Abysswalker

Queen Drac Wraith

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Handguns are generally pretty strong in the NX-LR era. Lightweight and good stats. The bot seems fine for the most part. It's NX, though. You'd have to test it vs someone to see how much your playstyle OHs you mostly, then make adjustments from there. Not very many people play NX in PvP, though I'd be willing to if you get it working on Kai sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little slow for its ap and defense. I think a good minimum number to stay defensive when you have at least one ws lock is 370 or so kph.

Dropping head to eye3 and arms to fg/fl can help. Or you could go the opposite route and drop core down to 99ul and up the arms to macaque.

Edited by The OB Express

It's a little slow for its ap and defense. I think a good minimum number to stay defensive when you have at least one ws lock is 370 or so kph.

Dropping head to eye3 and arms to fg/fl can help. Or you could go the opposite route and drop core down to 99ul and up the arms to macaque.

thanks for the suggestions. personally, i think i just need to try it out in PvP to see if im ok with the speed, since i presonally dont place a ton of value on it (its good to have for sure, but im not gonna go crazy on getting very once of speed i can unless i feel i need to).

eye3 is a good choice but if you like drone that's cool too

why'd u take rm3 off?

idk if the speed is an issue I mean for how you play it. idk if you dont need to go very fast, the big thing is mainly just understanding when its not worth it to carry the back weapons any longer (ie if they're too fast toss the cannon early and let the rs+hp carry you to victory).

Edited by YUNG ADULT CONTEMPORARY

It's still the best head in lr too, although s2 with radar for stability, queen and drone for ap and a slew of other heads are usable as well.

Eye, 85SR, Sting, S4, Longhorn, Eye4, Drone, Eye3, Queen, S2 are all good and usable.

Yeah, if i see a low AP number on my opponent, ill fire 1 shot and get a glance at them to see if they are something i can hit with the GL. if they are fast, GL goes poof. as far as the RM3 goes, i find verts more useful, especially since i found myself using those missiles like the RS. and verts+rm3 is a bit too heavy for my taste.

and i love Mirage heads, i personally havent found a reason to not use Drone (ill probably change only if it starts to break on me) over the others, but of course it is based on what we value on our builds.

Spam RM3 at the start then and drop it.

i could do that, but its not the way i play this quad, and i personally dont want a spam drop weapon when i have a big GL to carry with me (GL is my main weapon and i want to know ASAP if i need to drop it). im sure the RM3 will be nice, but id rather be pegging you with the GL (or dropping it if ur really fast) instead of trying to hit you with missiles.

EDIT: i believe that the RM3+single lock missiles weight about the same as the verts with no extensions. well, i still prefer verts for this AC personally.

Edited by Drac Wraith

It's still the best head in lr too, although s2 with radar for stability, queen and drone for ap and a slew of other heads are usable as well.

Eye, 85SR, Sting, S4, Longhorn, Eye4, Drone, Eye3, Queen, S2 are all good and usable.

yeah especially on quads

you were using rm3 when we played iirc, I'm surprised you decided not to keep them on, but if you're more comfortable without them then fuck it. That's what it comes down to in the end: comfort level

Even having an RM1 to spam and drop is better than nothing I feel, unless you sorely need that extra 10kph when the match first starts.

I like the idea of dropping either the verts or gl at the start if you feel you're getting pressured too much.

Drone also happens to be the head that shatters ECM in the game. It has like 400 vs ECM on its own, which is a bit bonkers. You're basically guaranteed to break 800 ECM resist if you use Drone plus the Kangi optional. Severely dampens all the ECM parts in the game except for Hoshi, the 4 shot super ECM that EJ was using in that recent fight with TM.

Yeah but Hoshi sucks from what I remember.

I don't know about LR, but in NX, ECM stacked.

Syamana was the best one in NX, that's why ARX would use it. He could keep ~1800 ECM up for 3 minutes total while gull/kujaku/linden/jiren rushing w/ 89E/Pix3/S2.

Hoshi isn't bad at all. It's pretty heavy, but it's an instant pressure killer. Like +1200 ECM level to the map in one hit. It's not good at duration ECM though, no. That's where stuff like Bikuni and Syamana come in. Syamana is a big problem in LR too, yes. It's very light and low drain.

All ECM is stackable, yeah. Some are bad at stacking and some are better. 800 vs ECM cooks a lot of them though and is very easy to get with something like Drone. Just another reason Drone isn't a bad head at all. You don't have to dump tunes or anything. LCC and I talked about it a good bit a while back.

LR and NX are also pretty different games in some ways. In LR the ECM stacking isn't really an issue in the sense of you getting rushed down by something super aggressive. In LR you don't really want to have more than 2 ECM pods out at a time. The game is inherently way more defensive, so you're better served by using something like Syamana conservatively and defensively over the whole match rather than in a burst. It's easy for someone with a fast tier bot to just dodge your shit for 2-3 minutes in LR if they feel like it, even if you ECM stack like mad. Then you have to fight them relatively legit but with a deadweight inside part for the next 4-5min, which hurts a lot in LR. ECM's value in LR is really the constant lock-on breaking it causes over the course of an entire match, if you can stretch it out far enough. It exacerbates the game's inherent bias towards chipping and running a lot.

What I'm saying is that it's better to not dump 1500-2000 ECM onto the field for a short time in LR over dumping 500-1000 on the field over a long time. Syamana is really good at both tho, so it's still really fkn good. Drone just happens to be good at handling the 500-1000 range very well.

Anyway, I don't wanna turn this into an ECM topic. I was just mentioning that Drone has more good traits to it. It's a really nice head, tbh.