What would you like to see in AC6?

What kind of game would you like it to be on the next-gen system? Would you like them to take in more old-school but in a diferent direction? In what way did ACV satisfy you or not compared to 4 and prior games? How would you make it if you had a choice?

My list is somewhat extensive, but as it should be given a game as awesome as AC is!

My general argument and request is that FROMSOFT is incapable of making a complicated and at the same time balanced game. Therefore go back to old-school concepts with a few new school tweaks for a simple yet elegant game that strips AC down to the essence.

No more massive discrepancy in defense. Your armor type should effect what types of weapons you have resistance to but it should not make a matchup so tipped in one side’s favor. Go back to how they had it before.

Normal boost should be stronger and eliminate glide boost. Your normal boost speed should be something a bit slower than glide boost but faster than what it has been in recent games. I would like to see them recapture the speed effect of how it felt in AC1.

Bring back OB again and enable it in the air as well. I don’t want to see FA OB but more like the older games, specifically how it worked in 2 and 3 series.

Lock boxes/circles being brought back was fantastic, so keep that, but (A. make it so you can’t lock into people who are not on your screen. In ACV if your above someone and trying to flank them they can just look up and even if you are behind them they can lock on and hit you. Do away with that so if they aren’t aiming at you they can’t hit you. (B. make it so you can’t aim down entirely like it always has been in prior games to allow for close range pit bulling and to deter people from abusing elevation.

Keep wall jump. This was actually a really good idea I think so keep it just as it is.

QB should be weakened. Currently it’s still kind of like FA in some ways depending on your boosters. QB should be sort of how it was in 4 but don’t enable quick turn, leave that out.

Don’t make such a huge disparity between booster types.

Get rid of all these complex stats like how the head affects your booster performance. Keep everything uniform and be determined based on weight and leg type.

Having one booster again was a great idea, 4 and FA failed hard with that idea, same with PA (don’t bring it back).

Don’t bring back heat either, it was a dumb concept in my book and the game don’t need it.

BRING BACK FLIGHT. I don’t want to see permaflight but something along the lines of AC1 how the AC’s could take to the air fast but would drain out quicker too.

Gens should be few in number and built based on the kind of job you want to do. Keep it simple, EN output is always at odds with CAP and the weight should not be much of a difference. Trying to balance gens according to weight class just creates imbalances given the potential for abuse. In every game they had done this everyone ends up abusing the HW gens or LW gens are useless. Keep it simple, like it was in AC1. There should be 3 or 4 gens along the spectrum with weight being mostly irrelevant.

Keep the air dive kick and the AC punches/kicks, these are cool ideas.= and they aren’t game breaking.

Bring back actual solid MG’s and either take out gats or make them balanced somehow.

Keep EN recharge on normal ground boosting.

Bring back old-school GL in some way (preferably the big projectile) that makes them fun again but not overpowered.

Get rid of the ability to have 4 of the same gun, its stupid and creates problems. The hanger concept was good in ACV I just don’t want to see the current level of abuse.

I’m kind of unsure of what to do about missiles. I DON’T want missile boats back, but ACV kind of takes the fun out of missiles. Perhaps just don’t make them so powerful and give us more of them. Or have a mix of weak and strong.

Cover use is a must.

Snipers should be strong like they are now but only effective at long range.

No more one hit deaths or dying so quickly. Again, the old-school games had it right. You should be able to die relatively quickly if you get caught but it should not be so punishing that one simple mistake and you lose half your life. Having super-fast kills like in ACV only makes the game noob out in my book because you’re more likely to get randomed out as opposed to being beaten by the player who has more skill. In fight games for instance, the noob ALWAYS has a greater chance to win if the rounds are set to one as opposed to, say, seven and if the damage is already up. Anyone can randomly or luckily or in high probability get a hit but the person will more skill wins in the long run. No need to great crazy with it just make flanks and impacts from heavy hitting slow moving weapons to damage but not absurd amounts.

In regards to quick boost. ACV ruined QB in my opinion because the flame jet stays on too long which means its not until your momentum from the QB has ended that you are free to circle strafe. This renders QB tight turning (quarter turns useless) which results in a very defensive and uneventful CQC. AC4 had it right. The QB flame would stay on only for a second but you would still be moving from it enabling you to turn all in one motion. With faster normal boost and QB circle strafing again CQC will be very interesting.

