Pacific Rim

Aokiryu89

I saw a trailer for this that was like 15 seconds long and looked corny as hell but then I saw a legit one and got hype as fuck.

HIDEO_KOJIMA@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN

Dear twitter friends, The followings are my comment regarding "Pacific Rim". Luckily I was allowed to tweet in public by WB.

I have never imagined that I would be fortunate enough to see a film like this in my life

The emotional rush I had inside me was the same kind I had when I felt the outer space via "2001: A Space Odyssey" and....

and when I had touched the dinosaur in "Jurassic Park". Animation and special effects movies and shows that I loved in my childhood days

they all truly exist in the screen. Director Guillermo del Toro offers this spectacular vision of massive kaijus and robots in PACIFIC RIM.

This film is not simply a film to be respected, but most importantly, it let us dream the future of entertainment movies.

Pacific Rim is the ultimate otaku film that all of us had always been waiting for. Who are you, if you are Japanese and won't watch this?

I hope you would accept this inspirational love letter that had traveled across the Pacific, written by Director Guillermo del Toro.

KANYE WEST

@kanyewest

I saw a pre-screening of Pacific Rim yesterday and it's easily one of my favorite movies of all time.

This is not another "Robot" movie. Guillermo del Toro is a master.

They say if you're going for story: avoid it.

but if you're going to be a kid again and watch giant robots beat the piss out of kaiju monsters. Go fucking see it.

With that, I'm going to fucking see it.

idk if it's good bro but I'll tell you what I think after I see it hopefully Saturday

the metal gear solid guy's rant about how good it was on twitter was hilarious to me but somehow got me kinda hyped to see it more

the whatsitcalled was wild corny but idk I hate every gundam show ever except the corniest one (G Gundam) because its so blatantly hokey and embraces it

It's an entertaining movie, nothing more. It didn't quite tickle my fancy like Man of Steel.

A lot of the visuals and action sequences are great, it's just that there's so much going on-- often with a dark environment with overdone rain effects and very fast motion, that it's hard to take in everything that's going on the screen. Ironically I thought some of the better sequences were the slower sequences that allowed you to take in all the visual information and detail of the robots, monsters and surrounding sci-fi elements.

I didn't think any of the characters were particularly strong, and 3 of them (the girl and scientists) I found annoying, although there was a redeeming campy quality to the scientists.

The Jaeger hq had this bit of matrix-esque mix of low and high tech feel to me. They use all this fancy tech to create massive, complex robots and connect the pilots' brains together, but they're in a very industrial, rugged looking structure and the hallways where their tenements are remind me of rivet city in fallout3. Hell, even the scientist is using a pair of bellows ghetto-rigged to his machine that does the mind handshake thing.

The one thing I think this movie does have over superman is the 3d. It's noticeably stronger and more apparent.

If superman got an 8.5 from me I'd give this movie a 7.

Hideo Kojima is just doing what japs do best I think.

Edited by The OB Express

Is this that terrible movie where F-22's fly at sea level and only have 20 mm cannon instead of saving the world with a single bomb each that would have been much more effective than what happens in the movie? Edited by Exorcet

thats like every movie that has planes in it tho tbh

What annoys me about this though is that it wasn't just a random [bad] plane scene. They're supposed to be struggling to beat these things which drives them to build new technology. Instead it looks like they're sending 5 year olds in jets to fight monsters and then magically robots happen. It made the whole movie feel lazy. The trailer killed any interest I had, and to be honest I was kind of prepared to ignore most of the improbable things that I'm sure would come up in the movie. I had a little bit of interest.

Even for the average person, I'd think the plane thing would stand out. Why are fighters using guns instead of missiles or something?