EN Supply: 1529 (1892)

Max Boost Speed: 373 (393)

Turning Speed: 1409 (1416)

Stability: 10146 (10154)

Cooling: 15678/18052

Def Shell/Energy: 1971/1795

--------------------------------------------------

Description:

My staple AC, a heavy quad known as Abysswalker. The LGL didn't work out, so I have decided to try the GERYON3 as my only cannon for dealing massive damage. The R2 was chosen over PIXIE3 for effective range and not needing all that ammo.

Tactics:

Being a quad, it has a cannon, being the GERYON3. The missiles are used first and then dropped, so that I can gain all the energy I can to make sure I can fire the GERYON3 as well as a decent speed jump. I don't drop the GERYON3 until it runs out of ammo. Getting at least 1 hit with the GERYON3 is critical, since my other weapons probably aren't gonna do much if my opponent has AP lead.

Known Issues:

Energy is a little low, but manageable enough for my purposes. If the GERYON3 doesn't hit, I've probably lost.

PvP Information:

None with this revision.

--------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Solid AC. I like it. As always, I want to make it even better.

Edited by Drac Wraith

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about DPS as a direct mechanic, you need effective damage, which requires accuracy and keeps you in advantageous positions. The LGL isn't a bad weapon, even on a quad. It's just you have to be grounded to use it, and that can be troublesome.

You could do LGL+GL, you'd have a cannon for solid whacks, and the LGL as more of a high-ammo base weapon that can be used a lot like a right-hand linear rifle that just has to be grounded to use. But that might not be the best option.

I mean, you're prolly just going to play against bots, so it's a toss on the pvp mechanics most of us old farts are accustomed to.

im against just bots, but i want to know what works well in PVP that isnt cheap like those M2 arm gatling guns (i will avoid those and use other things, those are also a bit heavy for my taste)... also, how well do Nexus designs transfer over to LR? i know they should be just fine, and some weapons got modified (stares at WYRM sniper rifles). and how much does LR energy enhancement help builds? do higher drain builds that dont work well in Nexus work well in LR?

The M2's are only cheap on bots fast enough to catch shit, on a quad they'll be rather silly because anybody with a brain will stay away from you. Which is why they work so well against bots.

NX->LR is a totally different thing, but most things transfer.

NX had probably the most accurate weapons (in terms of what you can actually dodge/avoid) in the PS2 era. NX also had some of the most demanding energy and heat mechanics IMO, some may disagree on the energy but heat's pretty much mainline to NX metagame.

Higher drain or lower drain really depends on the bot, how it needs to be played, etc.. etc.. The energy needs also stem from the style of gameplay. LR is almost all about position, so that you can land shots but the enemy can't. NB is similar in the same respect, albeit not as heavy on back-peddle (usually). In NX you can actually snipe with sniper rifles, like pull off long-range shots that hit, in LR if you equip the RS (really good right-hand sniper), you won't hit things at the further half of it's potential range unless they're still 9/10 times.

So like Wyrm is ok, but RS is king even in NX; but snipers in NX will not carry over to NB and definitely not to LR in the same fashion. That's not to say they aren't good, the RS is one of the best weapons in LR, no doubt. But it works differently in NX.

thanks for the info. what skills would i need to learn to go from bot fighting to PvP (might do the monthly KAI thing)? i think im going to get rid of the linear gun, the PIXIE2 out damages it anyway, that and even against bots the accuracy is somewhat lacking (though the stun is nice, but still). big GL looks fun, but some others look nice. i have tried rail guns and im not the biggest fan of using them, but maybe i use them wrong or something. the more i think about it, the more appealing EO cores get.

watched some of LCC's fights. well, it certaintly aint a in-your-face slug fest. i think i will build my mechs more PvP oriented, and now i really want KAI. i have a fat PS2 and no adapter, so how should i go about getting online and playing? should i just get a PS2 slim or an adaptor for my current PS2?

now to go practice on Merc and his AC Wily Tank... i hate that annoying thing. it doesnt even have back cannons unless you count the orbit cannon. i can deal with him, but he is a good AC to fight.

Edited by Drac Wraith

having trouble finding the topic. now i am experimenting with this weapon setup, which works really well on larger maps with cover (like military district, i love that map):

Dual RS sniper rifles (the 40 shot one on right, 30 shot on left) with a handgun on left hangar (thinking of scrapping it, like ill run out of the 30 shot sniper rifle in a 1v1), big GL, and a Ladon with more power optional part (does consistent 500 damage).

i have less armor due to a core change (running genobee's core, so i could have more option slots and i needed the weight), and i run a G91 gen still with GULL so heat is more of an issue. i have a VOLUTE2 FCS, works but a little lacking. any suggestions? if my target isnt easily hit with the GL, i purge it. if i charge, i purge the rail gun (since it takes forever to charge with my setup). i think i want to change the left arm sniper rifle to something else, so now its time to experiment, but that sniper rifle is nice while im waiting for my GL or rail gun to reload.

Network adapter for your fat PS2 will run you $10 or so, but I'd wait for confirmation we can still play on kai. Second the notion of getting LR if you don't have it already.

As for your changes, my thoughts are dual snipers and GL is more than enough firepower. I'd either swap GL for GLL or ditch the rail gun. If you want to keep the railgun then maybe switch out left sniper for the hp handgun (is that in nexus?) or any wide and shallow lock weapon to buff your lockbox slightly. Mind you I haven't built your bot and I'm just getting my head back into AC, so take that with a grain of salt.

design updated. i still need to get LR, so if any of you could test this AC on LR that would be nice (please be sure to tell me what changes I should make when I get LR).

i switched some parts so now I have a nice and large lock box. Im keeping the rail gun for an almost sure hit on targets, that and since it does around 500 damage and I have 20 shots, the rail gun can do around 10000 damage if all my shots hit.

i dont live anywhere near cali, so no luck there. i did find the topic, but it looks like you wont be doing anymore. i want my AC tested by someone in PvP if possible since i dont have LR or KAI now.