Stun needs to be minimized. The only weapons that should stun, but never stun lock, should be shot guns and really high powered weapons like heavy sniper weapons and cannons. Other than that stun-lock just causes lag online and takes away from the fluidity of the game. Have stun for weapons that deserve it but not stun lock.

I can’t decide if I like scan mode more or radar. I really don’t have a preference, they are both interesting. But if Scan-mode remains DO NOT link EN recovery to that mode!! EN recovery should be the same no matter what mode you’re in. Also you should be able to see enemies through buildings automatically without need of inside parts. Again, FROMSOFT making things overly complicated when they are incapable of making it work. KEEP it SIMPLE!

Bring back decent walk speeds and also higher jumps (again in the spirit of AC1).

The view should be closer on the AC and not so far off, and bring back the camera from AC4 so you can see your opponent better and if they are actually looking at you or not. Also make the graphics not so horrid like they are in ACV, you can’t tell the AC from the environment sometimes.

No FRS and MAYBE option slots but be sparing with how this is deployed. No more abuses!

Quads should not be areal at all. They should suck in the air and they need to move uber fast on the ground. ACV is on crack in this regard. Quads were always supposed to use cannon weapons on the ground and be fast down below but suck in the air.

Tanks are fine in ACV but with the adjustments to mobility mentioned above, some tweaking may be in order.

Greater differences in speeds between build types. A LW should feel like one. ACV sort of got this right, but not quit.

Well I can’t think of anything else but if I do I will add on.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with many of your points. However, there is one I can''t agree with.

"Next gen systems"

I feel that the next Armored Core should be on the PC, following the same path that Dark Souls took, granted FROM SOFTWARE improves the team in charge of ports.

I say this because I don't have faith in the next gen systems. Another 599 dollar blunder from Sony, a Kinect kid box from Microsoft, and a tablet centric Apple ripoff from Nintendo. I don't have faith in ANY of these and I don't want any of them possibly doing any damage to Armored Core by forcing some lame gimmick onto them

I guess that's just me.

I agree with many of your points. However, there is one I can''t agree with.

"Next gen systems"

I feel that the next Armored Core should be on the PC, following the same path that Dark Souls took, granted FROM SOFTWARE improves the team in charge of ports.

I say this because I don't have faith in the next gen systems. Another 599 dollar blunder from Sony, a Kinect kid box from Microsoft, and a tablet centric Apple ripoff from Nintendo. I don't have faith in ANY of these and I don't want any of them possibly doing any damage to Armored Core by forcing some lame gimmick onto them

I guess that's just me.

I can't say I share your hatred for the systems, but everyone is entitled to a preference. But I don't see what you mean when you say you don't have faith in thr systems? I am not to familre with Dark Souls. All I can say is I didn't particularely care for the graphics engine in ACV, which was, to my understanding, from the demon/dark souls games. From watching clips of Dark souls and Demon Souls I think that the engine makes sense for that kind of game but for AC it does not go well visually for practical purposes in game.

In any event, I just want to here what you want in terms of the development of the game. Like what kinds of weapons or new missions even, that you might want to see. It doesn't even have to be for multiplayer.

But I don't see what you mean when you say you don't have faith in thr systems?

I mean the new consoles coming out. I don't have faith in those. They have too many limitations and not enough potential. On the PC, there's mod support, infinite accessibility with controllers, the ability to make your own replays with no hassle (I know niji would like that) and above all, it would just be improved in quality. The worst that could happen is that they throw GFWL into it, but considering the alternative of letting it stay on the Ps4 and 720 isn't too nice either, since I remember the whole "patch fiasco" where the two consoles got shafted left and right when it came to features in the game. I just don't see any of that negative stuff happening on the PC.

In any event, I just want to here what you want in terms of the development of the game. Like what kinds of weapons or new missions even, that you might want to see. It doesn't even have to be for multiplayer.

We need to see more unconventional weapons again, like flamethrowers, acidic chemical launchers, crap that explodes into shrapnel, stuff that reshapes the battleground with craters and environmental hazards, the return of orbit cannons, something that improves upon the sentry guns they have in, making them more accessible to robots that don't want to sacrifice such weight and a space on their robot's armory, and maybe even something that makes the ramming mechanic stronger.

Mission wise, we need more enemies besides robots. Maybe some more biological sins against nature, perhaps ones that aren't just regulated to a few missions. We need an entire subplot that revolves around a company using them. Perhaps more interplanetary combat, showing transit between the Earth and whatever other planets exist in the AC universe. I can't think of too much else right now.

