How do PA and other stats work?

Desert Fox

Ok, so I've been playing around with FA more, and experimenting a little with quads and heavies.

I've noticed the big laser cannon seems pretty good, and I'm presuming it's because of it's high PA penetration. Beyond the regular good attack power, accurancy and bullet speed.

What does PA attenuation and rectification actually mean? Which is more important?

From what I can tell PA basically blunts damage as a buffer.

And is it just me or are cannons nearly useless vs fast ACs?

And does arm maneuverability more or less mean how good your arms are at acquiring locks fast, or in a bigger window?

Does arm firing stability matter much for non-MGs? Or at all?

I'm also feeling most missiles aren't very good except verts, hi-acts and nukes.

Treat arm maneuverability as your lockbox basically. The more mobile the arm the bigger your box.

The PA stats of frame parts determines the percentage that incoming fire will be reduced by your PA. The KP output on the generator determines the recharge of your KP bar.

better stability you set, better cannon firing you got. make it high is good.

good cannon (versus any type of NEXT) : all sniper cannons (better on 500-800 range), KAMAL (close range), YAMAGA, SAPLA, PHACT, ACRUX.

good missile (versus any type of NEXT) : OSAGE, WHEELING03, 061ANCM (always together with 061ANRM), DEARBORN02 and 03, MP-O601JC, MP-O901.

but that's also up to each regulation you use.

Original Source; Found thanks to Google cache. If there's a copy on ACU then fuck you.

--------------------

This is not complete, but it is extensive and can really help understand the mechanics of designing in the series.

Author: Solitaire

Contributor: XxCovertxX

WARNING: Massive Wall of Text

If I've learned one thing in the Armored Core world, not enough prospective designers understand all the terms they should to make a proper design, and this can cause a good deal of frustration. To help this, I will provide a brief explanation of key stats.

AP (frame stat) : Okay, this might be a little obvious, but it basically stands for Armor Points. Think hit points. When you reach 0 (or to be precise, below for those that remember the hilarious 0 AP glitch), you die. Simple, but it will help explain other stats later.

Defense (frame stat) : I'm a little surprised by how many people might confuse this with AP. I personally fall under the belief that Defense is more important than AP, because the higher your defense, the less damage you take from certain rounds. For example, if someone hits you with an Altair laser rifle at 300 range, he might do 2500 damage if you have 5000 EN defense, if you have 9000 EN defense, he might only do 1000 damage. Considering how fast Altair fires, that adds up fast. A high shell defense can shrug off rifle rounds easily, where an AC with low shell defense will get torn apart.

Stability (head/core/leg stat) : Don't confuse this with the arm part's firing stability, they are different. Firing stability affects how much arm weapon recoil affects accuracy, overall stability affects how much recoil and getting hit by high impact weapons (sniper cannons, shotguns, bazookas, grenades, and the like) stuns your AC itself. Remember how sometimes you get hit by something, and your AC doesn't move for a couple seconds? That's stun. The higher your stability, the less time you get stunned--if indeed you get stunned at all--by firing or getting hit by heavy weapons. More is better, especially if you use heavy weapons. If you don't, you get get away with lower stability, just be careful around those that use them.

EN Recovery (overall stat) : Overall stat meaning when you press Y/Triangle twice in the Assembly screen of the ACSIS, you'll only find it there. Now this number comes into play by taking the generator's EN Output and subtracting the AC's EN Drain from that number. This stat is often overlooked, but in my experience it is also one of the most important numbers, since it determines how fast you lose your EN bar and how fast you regain it. As such, it affects how much you can fly, quick boost, quick turn, overboost, and fire energy weapons. Trust me when I say a poor EN output on an EN demanding AC will almost certainly get you killed unless the skill difference is that big between you and your opponent.

EN Output (generator stat) : The starting EN you have to work with for your AC. If you get an EN Alert when building an AC (it's below weight capacity which is below the picture of your AC) you're going to have serious EN problems. If it's red, you won't be able to use the AC at all, and rightly so, though that's highly unlikely. This stat plays a critical role in your EN Recovery, as such, I feel it is usually more important than EN Cap. Maxing the EN Output tunes on your AC is a really easy way to get 3000-5000 more Output.

