Man of Steel

Ataraxis

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superman movies don't usually turn out too well so I don't have high hopes.

THIS ALWAYS SOUNDS LIKE A SILLY STATEMENT TO ME. WHAT ARE YOU CALLING USUALLY? MORE OFTEN THAN NOT? GREATER THAN 50% OF SUPERMAN FILMS?

SUPERMAN WAS DOPE AND WELL-RECEIVED AND MADE LOTS OF MONEY, AND BASICALLY ALL SUPERHERO FILMS SINCE WERE DIRECTLY INFLUENCED BY IT

SUPERMAN 2 WAS DOPE AND WELL-RECEIVED AND MADE LOTS OF MONEY

SUPERMAN 3 WAS TRASH AND POORLY RECEIVED AND MADE LOTS OF MONEY

SUPERMAN 4 I'VE NEVER SEEN AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT EXISTED TIL A FEW MINUTES AGO DID TERRIBLE CRITICALLY AND COMMERCIALLY AND IM GLAD I'VE NEVER SEEN IT

SUPERMAN RETURNS WAS LAME BUT FAIRLY WELL-RECEIVED AND MADE LOTS OF MONEY

SO BASICALLY WHAT IM SAYING IS 3 OF 5 MOVIES WERE GOOD BY MOST MEASURES SO WHERE IS THE USUALLY?

ALSO THE NEW SUPERMAN LOOKS SUPERCOOL TO BE ON TOPIC

IF ITS NOT GOOD I'LL PROLLY CRY

SO BASICALLY WHAT IM SAYING IS 3 OF 5 MOVIES WERE GOOD BY MOST MEASURES SO WHERE IS THE USUALLY?

Man I think at best you could go 2.5/5 by your descriptions, but I'd be ignoring the dollar values.

Superman is pretty good and Superman 2 is okay. So I'm at like a 1.5 out of 5. Hasn't been halfway good since like 1980. Unless you want to count Bollywood then the track record becomes pretty stellar.

To be fair he's only had one shot at it in my lifetime.

Man I think at best you could go 2.5/5 by your descriptions, but I'd be ignoring the dollar values.

1/2 is still not "usually" that's "half the time"

I specifically mention critical performance along with money, not just what I thought of it. Here I'll go get you RT %s since that's all we got.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/search/?search=Superman&sitesearch=rt

that search result didn't include superman 4 which got shit rating here:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_iv_the_quest_for_peace/

3/5 got fresh rating

but anyways fuck all that Man of Steel looks cool so far

1/2 is still not "usually" that's "half the time"

Right but the "usually" part was my opinion, and I put it at 1.5/5. One thing to the other man.

Clearly I'm interested in this though since I made the topic. And hey I liked Watchmen and 300 even though they had some pretty obvious knocks so there's that too. Actually, I like 300 a lot, but that's probably not because of Snyder's work on it, haha.

This is my most looked-forward to movie, and I pray to god it doesn't suck. Sadly with every new trailer and special coverage of it coming out it looks more and more like it might not be so good.

Hans Zimmer is composing its soundtrack, that's dope as fuck. I'd let him sodomize me.

Yeah I don't think they could do in movies what they did in New 52 by having Darkseid in the first fucking comic, hahaha. Well, not physically but they set him up as first big bad. You have to lead up to that in movies if you're planning to have sequels. Look at all the Avengers stuff.

Are you joking? Pretty much all superhero movies reigh tnow are action sequecnes borken up by dialoge.

captain america: assassin, rescue, 80 rescues, red skull, carplane, plane, escape

avengers: iron man v thor v cap, hulk v everything, loki v thor, iron man v aliens, hawkeye v hahahahahhahaha

uhhhh thor: thor v yetis, thor v robot, thro v swat

i'm drnk