World War 3: Rise of the Armored Core

Queen Drac Wraith

I am writing a fan fic and I will have custom ACs for it. These ACs will be based mostly on ACV ACs but have elements from the PS1-PS2 ACs. I will post the chapters 1 by 1, so it will be slow but please bear with me. Here is some info on these ACs.

-They will be 7-8m tall, or around 23-26ft tall. Big enough for electronics and armor, but less expensive than a 10m tall AC.

-Frame design will be a combination of ACV and the PS1-PS2 games.

-ACs will move like ACV ACs but can fly like in the PS1-PS2 games.

-Leg types

Bipedal: Basic and reliable leg type, comes in light to heavy models.

Reverse Joint: Similar to bipedal. Feature a better jumping ability but not as good at turning. Light to heavy models.

Quadruped: Not the best at jumping or turning, but have good armor and excel with cannon weapons. These legs are very stable and the booster layout allows them to hover more efficiently. Come in Mid-light to heavy models.

Tanks: Can fly but require a lot of power to do so. Very stable and can use cannon weapons while moving. Heavily armored and slow. Come in mid to heavy models.

-Weapon types will be Physical and Thermal.

-Physical damage will have weapon designs for almost all ranges and have impact force. There will also be different types of ammo, depending on the weapon.

-Thermal damage will use heat to damage an AC. Most will be designed for close to mid-range combat and will have barely any impact force. Not the best at long range.

-Weapon slots will be the same as ACV, even the carousel type weapon switching in ACV.

-Some weapons will be based on real life weapons. For example, my character’s AC will have a M230 30mm chain gun, which is used on the AH-64D Apache Longbow attack helicopter.

-No stupid jetpack guy in this fan fic.

-No weapon arms.

-Physical Weapons

Rifle: Basic and reliable weapon used for close to mid-range combat. Comes in multiple sizes and has versions with an increased rate of fire and 3 round burst.

Handgun: A light backup weapon for close-range combat. Has a high impact force to compensate for lack of power.

Shotgun: Close-range spread shot weapon designed for taking out soft targets.

Gatling Gun: A heavy close-range weapon that fires a huge volley of rounds very quickly. Can engage in mid-range combat, but best at close-range.

Chain Gun: Similar to the Gatling gun. Close to mid-range externally powered single barreled weapon that fires rounds bigger than a Gatling gun’s.

Sniper Rifle: A rifle made more powerful and designed for long-range combat. Has tracking issues at closer ranges.

Rail Gun: Uses energy to fire a round at an extremely high velocity for long-range combat. Has a brief charge time before firing.

Physical Blade: Dense metal made into a blade with extreme impact force and piercing power, but not cutting power.

Cannon: A heavy weapon based on the rifle. Has good power and rate of fire. Requires ready position.

Auto Cannon: Multiple chain guns on 1 unit. Requires ready position.

Sniper Cannon: A high powered cannon designed for engaging targets at extreme ranges. Requires ready position.

Rail Cannon: A larger version of the rail gun. More powerful but has a longer charge time. Requires ready position.

-Thermal Weapons

Laser Rifle: Thermal version of the rifle, but without the multiple firing modes. Capable of charged shots.

Plasma Rifle: Close to mid-range weapon with very high power but slower rate of fire. Has an area of effect on impact.

Pulse Gun: Thermal version of handgun.

Pulse Shotgun: Thermal version of shotgun.

Pulse Machine Gun: Based on the pulse gun, close-range weapon with a high rate of fire.

Laser Blade: A handheld blade that uses plasma to cut through almost anything. Blade designs come in both piercing and cutting designs.

Laser Cannon: The cannon version of the laser rifle. Requires ready position.

Plasma Cannon: Cannon version of plasma rifle. Has higher power and a wider area of effect. Requires ready position.

Pulse Machine Cannon: A much more powerful pulse machine gun. Requires ready position.