EN Capacity (generator stat) : Often called EN Cap, or just "Cap". This determines how big your EN bar is. Despite what I said about it being less important than EN Output, it's still very important if you have an AC using Energy weapons or high drain boosters.

KP Output (generator stat) : The question of KP Output vs PA Rectification and what each of them does has gone back and forth for a little while, but if I remember this right guys, we settled on KP Output being the recharge of the PA Gauge (Assault Armor shows us that), PA Rec being the strength of the PA (think AP), and PA Durability being like defense. KP Output might affect the overall strength of the PA as well though, because it's been noted that Assault Armor does more damage with a higher KP Bar and Output.

Assault Armor: Called "AA" here. Also known as "The PA Bomb" by us XBL folk. It's basically an omni directional close range attack that can reduce PA, blind an opponent, and do some damage if you're close enough. However, this all comes at a cost, your PA bar is disabled for a given period of time. In 1.2, that won't matter too much as the recharge period is short, and the damage immense. In 1.3, the cost might be too high because the PA recharge time is doubled, which is fine, but the assault armor damage is substantially lower, and it doesn't even guarantee disabling the opponent's PA when it damages the opponent. Use wisely either way, use very wisely in 1.3: it still has some uses.

Camera Functionality (head stat) : Ever wonder why you have a FCS that has a lockon range of 900, but you can only get a lock at 800 or closer? Or maybe you have the reverse, and find that even though you have that mere 750 lock on range, your getting your FCS to lock on at 1000? Why, do you ask? Camera Function. Camera Function is a stat that modifies your FCS's starting range. Heads with excellent camera function (550+) can greatly enchance lockon range. Heads with lower camera functions (less than 470) can reduce it. Heads with a middle of the road camera function (470-550) has little to no effect. Of course there is more of a gradient than that, but the idea is simple enough. Also note that you don't need the highest camera function out there. If you have weapons that work at 750 range or less and you have the Hogire FCS with a range of 900, the using the Aaliyah/H and it's meager camera function of 436 won't be so bad because the range cut will not seriously (if at all) cut into your effective range. Controversially, if you weapons best suited at 300 range, the 47AN02's camera function of 710 won't do you much good, albeit its other stats are still very very tempting and worth thinking about.

System Recovery (head stat) : With the nerfing of Assault Armor and the difficulty of landing flash rockets, I will say this stat is less important in 1.3 as it was in other regulations. However, smart AA users and good flash rocket players still lurk about, so this is far from a nothing stat. This stat is similar to stability inasmuch that, the higher your system recovery, the shorter amount of time you are blinded. In a tight battle, that split second or two can make all the difference. Higher is always better. Keep that in mind, since like camera function, this is exclusively a head stat.

Maneuverability (arm stat) : There were a couple theories for this stat a while back, but in the end I believe it was settled on that maneuverability affects how easily arm weapons track an opponent, and how quickly, especially in close range.

Aim Precision (arm stat) : This affects how accurate your arm weapons are, especially at longer ranges. Sniper rifle users, take note, this stat is for you.

Firing Stability (arm stat) : This statistic also affects accuracy, but in a different way. People that use high recoil weapons on certain arms might note their inaccuracy. Rifle and machine gun users may also notice their shots become less accurate over time. This is because of the Recoil stat in arm weapons, which make current and following shots less accurate over time. Firing in bursts is not always the most practical option, and for things like bazookas and grenade rifles, all that recoil comes at once. Therefore, the best way to counteract recoil is to have a high firing stability. The higher your firing stability, the less and slower recoil will affect arm weapons. Note that back weapons don't really get less accurate over time, one quirk that helps them, and firing stability does not affect these parts.

EN Weapon Skill (arm stat) : Also called EN Attack by some. The number under this part is the percent of damage EN weapons will do. For example, an Altair laser rifle on Tellus Arms with an EN Skill of 116 will do 116% of the laser rifle's original attack power of 3902. On the other hand, the 47AN03's EN Skill stat is merely 69, and so the laser only does 69% of it's original attack power. That' a big difference. It's a bigger difference over time. Note that blades also are affected by this stat. So yes, an AC with the EB-0600 on Tellus arms for example has the potential to match Moonlight in damage...if the Moonlight is on the 47AN03 arms for whatever reason. This stat is really important for any EN weapon users. Note that shell weapons and back EN weapons are not affected however.

