AC:VD Game Rating, Review, and General Discussion

Harakiri Tiger

ACU Community Rating for Armored Core: Verdict Day  

11 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of one to five stars, what would you rate AC:VD? (Read Topic Before Voting)

• 5 Star (Incredible)
    • 4 Star (Good)
    • 3 Star (Average)
    • 2 Star (Bad)
    • 1 Star (Horrible)

This Rating and Review topic is focused on Armored Core: Verdict Day.

-------------------------

To help add a touch of personalization to the ACU Wiki articles covering each AC game, I have decided to add a section in their infoboxes that showcases what the ACU community feels about each game. This section is a rating of the games quality and approval by the ACU community and it is titled "ACU Rating". This rating is based off of a five point scale, ranging from one (a horrible game) to five (an incredible game). Only votes cast using the poll will be counted towards the Wiki's rating system. I will periodically check these topics and update the ACU Rating section for each game. The rating for a game will be the average of all of the votes cast for that game, rounded to the nearest integer.

The other important feature of this topic is to give us a source for the content that will go on each games main article page. This means everyone should write some form of review for whatever part of the game in question they feel like writing for. Even a few sentences giving your view on the games mechanics, story, or part balance can be highly helpful. We need as many viewpoints as possible to help insure the articles accurately reflect community views on the AC games. Also, this helps give us extra material to work with when filling in the main article pages for the AC games.

Of course, you're free to rate and review the games on whatever categories you can think of. If you can't think of anything, I have provided a list at the bottom of this post that can help you with picking things to rate the games on. There are quite a few categories to pick from. You do not have to rate the games using all of these categories, though.

You're free to be as biased as you like and discussion of the AC game in question is highly encouraged.

-------------------------

Rating & Review Category List

• Overall Game Difficulty - How hard was it to do everything you wanted to do in the game?
  • Default Controls - Did you like or dislike the default controls? Could you customize them?
  • Gameplay Mechanics - Did the way the game handled and the way things interacted in the game appeal to you?
  • New Features - Anything new to the series that you enjoyed or disliked in this game?
  • Bugs & Glitches - Were there any incredibly useful, useless, annoying, or funny bugs or glitches in the game?
  • Storyline Quality - Was the story coherent or entertaining? Were there any memorable moments?
  • Mission Quality - Were the missions fun, entertaining, repetitive, or just downright dull?
  • Arena (If Applicable) - How did the AI handle? Were the fights memorable?
  • Part Balance - Did you feel like the part balance was disappointing?
  • Part Diversity - Was there a satisfying variety of parts, regardless of or in regards to balance?
  • CG Art & Video - How do you feel about the games CG cutscenes and special movie scenes?
  • In-Game Graphics - Did you feel like the graphics and picture quality were sub-par or great?
  • Voice Acting - Were there any memorable voices in the game or voices that really fit their character well?
  • Sound Effects - How were the sound effects? Were they impressive or dull?
  • Background Music - Were there any tracks that played during the game you particularly enjoyed?
  • Multiplayer Mode - Was the multiplayer mode well-done or difficulty to utilize?
  • Other Stuff - Do you have anything else you want to mention about the game?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Overall Game Difficulty - How hard was it to do everything you wanted to do in the game?

Well, the game had a good area of difficulty. Boss fights were intense, battles were tough to win when the odds were against you, and if you didn't have the perfect build then you were in for a rough time.

-Default Controls - Did you like or dislike the default controls? Could you customize them?

I actually didn't need to customize the controls. I got used to them after a while, but I did enjoy that you could still customize them. It helped with minor details.

-Gameplay Mechanics - Did the way the game handled and the way things interacted in the game appeal to you?

Gameplay was very different from what I was used to, but I will say that I enjoyed myself. I liked the building jumping, the use of cover, the different weapon selections, the bitchin' over weapons, and the various AC parts, though not as varied as previous installments, were enough to satiate my needs.

-New Features - Anything new to the series that you enjoyed or disliked in this game?

The over weapons. Definitely. Best addition to the series since overboost.

-Bugs & Glitches - Were there any incredibly useful, useless, annoying, or funny bugs or glitches in the game?

Sound quality often suffered a bit, and online was bugged sometimes. I remember that giant mech that you fight in the city will sometimes float away without his legs and you're just fighting half a torso. Good stuff, but very annoying at times.

-Storyline Quality - Was the story coherent or entertaining? Were there any memorable moments?

Short, but sweet. The Chief ranks up there with NIneball and Leos Klein. Maybe it's just Wally Wingert''s voice acting, but he really puts my sides in stitches whenever he's killing someone.

-Mission Quality - Were the missions fun, entertaining, repetitive, or just downright dull?

They were ok. Too short in the end though. I liked the additional 80 missions on the side, but I wish they were closely tied to the main story, instead of being some weird convolution of 10 side stories. I still enjoyed them, but this needs work.

-Arena (If Applicable) - How did the AI handle? Were the fights memorable?

The Hive fights against those ACs with bees on their logos were ok, and I do remember that I did get to fight quite a few ACs. The easiest fight I remember would be those two tank ACs that you fight in the coastal marine facility. They fall so easily if you have an over weapon.

-Part Balance - Did you feel like the part balance was disappointing?

