ACU Speedrun Records

Harakiri Tiger

• 2 weeks later...

Mega Man X4 - 100% X (56:16)

Some noteworthy things are that I messed up during the climb in Split Mushroom's stage, then did a poor execution of Cyber Peacock's stage entirely. I also hit the split for that boss late. I died to Double after hesitating to use an energy tank, then I missed a ledge later in Final Weapon for my second death. There's a lot of poor execution here and there that I really should've been better about, but that's all for now.

I'm still working on this, I want a run with no deaths.

Updated the topic with your X4 run and also with my two new MML runs.

Megaman Legends - Any% Easy Mode (58:52)

Totally unplanned routing and play. I just decided to do it. I have lots of room to gain time here really easy since I played somewhat badly and also dicked around a bit. I'll be sure to bump this time down a lot next time I play, though I'll be sure to try and keep my stylistic stuff like getting the helmet, upgrading splash mines, kicking the can, and getting 10hp/5subtankEN. In-game timer is 52:05.

Megaman Legends - Any% Normal Mode (1:19:12)

This run is my new personal best (PB), it is 14 seconds faster real time (RTA) than my last run but 11 seconds slower in-game time (IGT). It would have been minutes faster, but I messed up near the very, very end. That's what I get though for never actually practicing the ending after beating the Fokkerwolf pink flying Tron Bonne machine. Had I had another 1.6k zenny or so at Fokkerwolf I could have fully upgraded my Active Buster missile launcher for the Bruno fight and finished that significantly faster. I also lose a good bit of time on the sub-cities. This run easily had the potential to get sub-1:15:00 RTA, but I flopped. In-game timer is 1:11:55.

Someday soon I'll probably start doing hard mode runs, both Any% and 100% of MML. They will very likely both be segmented runs though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dat 56:10 arena time too.

I think I'll have to do a file recording at max quality then run it through avidemux with a good deinterlacer for approval by SDA. They probably wouldn't like the low bitrate and glitches on the twitch video.

That won't be a record I'll be trying to beat again, haha.

Your mission runthroughs looked pretty good! Only thing is you gotta beat both ACs in Abort Missile Launch to get 100%.

Edited by POSTER X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Late response, but there are definitely speedruns of Skyrim yeah. You can find them all over Twitch if you just type in Skyrim Speedrun and some should pop up. Most of those runners have switched over to doing Oblivion recently, but Skyrim is definitely runnable. I think the current WR time is somewhere just under an hour or something?

• 3 weeks later...