Load (leg stat) : How much weight (not including the legs themselves) that your AC can carry. If you exceed this number, your AC will be overweight and much slower than normal.

Turning Speed (leg stat) : How fast your AC turns, drifts, and Quick Turns. The higher the better (usually, unless of course you want a shorter quick turn). QB Duration on side boosters also effect Quick turns, and I'm pretty sure QB duration affects how far you can "drift" with its respective booster.

Parallel Processing (FCS stat) : Okay there are a lot of stats to look at, but this is a fairly obscure one in the FCS parts. To make it brief, each weapon has a different Melee Ability stat. The greater the difference between the two guns being actively used, the greater the potential difficulty there is for tracking an AC. Parallel Processing helps to negate this. High Parallel Processing (also called Dual Processing) can allow an AC to smoothly work with two weapons with very different melee abilities. An FCS will low parallel processing might struggle with weapons having a melee ability difference of 50. This said, whether parallel processing will be important or not will be determined by the weapons you have on, and their respective melee abilities.

PA Rectification (frame stat) : How effective your PA is. That is, how much damage is reduced by PA. Matters most against things like rifles and other chipping weapons. Arguably less so with bazookas and nades, and does very little against lasers.

PA Durability (frame stat) : How much your PA is reduced after taking a hit. This works against PA attenuation as an AC's defense would against a weapon's attack power. Think of it that way and it'll make perfect sense.

Basic Terms

GOMAP - You don't hear this term very often anymore, but it stands for God Of Massive Armor Points. You're more likely to hear a longtime player (pre AC4) use this term. In AC4 or FA, it would basically mean an AC with 50,000 AP or more.

Fatass/Fatty Any heavyweight biped. Not sure where the term came from, older than I am in next gen I'm sure though.

Gremlin Lahire leg build, usually has more than one Lahire part. Fast AC that gets its name from the odd squat of the Lahire legs. Common on bladers, many use add boosters. Some gunners use them, but this is rarer due to the higher impact of the frame's drain.

Swimming/Swimmer An AC that uses two blades and swings them constantly left/right/left/right to move around. Often despised since lag makes this simple and otherwise suicidal tactic (as it was in AC4 due to predictability) rather viable since it can cause shot lag and increased warping.

LW-Lightweight

MW-Midweight

HW-Heavyweight

RJ-Reverse Joint

CQ/CQC-Close Quarters/Close Quarters Combat

Rusher-Close Range AC

Backpedaler-AC or player that boosts backwards constantly, often a sniper mech, though mid range mechs may double up as a backpedaler if fighting CQ ACs.

Lightweight

Legs

LAHIRE legs, are kind of king here. decent enough stability, stupidly high PA, good nuff defense, and being the third fastest leg put it at the top of the lightweight food chain. usefull for especially pesky lightweight, cqc, and the best little blading legs thanks to the fact they use the midweight slash.

JUDITH legs are my favorite, thanks to having a good bit of PA, good ballistic, and EN defense, stability, just an all round lightweight leg. only drawback is the mildly annoying drain, which isnt even that high considering other lightweight parts.

LATONA legs hold more than white glint and have stipidly low EN cost and defense. they also, unfortunately, have bad ballistic defense and mose very slowly. usefull for EN weps or defense, use somehing else otherwise.

SOBRERO is the epitamy of little pesky lightness. super low everything. low defense, low AP, low PA, low weight, low drain. lowest drain and lowest weight actually. lowest stability too. best light legs for drainy mechs, cant handle any kind of recoil, rifles, slug guns, missles, blades, theyl work, bet even a little shotgun will tear these up recoil wise.

LINSTANT legs are the hardest to use, and the most specialized. tehy have crazy PA and EN defense, at the cost of about everything else except weight. good for PA intensive builds or an Assault cannon(dont laugh, killed everyone from Ironsoul to various rankers((good ones)) to other people most of you probably dont know but are good). overall the generally worst light legs, but much better in certain situatiions.