-Shoulder Units

Close-In Weapons System: Anti-missile Gatling gun.

Sub-computer: Assists with aiming and firing of weapons.

Rockets: No lock on but powerful.

Missiles: Come in a variety of models, home in on targets.

Energy Amplifier: Increase power of energy weapons while increasing usage drain.

Chapter 00-Prologue

Transcript of President Alfred Leonhardt’s Speech to the Ravens of the Allied Forces on July 3, 2019:

Well, as you guys know, I am not one for long speeches, so I will try to keep this short. Tomorrow will be the day when we will launch an offensive on both the People’s Republic of China led by Xi Jinping and the Russian Federation led by Vladimir Putin. We have spent many years working on what we now call Armored Cores, which you all have helped built to your own specifications. You all know your mission tomorrow and what you have to do. But first, we should look back at how all this shit started.

It all began on September 11, 2013. North Korea launched a full scale attack on South Korea, which led to the US and UN forces being called in. Within 5 days, we were at the advantage. That all changed on the September 20, 2013. As we feared, China stepped in, with a new weapon that we now call Muscle Tracers, or MTs. We were being pushed back and quickly lost our advantage. After this, it was clear that infantry wasn’t going to do much, which is why I called you guys to help us with our own battle mechs and help regain an advantage.

On that same day, Russia attacked Europe with their own MTs. Now, the US was the one that needed to provide assistance. The US had also been working on MTs and decided now it was the time to use them. Personally, I am sick thinking about how the politicians tried to delay them since it was a “secret weapon.” Complete bullshit if you ask me, but that is what you get with most politicians.

I still marvel at the technology involved in the MTs themselves. It started as a super tank, a bulkier tank with more weapons and some new technology that gave them a great advantage. They were however, slow. While they could take a hell of a beating, the engineers on all fronts wanted to increase their speed. They found a way to get actual legs to work and have decent armor and speed, even with the problems of high maintenance, distributing weight, balance when a leg was off the ground, reliable and quick joint movement, etc. I’m not much of an engineer, so I’m not the person to ask of you want more info on how they got these to work. Eventually, there were tank, quadruped, bipedal, and reverse joint types, with their own advantages and disadvantages.

Since all sides had MTs that are remarkably similar, the war came to a stalemate for a few years. There was an independent group known as Legions of War that created a mercenary organization in early 2014. These guys work for whoever the highest bidder is and they have presented themselves as an interesting variable in this war. Even with full-time mercs, the stalemate remains. For the mission tomorrow, we do have some of their members here.

On April 29, 2018, the first Armored Cores were used by the Russian Federation. The ACs were highly advanced and are now a major threat on the battlefield. These units took advantage of the multiple joints on arms to be able to track a target faster and in a variety of angles. New type weapons like laser weapons were capable of being used on these platforms. While these units may not be the fastest unit or have the longest range, they excel in being able to move rapidly around the battlefield at various altitudes and stop and turn whenever they want. Essentially, you have a platform capable of a large variety of weapons with lots of control over its movements, with only a 1 person crew.

On February 14, 2019, the Chinese first used Armored Cores and attacked Russia. Now, this gave us some time to finish ours. Their war has weakened them somewhat.

Tomorrow will be do or die. If we fail, we have lost the war. I know that you all are the best of the best and are ready to kick some ass. Some people ask me why I am not on the battlefield. I tell them that I am on the battlefield, the political battlefield. Remember those regulations with how you guys can conduct war? Fuck that shit. This is a goddamn war and you know how to fight it better than these fucking politicians who have never seen their own men fall next to them let alone combat. Do whatever the hell you need to in order to win this war and bring peace again. One of my favorite sayings is “Si vis pacem, para bellum.” This is Latin for “If you want peace, prepare for war.”

I have the political battlefield covered for you guys. You guys have the job of giving the enemy hell. Based on a lack of activity, I’m sure they know we’re coming.

Edited by Drac Wraith (HansVedic)