets you do stupid damage on finisher attacks to one-shot most enemies in-game.

Though, javelin's cost will be getting reduced soon as part of the rework, so maybe it'll become better. I personaly haven't made an excal because he looks boring and kinda useless, and I probably won't make one until he's reworked at least.

Most of those on the list are not good cc. The only ones I'd really agree with are irradiating disarm (duh), molecular prime, stomp, maybe reckoning, as well as everything vauban does. Everything else have inconvenient to severe limiting factors.

With range and duration mods, Excalibur is very much not useless with great mobility and a spammable blind (the line of sight hindrance doesn't show up much) that doesn't need any help with augments so you're not sacrificing energy on a gimmicky build. I will agree that excalibur is a middle of the road warframe that doesn't excel in any one thing, but he is more than capable of handling everything well into late game where quite a few other frames (with skills you've mentioned) start having some problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It's anniversary time again for warfarm so download the fuckhuge graphical update and collect the free weapons/weaponslots. New one this year is the dex Sybaris and it's basically a Sybaris but with slight upgrades to make it not clunky and just incredibly powerful instead.

Out of the new warframes that've come out recently, I really like Ivara. Mostly because she has a really pretty design and unique ways to do things. Sniper buff makes playing with sniper rifles more entertaining and a bit more viable, and there's a lot of new weapons with odd gimmicks along with mods that apply buffs on landing a headshot or a kill, etc. Also melee is viable now because of new melee mods.

I still want the grenade/rocket launchers to have the bit where they kill the user removed. Penta and Ogris are fine weapons except for that bit, and it's kinda dumb that they remain kinda low tier weapons compared to Tonkor primarily because of that. (Though, revives are much more forgiving than they used to be, so killing yourself with a grenade isn't nearly as big of a deal anymore)