SOLUH legs are the go to light parts for any form of stability. they have very good stability for the wiehgt class, and have good ballistic defense to boot. not very fast, but they have enough defense and load to make up for it. definitely have uses, but like the lintant they can be outshadowed by other legs much of the time. Unfortunately, white glint legs can carry more while going just as fast if not faster, and they have more defense and load, along with stability. SOLUH has its place among lights tho, i just cant really throw out many because this isnt really my area of focus.

ARMS

LAHIRE arms are some of the best arms for tracking in the game, and they can aim slightly behind you up or down, they are just all round great cqc arms. good PA and EN weapon skill and EN defense give them another one up, but bad other weapon related things means outside of close range fights they arent as good as some other arms.

JUDITH good al-round arm, only bad thing is the latona kind of outshines these arms a lot of the time, but judiths slightly higher aim precision can give it an edge in many situations.

LATONA arms are like judith arms for closer ranges or EN weapons. even just have them for lower EN cost. up to you, really, these or judith are the most common light arms, for good reason.

LINSTANT arms have one of the most accurate descriptions in the game. super lightweight arms maximizing PA at the expense of everything else is the perfect way to describe them. think of them as sobrero arms that can shoot remotely well.

SOBRERO ignoring the last comment, these can shoot. More imporantly, they are the lightest wieght, lowest EN cost, highest firing stability lightweight arm out there. what does alll this point to? they can shoot railguns well. and hand missles, and minimarves, machineguns, and marves, and sniper rifles(at really long ranges) but railguns, hand missles, and blades make these arms more than useful for runaway sniper quads. try it, just make sure to max out maneuverability, dont bother with aim precision.(they can fire those weps well because they either have a high melee ability to counteract the bad maneuverabiltiy and the close range negates the precision, or the wep has a high firing precision and is fired at a long nuff range that bad tracking doesnt matter, or both like rails, or it doesnt matter becasue the weps you have on them dont matter like missles or blades.)

SOLUH arms are decent at a number things, with a focus on firing stability and defense. competes with judith a lot, for me at least, but i dont have much experience with these arms.

CORE

LAHIRE has lots of PA and decent defense, along with being the lightest core in the game, even if it isnt the fastest. this makes it perfect for all kinds of lightwightness, but keep in mind the high drain and bad stability, they can ruin this core for many mechs.

LATONA has stupidly low drain, and great EN defense, and decent everything else. its slow, like the legs, but the low drain makes up for it, handy for anything thats too drainy or lacks EN defense, handy on quads too.

SOLUH core is the second most stable core in the game, with decent ballistic defense, and drain, along with being moderately fast.

SOBRERO core is the fastest most PA intensive bad at everything else core in the game. it has good EN defense, almost best actually, and is very very usefull in a lot of situations, the drain and defense make it a hard core to use though.

HEAD

LAHIRE head is a mini aliyah, good recovery, PA, bad functionality, overall a good cqc head, but lacking in other areas.

HOLOFERNES head is a great long range light weight head, its also the lightest weight head in the game, along with some of the best stability. it does have poor system recovery, which can be dangerous in cqc, and low defense, making this a solid mid-long head.

JUDITH head is like a closer range holofernes, it has good camera functionality and system recovery, along with a nice all round defense, not to mention good stability.. a very balanced head.

LATONA head has low en cost, high en defense, and pretty nice camera functionality. bad system recovery and stability make this a fairly limited head.

SOBRERO is a head that has bad everything but EN defense and PA. but it is aso a very light head with good tracking, which is its saving grace for cqc combat. handy, and you say your an experienced pilot with it on.(look at its description)

SOLUH head has the best stability in the game, along with not terrible recovery and camera functionality. it has decent ballistic defense and drain, making this a handy head for any recoil intensive weapon.

LINSTANT is a head made for PA. it has the best PA in the game, along with amazing EN defense and good system recovery. its like the lightweight kiritumi. bad everything else maks this head have problems outside of close-mid ranges, and should be put on a mech that needs EN defense to get the most out it.\\

HEAVY

HEAD

Fat Gano this head is the most stable heavy head, this makes it a good pairing for tellus and argyros cores. this head also features many similarites to kiritume in its terrible camera functionality(a trend amungst fat heads) and system recovery(an even bigger trend). this head features good Ap, ballistic defense, pasable En defense, good stability, low drain and has better camera stats than the KIRITUME. a nice all round fat mech head.