Other than the lack of CE extensive parts, I fet the game had a decent balance. Every build can be countered, and most builds are viable. None of them ever broke the game like the MWG-MG-800 or CROW.

-Part Diversity - Was there a satisfying variety of parts, regardless of or in regards to balance?

Part wise, I wasn't disappointed. Got alot of armor and generators and arm parts and boosters to choose from, so I can't complain there. However, the selection could've been better, and the weapons could've used some variety, particularly in the CE area. Would like to see improvement.

-CG Art & Video - How do you feel about the games CG cutscenes and special movie scenes?

I think most were rendered in-game, if I recall. The only exception was the CG intro. Did a good job of setting up the scenes. Once again the Chief stole the show anytime he came in. Leon and RD were okay, but boring. Thankfully the game "takes care of" that problem. Rosary and that other girl I couldn't care too much about. Overall, okay.

-In-Game Graphics - Did you feel like the graphics and picture quality were sub-par or great?

A little too gritty for my tastes. Also kinda dark. I would like to see more variety and colors in the next installment. But I will say that it was an improvement over AC4 which was nothing more than covering everything in super shiny tin foil and turning on every light they could.

-Voice Acting - Were there any memorable voices in the game or voices that really fit their character well?

Voices were pretty good. I can't find one that I didn't like. Would like to see more in VD.

-Sound Effects - How were the sound effects? Were they impressive or dull?

Any complaint I could have is nullified by how badass the grind blade sounds. 10/10 soundwork there.

-Background Music - Were there any tracks that played during the game you particularly enjoyed?

I loved the garage theme, as well as the overworld screen. The former soothes while the latter preps you mentally. Aside from that, the soundtracks were okay.

-Multiplayer Mode - Was the multiplayer mode well-done or difficulty to utilize?

Not that good unless you're in a clan. but thankfully free battle is left untouched, and that's what I wanted out of ACV. Conquest mode needs a workover to be better.

-Other Stuff - Do you have anything else you want to mention about the game?

It gets alot of hate, and I can understand since many valid points are brought up. The game feels like an experiment, so it's understandable that there would be failures here and there. Overall, however, I'd give it a 4. Not spectacular or perfect by any means, but it's what I wanted from an AC game. I personally feel that the positives outweigh the negatives just enough for me to truly enjoy the game.

I do still recognize its flaws and I would like them fixed in VD.

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing the guy must be new to this; no import. My head hurt the whole time. But at least we get a good idea of energy generation in this game, notice how quickly the capacitor fills despite the guy using junk parts.

Someone put my helmet back on before I smash my face against something.

Edited by ManintheArmor

I'm guessing the guy must be new to this; no import. My head hurt the whole time. But at least we get a good idea of energy generation in this game, notice how quickly the capacitor fills despite the guy using junk parts.

Someone put my helmet back on before I smash my face against something.

He looks like the kind of guy who stands still in FPSs. So, a CoD player.

Since even in Halo they teach you to strafe side-to-side.

Anyway. I said this in the chat last night, but I'm surprised about Evergreen's (?) popularity. I was going to join it, but now I'm reconsidering.

Are there going to be bosses like in ACV?

Oh yes, t re are new big baddies to fight, the weapon arms are a wide variety; Currently using the dual sold boxes wth CE and TE bac up and o-m-g I found my ACFA aggressive play style in ACVD!! This is what ACV should've been!! The gameplay is smoother, there are those weird lag spikes or building issues (mostly gone 99.9%) and the storyline, and gameplay intensity is much higher. ACVD is a saving grace :D

There is CG, but it's more realistic to the gameplay; I found myself dissapointed when I see a full CG opening and get lack luster visuals and bland color schemes. I disliked ACV a great deal; Verdict day, much better. Don't just take my word for it

P.S. God mode Glint as a boss battle.

He looks like the kind of guy who stands still in FPSs. So, a CoD player.

Since even in Halo they teach you to strafe side-to-side.

No sir CoD players indeed move forward. Whether or not they go other directions is questionable. Also, what bad people do in Halo is the same thing as what bad people do in just about every other shooter that you would find bad players on. So I'm not sure where you're going with the console fps bashing.

Been playing the game so far, and I'm blown away by it. I love the missions, the difficulty is awesome, the framerate actually looks presentable instead of chugging like Thomas the Tank engine on an alcoholic binge. FROM does it again!

Although the faction stuff takes some getting used to.

that last boss, shit nigga. I thought a certain earlier post was a joke.

Hell of a continuity nod. Always wondered what was with the contaminated areas in ACV. apparently it's kojima particle contamination.

Edited by Liarbird

So that means Armored Core V is a cannon continuation of 4/FA?

I wonder what that means for next gen AC. Maybe they'll just go right back into the set up for the first AC games, where we can go to space and blow up orbital cannons. Except this time with those PS4/Xbox One era power and maybe even PC power.

Time will tell.

So that means Armored Core V is a cannon continuation of 4/FA?

yeah, it is, considering that final fight, all of the Arms Fort wreckage.

Edit: And apparently one map is wreckage of the Cradles.

The Zinaida 2.0 fight was dope though.

Edited by Liarbird

already beat it: A hint, doing standard sorties where you do damage or hack, sometimes you'll have crates on the map. Blow open those crates and pick up the junk for free parts or more cash.

The final boss can be farmed for overed weapons to sell as well.