Last Raven is hard, any tips? Playstyles? Builds?

sheep99

I forget, was RS on par with SHADE in LR?

nah, nothing was. Closest competitor is the rl and it loses out, too.

Top 5 is shade, rl, rs, bp, and mini-k. Altho 4 of those are arguable (I'd bet most ppl would have a variation of that 2-5, maybe a diff gun here and there). Shade rules LR, though.

As for BZs, 2 viable BZs in LR are better than ALL garbage, like in AC1-SL.

nah in MOA and SL I'm pretty dope with bazookas hahahaha, that's anecdotal evidence tho so fuck it

You want as much lockbox so you don't get bullied by lightweight rushers with high dps.

yeah this is a huge deal in LR, since turning is so important and there are a few ways to lay down a ton of damage really fast

yaka humiliated EJ at a tourney over and over again cuz of that lol

I think it was 3 perfects out of 4 rounds

What I am saying however, is that overall, when taken every Bazooka that's in the game, it's an overall weak weapon type. BP is hands down the best, and B2 and B3 are usable. I wouldn't even use those two either, because chances are if you can handle the ND lock of the 81G then you're better off with it. In fact the only time I think you should even use those two is if you're more comfortable with SP/WS lock compared to ND/WS lock (which can be a legitimate reason.)

Heavies-- or rather heavy frames-- can be very good in Last Raven. I do disagree with some of your design principles towards heavies though. One of the best arms in Last Raven is heavy (Lemur), you don't have to use lighter arms. We both agree on using UA and having next to no weight in back weapons. I don't agree with the BP on left being a good choice for a heavy. You want as much lockbox so you don't get bullied by lightweight rushers with high dps. Griffon is always good, yes; and using missiles with the Griffon for bigger lockbox is good too.

What kind of defense is your heavy running? I have a 'heavyweight' in Last Raven too, but it approaches in a more comical approach. It runs a light weapon setup with lots of ammo, but lacks punch. What it focuses on is gobs of defense (2400/1900).

I don't think the other bazookas are better than the BP in any circumstance. In fact I'd say BP is even better on ACs with mobility than on ACs without mobility. The 'heavyweight' of mine is actually fighting the lightweight BP AC that ended up being the strongest of the fantasy duel ACs me and LCC used. I think if you and LCC ever met again it'd be fun to have your heavyweight vs mine just for kicks, although I think mine isn't quite fast or high enough dps to really punish the slowness and small lockbox of yours.

Well overall BZs sucked throughout the series as a class, up to [edit]SL anyway in my opinion, mainly because they didn't lead targets. NX/NB/LR the BP and black one are suddenly very good because they track.

I like the bigger box of the black one over BIG in LR, it's similar to the BIG with a smaller bullet, less heat, less stun, bigger box and more ammo. The higher ammo and bigger box are more use in LR in my opinion - I prefer the black BZ to BIG. BIG needs a left HG for bigger box more, the BZ can often get away without it. In NX/NB they're pretty on par, six of one half a dozen depending on your preferences... (I like both equally in NX/NB)

The black BZ will win a slugfest damage race vs BP trading shots, but that's really the only significant advantage other than weight if you're squeezed. Not very likely to occur in LR either. Works a little better to pick hard hitting shots in limited attack windows, but BP's better accuracy typically more than makes up for that overall.

Let me rephrase a bit about the mobility - if you want to use the black BZ, it's easier on a more mobile AC, the black BZ is pretty hard to use on a heavy frame in LR. You can, but you'll have to work significantly harder than with BP for the same results, quite possibly less. If you're going for pure efficiency, it's better to fit BP on somehow, but the black BZ is easier to fit on more mobile ACs since it weighs a bit less. Plus it gets boring always using BP.

I don't remember about the arms, pretty sure the super heavy ones were nowhere worth the tradeoff for def in LR. If the LEMUR were the mid arms with heavy class def, I preferred to avoid (they looked stupid on heavies in my opinion, haha) those but they're definitely good.

BP on the left typically isn't great, although it could work if you use it similar to GRIFFON like I noted above, especially if you have SELENA backing it up. That requires being pretty careful with your energy if they come in with HGs or other heat stuff though. It's a bit wonky in general, you basically have to use the missile or decoy lock and delayed left firing and hold off your R gun if it makes the box too small - it can work but it's kind of clunky. It's still way better than stuff like L MGs or shotguns though, and probably most other L guns except the top notch stuff - but fitting it usually isn't worth the bother.

I don't remember the specs on the AC, you could put the frame together and get a basic idea.

Edited by Desert Fox

all this talk is making me want to start playing AC3 and LR. just gotta dig up my old PS2.

me too, but dunno sooner or later.

edit : PD, what I knew how B2 work was for kill an extra boss, yeah, alternated PULVERIZER. (must hit every-single-shot to make sure that it could kill by only one B2)

Edited by Taurus