Man of Steel

Ataraxis

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they destroy like trillions of dollars of property and I enjoyed the acting and I liked the changes they made in the superman story so I dug it.

my two big problems were the pallete of the film (too dark and dull, go bright guys its okay) and some of the camera work (they spammed the hand-held)

I'll be straight with you if you're one of those faggots who bases everything off of what critics have to say you'll hate it cuz it did bad on RT (like 57%)

thing is if u read the reviews you can see how dumb the reasoning was, if you read reviews by the majority of comics fans and superman fans they're positive

aside from some faggoty purists cuz *spoilers go watch it and we can talk about this*

the cinemascore for the film was a A- tho so basically that means regular people like it a lot but critics didn't.

im a snob but i also don't put much stock in RT and the vast majority of critics so yeah. I liked it alot.

basically if you're a fag you prolly wont like it otherwise you will

consider that my review lol

if you're moderately aware of my tastes and what not you can prolly extrapolate a bit into whether or not its ur kind of film

Yeah I'm sorta inclined to agree on IM3. I liked watching it (I also liked watching IM2) but I think it's mainly just me giving a pass to iron man suits and Robert Downey Jr. I remember thinking there was all sorts of stuff that I didn't like about it. I downright hated the last few scenes.

I went to RottenTomatoes for the first time and I'm never going back. In fact, I'm never going to bother looking for or hearing an opinion about a movie from a critic ever again. It's terrible that the critics write movie reviews like they don't enjoy movies anymore.

I've read things like too loud, too many wallops, too dark, not enough romance, not enough humor.

For reals, it's a superhero movie and it's about Superman's beginning. This movie tells a very compelling story and yet all of the things this movie does well is all looked upon as a bad thing. I don't get it.

Fuck movie critics and their perfectly logical movie sense.

Edited by Rachis

Fuck movie critics and their perfectly logical movie sense.

it's tough cuz critics are people, just like everyone else, meaning they have tendencies and tastes. So like, usually, with a reviewer you need to know a little about the person to get a grasp of what they're saying means in relation to you. The problem with stuff like RT (and the vast majority of ratings databases online) is that the numerical values mean different things to different people. Hell, sometimes the rating a person uses changes its value from movie to movie. It's just a big problem with trying to make data too "easy to read" thus losing its original meaning.

I mean, grading films is like grading art, it's so wildly subjective that you can only be objective on technical aspects of it (and only sort of).

So basically yeah I'm saying fuck RT and any other critic, unless of course they are someone you happen to trust as a critic. Ebert was someone I trusted (RIP Ebert).

I feel you on that Mike.

Sometimes, I'm just wondering if the critics and myself even watched the same film. And then I have to remind myself that I went in with no expectations aside from just hoping that I enjoy what I see and hear. The stories don't usually matter to me because I can get more of a story out of a video game or a book.

Yeah man, sometimes it really does seem like you just saw/heard something totally different. I especially hate when they get stuff factually wrong and that ends up influencing their view negatively. Do some research you goon, you're job is to critique so do your fucking job!

Yeah fo realsies.

Also, about the not enough romance comment I saw. If that critic couldn't tell that Clark and Lois really cared about each other with their lone kiss then that guy needs to go shoot himself and see if he feels that. Just saying.

Edited by Rachis