Should I wait until AC6?

Now that the ps4 is out, I've been thinking about buying a ps3 and getting into armored core again.

I played the games from the ps2 era obssesively, especially Nexus; that was my favorite. I never got on xlink kai or went to a tournament, but I used to watch matches and read the Tips and Tricks articles (anyone remember those?).

How competitive is ac5? Is the community active? The team matches over territory look amazing. I seriously dreamed of this stuff when I was playing Nexus a lot. I'm reading a lot of negative opinions though. And the ps4 iteration probably isn't too far off.

Should I pick up where I left off (and buy ac4 too) or skip this generation and wait for ac6?

If you really can't wait, pick it up. ACVD only came a year after its prequel, but then again so did fA after 4. Then there was a four-year hiatus between fA and V....

But with AC being so popular in Japan there shouldn't be anything to worry about in terms of AC6. The question becomes whether or not this (teamwork-based gameplay) is what you really want, and if From wants to bring it back.

I wouldn't buy a PS3 just for this game though.

PS3 side on the weekends seems populated enough. It's much easier to find a team to join than make one yourself.

Should I pick up where I left off (and buy ac4 too) or skip this generation and wait for ac6?

hell no man. u should get a ps3 (there cheaper now) and pick up where u left off after last raven. AC4 and AC4A are both great games. as far as ACV and ACVD, i say go ahead and join a team. there are lots of people looking to recruit new pilots. good luck, raven.