The Ravens' Voice - Armored Core Podcast

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool

im wild exhausted ive been working on the new floor last two days im gonna listen to this after i shower since i can't watch tv or even sit in my living room right now lol

ya sounds like tanks were underrepresented in the midwest cuz in ac3 and sl they're wild strong

there were lots of them including high ranking ones for moc3 and 4

in ac3 they were lowkey the best thing in the game lol

Edited by BISHOP MUSHROOM TIP

i'm going off what they said on the podcast

tearsin said they were terrible, zealous said that's prolly not true for ac3 and sl just that they never got explored heavily, tearsin said that's not true they're just bad

im saying zealous is right

also they were speaking for the tournament scene at large, and noted one exception (harlequin)

they mighta just forgot to mention that you were a big time tank player

JamesLee was a bigger tank dude than anyone, and Baker in SL was tank kid supreme.

I rocked tanks in SL, Tearsin just remembers my Meat Shield cuz it annoyed him to no end, cuz he ran not-tank bots and I could just eat all his damage and laugh at him.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I thought you had a bipedal meatshield too...on MHX-VOLAR with ext. sides? Maybe they were Crest legs, I don't recall.

In any case, the audio version for the part 3 of the LAN discussion has been posted. I also wanted to note that it turns out the next episode (in 2 weeks) will be our final podcast for TRV.

As we've said in previous shows before this one (anniversary episode and more), we've been looking to expand topics while maintaining the TRV name. About 45 min. ago though, Tearsin called to let me know that he's done with TRV. Subsequently, that also means that I'm done as well; this is a joint project, and we've decided to move on. With that in mind, our the next episode will focus on closing things out. We will also be updating the episode archive on our site to reflect the same content the youtube page has. Thanks to those that listened and peace.

Edited by Zealous

^ I thought you had a bipedal meatshield too...on MHX-VOLAR with ext. sides? Maybe they were Crest legs, I don't recall.

In any case, the audio version for the part 3 of the LAN discussion has been posted. I also wanted to note that it turns out the next episode (in 2 weeks) will be our final podcast for TRV.

As we've said in previous shows before this one (anniversary episode and more), we've been looking to expand topics while maintaining the TRV name. About 45 min. ago though, Tearsin called to let me know that he's done with TRV. Subsequently, that also means that I'm done as well; this is a joint project, and we've decided to move on. With that in mind, our the next episode will focus on closing things out. We will also be updating the episode archive on our site to reflect the same content the youtube page has. Thanks to those that listened and peace.

rip in piece

pd's podcast was entertaining, s/o to him, so thanks for putting yourselves out there or whatever

• 4 weeks later...

About ACU being harsh to newcomers, especially ACVD era newcomers.

It is only halfly true. We welcome all people, but we will quickly beat down on you if you present yourself and act like a total moron. There have been a couple of new era VD people I can think of that even came from ACL that have come to fit quite well into the ACU community. All the rest either decided to leave on their own or were well beat-down by us 'thugs' because they acted like retards.

This was the closest I heard to a "community" episode. It actually would've been another good one to have guests on, though I understand you guys were closing it out.

What TM was responding to (in case someone didn't listen):

ACU, which I like, ACU is a hostile entity. It just is. Especially to current gen, y'know, they are. That's like, y'know, asking a thug for directions and then being upset because they smacked the shit outta you and took your money. [Zealous laughing] That's what you get!

Tearsin: ACU likes ACU the way it is. I'm not ripping on it. It's just, they'll openly tell you they don't want new people there, they certainly don't want people y'know fans of the current gen...

Zealous: There's definitely a hostility against new gen, hands down, obviously, they make that known. If you're new to the scene, you can still - there's still a spot. Especially if you're looking into some of the old school games and stuff like that, you won't be booted.

Tearsin: I've seen otherwise.

Zealous: Fair enough.

I want new people here. A good number of us do, and we've never said otherwise. No getting beyond the abrasiveness though. We bag on each other, and if you can get into that, we'll probably have some great moments together.

#THICKSKIN

Yeah basically. Most of us here are not into new-gen AC and don't want to talk about it but that doesn't mean we don't want new-gen players here. They can come and talk to other new-gen people about AC all they want. If they want to talk about other stuff then that's cool too.

The only people here who are openly hostile to newcomers are LS and sometimes raor. They're retards though. Everyone else usually gives newbies the benefit of a doubt.