Exogen's movie reviews lol

exogen

I am a big cinima buff. I go to the movies alot. Rather than make a thread for so many new movies i'm just going to make one where I talk about whatever movies I just saw and get the take of anyone who saw them as well.

I just saw After Earth last night.

I heard this got bad reviews, but the criticism's I heard were stupid. People said that will smith wasn't in the movie enough. Apparently, they were "lead" to believe that Will Smith would play an action roll, as opposed to his son. I think this criticism overlooks how good of a story it was. If these were no name actors what would become of that criticism?

But that isn't the only ground on which the movie was attacked. read this.

http://www.zdnet.com/the-real-story-in-the-nsa-scandal-is-the-collapse-of-journalism-7000016570/

One of the things said in that brief article was:

"The effects are second-hand stuff from Alien and Star Trek, spliced with Shyamalan's regular homilies on Personal Growth. "Fear is a choice," asserts Big Chief Smith. Well, actually it's an instinct, but let's not get into that or we'd be here all day – approximately as long as this movie seems to last."

First off, the special effects weren't that bad. This criticism of fear being an instinct is the dumbest thing ever, because that point was actually made that it primarily an instinct, but what they meant in the movie was that when you become aware of that instinct the truth becomes that you HAVE a choice to follow it or not, hence it's a choice. No need for long winded explanations to clarify that.

The criticism I had was this. Warning spoiler in the next sentence. There is a part where Kitai (Jaden Smith's character) is saved from a frozen tempature by a creature (I wont say which one) which was a bit far fetched to me, but it is possible for some bizzard reason and stranger things have happened. The unlikeliness and unecessary nature of that seen make me think it is was kind of dumb to put that in the movie, but it wasn't deal breaking.

Also, some of the biological anomolies in the film made me wonder. Earth seemed very alien in many regards. But the explanation for this was only hinted at so speculation can abound. There wasn't any logical inconcistency exactly so I can't fault it so much, but it might be a point where people will say it was unbelievable. IF though we suspend judgement and for lack of an explanation, it was fine.

Overall I think the story was good, and I wouldn't give it a 10 out of 10 but it was damn good nonetheless.

Oh, I don't know how to use that fetature, let alone that it existed.

I saw Oblivion as well. It was entertaining. Nice twist at the end.

The only criticism I had for Oblivion was how he had memory if he is a clone. They always do that in movies where they give the clone memories of it's first incarnation. Genetics doesn't perserve individual memory, so the story makes no sense on that ground. But who knows, maybe somehow the Tet put those memories in all it's clones of Tom Cruise in order to give him that false history and make him part of a more "effective team." The Tet could have not known enough about human culture so it just replicated one man's viewpoint.

Overall not bad.

Another movie I saw was Now You See Me. This one was a cool concept and very entertaining. I really can't shoot this one down in any way, except maybe at the end it's a bit of a mystery but that is also a cool thing as well.

This movie flopped big time as well. On its opening weekend it only made like 26m, second after Now You See Me. With the budget of the movie and the amount of their advertising, I think they were shooting for more like 50m plus.

Well yeah it flopped, but the reasons people sometimes dislike movies are foolish.

Like some movies genuinely suck for very good reasons like Alien Vs. Preditor: reqeium. That was the dumbest most insulting movie to the series ever.

TM,

I didn't see those bamboo sticks or talking about? Or do you mean the part that they held? I don't think those where bamboo, but just for decoration. I doubt they would be using bammboo, but just as we have "wood grain" dahses on cars that aren't real wood, maybe the Will smith's cutlas had "bamboo trim" or some shit like that. Decorative purposes.

That Cutlas looked like some nano blade shit.

Ok,

a some poeple I know told me the same shit.

But were talking about if you liked a movie or not. Really its just conversational, assuming people are honest and rational. Some of the criticisms of the movie are just str8 up rediculous, where as others aren't. I liked it and gave some reasons.