The TP booster and HW bipeds

Queen Drac Wraith

well, LR generally favors speed over defense and because of that u dont really see hw bipeds (S3 legs dont count). i know that the TP is banned not just because of speed but the acceleration. my question: is the TP still OP on a hw biped?

ive done a little testing with it, and i personally say yes and no. 1 particular hw i made can go like 470 after some drops, so light heavies with TP is a no go. however, on heavier hws i think that the acceleration may not be OP, but i need to test this in PvP before i can truely say. well, discuss.

Why don't S3 legs count? They're more heavyweight than the defacto FA legs, which are more mw. TP has as good a reason to be banned with heavy bipeds than it does with any other frame in the game. A lot of the best frame parts are on the heavier side-- Lemur, UA, S3, FA etc.

A conditional ban only allowing it on the really bad heavy parts is just complicated and not worth it. The ban-list already established years ago has been tried and true and tested many times over. It doesn't really need tweaking.

nah to put it plainly LR favors playing like a coward, partly cuz of it's mechanics and partly because half (or more) of winning a match generally comes down to your design

Truth is AC in general could be said to favor that

Just like real life, I guess

If you're that much better than everyone else or at least that much more clever you can get away with other shit, the vast majority weren't/aren't

TP is broken on everything

FA S3 are plenty of heavy legs

That banlist is old it really doesn't need to be revisited now tbh, but for the sake of argument we had months of evidence (tournaments, japanese gameplay/tournaments, FTs, casual experience/reports from ppl, etc.) that all demonstrated the same thing: TP is broken

I don't think there's anything to discuss tbh

k, just something i was looking at. as far as the S3, i guess they are really more pretend HW legs than MW legs (acts like HW a good bit, but lacks some of the things HW legs have). i do agree with the whole complicated process thing tho, and the more i think about it TP is broken no matter what u do. even on big heavy legs it still gets them up to speed plenty fast.

The game's already heavily geared towards defensive play and the weapons tiered towards accuracy, so there's a good reason for TP in general to not be allowed. The 'closer look at booster acceleration in lr' topic of mine really shows how much of a dominance TP has in the boost hop category I think, it nets an entire 50kph faster than the other power boosters in the game, while they're all within 5-10kph of each other.

I understand that you're trying to make the real heavy heavyweights be useful in last raven, but even with the most bulky of parts, they wouldn't play as heavyweights. It's because of the way defense works in last raven, the tiers all increase defense in a very linear way with super tiers spread throughout (1500,1750 and 2000). In previous games like SL-- where defense was less paper thin, the gain in defense per tier was parabolic, and not linear, which meant the more you gouge defense the more extreme the difference in bulkiness your AC will be compared to some other lw or mw.

tl;dr the TP max speed isnt the issue the accel is, it makes u impossible to hit rewarding cowardice to the max

TP is so fast you don't have to do any actual movement to make the FCS lose you

you can just go back and forth and the FCS will always miss its so great

at all ranges

most people strive to play like that hence playing scared and shit but if you're good enough you can break the stance, with TP you gotta be so much better that it's not reasonable so the number of useable guns drops wild dramatically

The thing about ban lists from the old days that everyone forgets now (understandable since that's fucking years ago) is they weren't designed to stop overpowered parts just cuz they were overpowered, they banned parts to make sure everyone had a chance to use what they wanted without being severely handicapped