Breaking Bad

Ataraxis

I don't watch the show but I gave the topic 5 stars because you created it.

You've always got my back. So dope.

My roommates got me in to it.

I enjoy it, but this mid-season hiatus shit is ridiculous. Good thing it's the last season, or so I heard.

Yeah, I don't like the mid-season thing either, but it is what it is. I'm kind of getting into my "Watch through the whole thing again for more details and so I can flow right into the final episodes" mode. I always notice something new when I re-watch, so there's that, too.

As for it being the last season, I really hope it is. As much as I love the show, we've been told pretty much the whole time that there was a plan for Walt as a character to go from one thing into another. The way I see it, he hit the middle of that progression in season three, and will play out season five as basically his season one opposite.

Anything else to me would either feel like padding, or be unbalanced relative to the other seasons. I mention that because some people in the cast and crew have mentioned that they see a lot of opportunities to keep things going.

I watched a few episodes and liked it but I don't have TV in my room so I couldn't keep up with it. It's on Netflix but that will only get me to like last season.

I have this problem with a lot of TV shows. The ones I REALLY like I usually end up buying on iTunes and then never watching wwww

Anything else to me would either feel like padding, or be unbalanced relative to the other seasons. I mention that because some people in the cast and crew have mentioned that they see a lot of opportunities to keep things going.

God, it'll be like Dexter or Supernatural and go on forever.

90, you should just watch seasons 1-4 on netflix and the first eight of S5 on some shitty website with shit quality.

I didn't watch much of Dexter, but I did hear from some people who were really into it that the way it was dragged out kind of created some major plot holes or something? I don't know. I'd rather not have that possibility with BB, either way. Vince Gilligan has kind of said he wants to cover as much as possible in the final episodes, and get the part of the story that matters told. I'm going to trust him on that.

And yeah, even if it doesn't get you to the end, I'd say you should watch it, Ninety.

I blew through season 3 episode 10 over this last christmas break. Something like 35 episodes in 4 days or something stupid. I havn't watched it since then, and it's a shame because i just need to finish season 3-- having all of season 4 saved on to my computer.

The only other high profile show I've watched since then has been both seasons of Homeland, which is quite good too. Game of Thrones Season 3 is just starting up too so it'll probably be a while before I get back into breaking bad.

• 4 months later...
In a lot of ways. I mean, there's the legacy he left behind, the people he got involved, and the fact that the case doesn't stop being investigated just because he personally stopped producing the stuff. There's a lot of other stuff, too. Actually, with some of the things they've shown in flash forwards, I don't know how they're going to tie it all together with five episodes left.

• 1 month later...

I liked it. Partially because I think it reflected certain aspects of the characters very clearly, and partly because I don't think I could imagine anything better.

I still like the first two seasons best, but 5-2 was pretty great overall. The whole series left me feeling very satisfied. Definitely my favourite show of all time.

They did the dialogue with their hearts.

Anything they would have said to each other in the last episode would have been completely different from a few episodes prior, I think.

The way I see it, Heisenburg died of cancer somewhere out in the woods, and Walt died saving Jesse. Unlike Hank, it seems like Jesse does know who he's talking to. The little head nod was all they needed.