I want them to quit beating around the bush.

We're in giant ass mechs, flying around, just blasting the shit out of anything that moves. There have been times where we just step on vehicles, and they pop like bugs. That's great. Keep that. But you know what? I want more. I want to be able to level the shit out of anything on the field. I want to be able to punch a whole in a high rise, and grab the tiny women inside. I want to King Kong that shit, with a little Godzilla in there for good measure. I want to start a match in a city, and finish it in a parking lot. I want to lay waste to everything you hold dear.

We're in giant ass mechs, flying around, just blasting the shit out of anything that moves. There have been times where we just step on vehicles, and they pop like bugs. That's great. Keep that. But you know what? I want more. I want to be able to level the shit out of anything on the field. I want to be able to punch a whole in a high rise, and grab the tiny women inside. I want to King Kong that shit, with a little Godzilla in there for good measure. I want to start a match in a city, and finish it in a parking lot. I want to lay waste to everything you hold dear.

That's the same game I kick at bitches. Like word for word.

I mean the new consoles coming out. I don't have faith in those. They have too many limitations and not enough potential. On the PC, there's mod support, infinite accessibility with controllers, the ability to make your own replays with no hassle (I know niji would like that) and above all, it would just be improved in quality. The worst that could happen is that they throw GFWL into it, but considering the alternative of letting it stay on the Ps4 and 720 isn't too nice either, since I remember the whole "patch fiasco" where the two consoles got shafted left and right when it came to features in the game. I just don't see any of that negative stuff happening on the PC.

We need to see more unconventional weapons again, like flamethrowers, acidic chemical launchers, crap that explodes into shrapnel, stuff that reshapes the battleground with craters and environmental hazards, the return of orbit cannons, something that improves upon the sentry guns they have in, making them more accessible to robots that don't want to sacrifice such weight and a space on their robot's armory, and maybe even something that makes the ramming mechanic stronger.

Mission wise, we need more enemies besides robots. Maybe some more biological sins against nature, perhaps ones that aren't just regulated to a few missions. We need an entire subplot that revolves around a company using them. Perhaps more interplanetary combat, showing transit between the Earth and whatever other planets exist in the AC universe. I can't think of too much else right now.

Well, I can see what your saying about the consoles vs. PC. I guess I wouldn't care either way as long as I get to play Armored Core, but I have been satisfied for the most part with the AC series thus far, save for the recent ones.

I think ACV was a step in the right direction in terms of new and diferent weapons, although the exicution was a bit off I think.

I wouldn't mind seeing some maps or missions on the moon like AC1, or like that giant gun "Justice" and what not. Stuff like that was cool. Also I would like to see a return to the underground cities and bases. That sort of stuff sparked my imagination back when I first played AC1.

I guess its diferent strokes for diferent folks. I kind of thought that FA was a disaster in that regard. The descrutiable cover leads to lag first off. Second is that it destroys the cover game, which in my view is a central component of the overall tactical nature of Armored Core, which is one of the things that makes the series so good.

Why not have a happy medium of some stage or stages with fully destructible cover as you want and some without so everyone it happy?

• 4 weeks later...

yes some things i want BRING BACK FLYING!!!!

1. keep one hit kill weapons the UW's
  2. ragdoll effect if i shoot an enemy AC with a high power sniper cannon i want it to fall over
  3. distuctable limps!!!
  4. bring back back units
  5. and last give us a way to purge UW's

NOOO i liked heat bring back HEAT but like in 2 not nexus 3 and the others that when you boosted you overheated that was stupid

keep tunability and have the quads from ac 2 the ones that dident walk but rolled or hoverd i dont know how they worked but i liked that

Edited by Tidus Klein

It would be amazing if the people that playtested the game were actually accomplished competitive players. I feel like the design process for AC games go something like: "You know what would be cool? Giant rockets and super-duper wooshy laser blades. Let's do that. Okay. We're doing that." It doesn't seem like the game designers have a very strong idea of how to balance their games.

• 5 weeks later...

You know what I'd like to see?

What the fuck is happening on the screen when I get hit. No more of this bull about the screen flashing every color of the rainbow, the graphics blurring out and going black, and the HUD screaming at me every time I scrape my ACs toe on the corner of a building.

I'd also like to see some local co-op for the Story missions. Splitscreen. Tired of wanting to play the game with friends, but we are not allowed to play in the same damn room because FROM can't optimize an engine worth shit.

