Anybody watch Gurren Lagaan?

Xander95

Studio Gainax produces great work. I've only seen a few episodes of Gurren Lagaan, but I enjoyed it more than most other modern anime I've come across. It had some well done animation from what I saw. Edited by Nomrah

TTGL is great if you go into it with the idea that it's over over-the-top and you don't expect anything really deep out of it. I saw it like 4 or 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure what I would get out of it now, to be honest.

Kill la Kill is by some of the same people that did TTGL and it's airing now. It's only 3 episodes in and it's been so long since I watched TTGL that it's hard to compare the two. I feel like KLK is starting off at the level of over-the-top that TTGL reached a quarter of the way through the series. I'd finish TTGL before starting this. They're not related in plot or anything; I'm just saying you'll still be waiting on new episodes of KLK by the time you finish TTGL.

Oh I should mention that if you're watching TTGL on Netflix, last I checked they were missing a very crucial episode. So if you're on netflix, you're gonna have a bad time. Crunchyroll has all the episodes. Free with commercials.

• 3 years later...