Fanfic Postings

Endymion Hawk

Simple question, really, but I was wondering where the young (or old) enterprising fanfic writer might display thier magnum opus for all to see? do we put it in the literature section, or is there a dedicated FF forum to post them in? I don't see it now, in which case if it does not exist, WILL it?

Thanks for hearing me out, and Toodles!

I generally recommend the ACU Blog for posting your FanFics, Novels, and Short Stories.

You can assign editors, create private editing/writing groups, and upload your stories there with relative ease. You can also feed the story out to any number of sites with little to no work, which can net you a ton of views from outside sources and provide a larger reader-base for you. You can customize your blogs to show you current readers, people who visited it last, as well as other small things.

Another neat feature of the blog is the ability to assign Categories to your articles. I believe the limit is three categories. That means you could write three different stories and give them their own section, each, as well as maintain an un-categorized section for random updates and whatnot else. You can then upload each chapter as a blog post under that category. This gives you great organization. It also gives you the ability to have people comment on each chapter, as well as the ability to rate each chapter.

Overall, it's a much better place to post your stories. You are free to make a separate discussion topic in the Literature section for discussing your story, though.

• 11 months later...
You can do what Terminator98 does, just re-date the blog entries and it should re-organize them in that order. Also, I recommend creating a discussion topic with links to each chapter in the first post in the Literature section of the forum. It's more likely to draw notice that way.