More emphasis on close range combat would be nice too. The boost drive is a nice touch, but a full melee system would be better. It doesn't have to be anything complex, it can even be context-sensitive, but we need something like shoulder rushes, grapples, throws, etc. I mean what's the point of a war machine with limbs if they end up being nothing but weapon turrets anyway? Not saying I want to take away from the range game, but the up-close in this series is boring.

I'd like to see some space battles as well, even if just for a couple of gimmick stages like in Ace Combat 3.

Overall for the art style I'd like to see a return to futuristic aesthetics. Right now the ACV-verse looks like Afghanistan with robots. I'm sick of brown games. Bring back the techno music while you're at it.

How about some flight-specialized ACs? As long as you're going to move in a team-oriented direction, might as well give us the full variety of specialized roles for us to fill with air support too.

I like the wall-jumping in V, and I think they should add a lot more movement options than just boosting. Make running more viable by bumping up the walk speeds or even giving the option to replace hover boosting with a sprinting mode. Add in a drifting / leaning mechanic to help turning and you've got something a bit more exciting than bunny hopping.

Edited by Black Lion

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah dude, missiles were such a disappointment in ACV. I remember how disappointed I was when I thought picking an arm part with 2 missile ports would allow me two sets of missiles, nah it only drained my one pack quicker, what a shame.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0jxyeHcaI1qalfsxo1_500.gif

My original combat strategy was a pistol and missiles stacked on fucking missiles until they fucking nerfed the pistol in 4th gen. Note the pistol is a tad more useful in V but it has lost what little killing power it once had due to a tiny amount of ammo. I want the ability to carry extra ammo in cartridges. And I still want to pistol whip and bayonet an AC to death. I want mecha carnage, screeching metal, arms and legs off, and heads off. I want to pull the lifeless corpse of an enemy pilot out of their bullet ridden wreck.

Most of all I want that old From Software ironic humor back. You have it in Dark Souls but ACV just seems so, stale. Like if From Software wasn't stale enough as it is for the average joe. I honestly enjoyed the narration in FA but I can see the potential for a player created mythos to become a....

Sorry out of a batteries. SLeep now.

• 6 months later...

- no more KE/CE/TE defense and bring solid/energy defense back. or at least mixed KE/CE/TE defense to be not like what FROM did about ACV/VD. (high KE = light, mid, LRJ / high CE = HRJ, quad / high TE = HBP, tank.......I don't like it because that was too much "ROCK > SCISSORS > PAPER" to me)

- bring old school movement (like AC1-LR) back. anyway, wall-jump is good enough for me to keep it.

- bring heat stats back.

- make normal boost to be most important boosting movement.

- make laser rifle have more different types. (example : had charging type and non-charging type)

- re-balanced between power & damage. also make armor-break when take more enough hit, not just a weapon with higher impact to staggered it.

maybe enough for now.

i would like to see them bring back hover parts. i loved those. they were agile and quick. nowadays u have to boost just to get anywhere. also, i think they should bring back some old enemies. think back to the days Nineball was around. imagine what he would be like now. he would be a force to reckon with. and why not bring back interplanetary travel? i loved how in AC2 took place on mars. why not bring that back? there are things from the older installments that where flat out wonderful. also, and this isnt coming from me but my friend, is why not let the pilot be able to get out of his AC? to be able to actually get out and walk around would be great.

I'm starting to appreciate old school mechanics, I think an updated version of that would be nice (not revamped like AC4/ACV).

Heat is a pain to manage so not that.

Good in-game graphics. I'm not usually a stickler for this but AC just has bad textures during missions. We need Garage-quality stuff out there in the field.

More parts, but not so many that things become unviable.

Good multiplayer system. Don't ask me how.

Stabilizers! (No stat changes, just for aesthetic purposes).

And of course good publicity. Dick players will be in every game, but what the international players need most is simply a larger playerbase. Good fans will come from that afterwards.

also, and this isnt coming from me but my friend, is why not let the pilot be able to get out of his AC? to be able to actually get out and walk around would be great.

No

Someone already made that game anyway.

http://en.wikipedia...._Alchemic_Drive

It was pretty...

•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

...RAD.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The novelty of getting out of your robit wore off pretty quickly, though. Walking, and most other forms of transport for that matter, kind of pale in comparison when you have a massive (and occasionally transformable) death machine at your disposal. Still, fun game.