KIRITUME head is the fat of all fatness. this moster has more AP and ballistic defense than a pair of sobrero arms. pair this with horrible everything else except for EN cost, and youve got a head made for fortress type AC's. this monster is best paired, surprisingly, on mid heavys or only on a heavy equiped with a longer range FCS like omnia or laura, to counteract bad camera functionality.

ARGYROS head has amazing almost everything. all it lacks is camera functionality and it has a high drain. This fantastic head features one of the best system recoveries in the game, along with superior defense. Like the above heads, best used with a long range FCS. also beware of terrible stability.

SOLDNER head is a good all round head, geared more towards mid heavies and the like that really fat things. It has above average camera functionality and nott horrible system recovery, along with a nice amount of defense and stability. decent weight and drain complete the fat part, making for a well rounded head. This head, surprinsingly, also has good tracking, so its nice on a closer range heavy, and it also can be used on lighter weight mids or even full lights for a defense bonus.

HILBERT head is the only fat head with actually GOOD camera funtionality, even if it has bad system recovery. another nice feature is the good EN defense, and reasonable weight and EN drain. this is also the fastest fat head, which can help in some decisions. Reasonable tracking and good camera stat makes this a solid mid/long range fat head.

anyway, ill add more later in an edit. prelly the lightweight cores, maybe the rest too. depends on my mood. then ill move to fats, which will take up a page a part, then nothing on mids really because i dont know much about them aside from white glint, tellus, and gano.

main thing to remember is that everything is based on your preference. from what weapons you use to what FRS tuning you choose. I used tanks with YAMAGAS back in 1.2, when the only grenade people thought existed were RAIDEN arms on quads, and now ive been using an Assault cannon alot, and have gotten to where 3 out of 4 shots register. nice ratio all together. point is, there is no best part or even better part. everything has its use, except for an assault cannon. that is a TERRIBLE weapon. believe, ive used it more than you.

1) What range do I feel most comfortable in?

This helps break down the weapons you will most likely favor, sometimes the frame, and usually narrows down booster choices as well.

2) Do I like weapons that chip away at AP or take it in huge swathes?

You can have a balance, but most people in my experience prefer one or the other. This question will help you narrow down which weapons you like the most.

3) Which of the weapons that I chose do I like the best?

This question lets you establish which weapon you feel most comfortable with and which one does the most for you. You're main weapon.

4) What weapons compliment this weapon?

The weapon on the other side, arm or back. If you think of your weapons in pairs, they will all afct more efficiently, to the point that three suck weapons will do way better everywhere than four haphazard choices.

5) Do I like this (complimentary) weapon?

The weapon you choose should work with your main weapon, but you also should be comfortable with it. For example, if you aren't keen on chipping weapons, but like grenades, things like machine guns might not be a good choice for you even though they work well with nades. Here is where you might think of other viable options. Shotguns, plasma and some missiles work well here and aren't chippers.

6) Do I like this weapon?

If yes, go with it. If no, either learn one of the weapons, or make an AC with a different main for now.

7) What frame best takes advantage of these weapons?

By now you might have some idea what kind of AC you want, but building the frame around the weapons can help. If you have something like rifles and a sniper cannon, you will want a good backpedaler. Boosters matter here more than frame arguably, but you'll need stability for the sniper cannon, and good shell defense for your AC's weight to damage race, and preferably passable EN defense and KP as well.

8) What boosters work well with these weapons?

Again, certain boosters work better for some frames than other. A backpedaler will almost always want Aliya/B and good vertical thrust, regardless of weight, and a rusher will usually want Virtue and generally go lighter on the back and side boosters, both to conserve EN for the rush and to avoid throwing the AC too far off topic.

9) Choose FCS for the weapons. Sometimes head choice can influence this for certain ranges.

10) Choose a Generator. Even though there are only a few good generators, none of them are end all, and some fit some styles way better than others. People big on positioning, flanking, or just need to be on the move are best served in my mind with Lahire, Judith, or Sobrero, but a heavier or more defensive build, even a midweight, can work well with Rigel or Aliya/G. ACs with Assault armor should use either Linstant, Aliya, or Lahire, while ACs with energy weapons might want Sobrero and ideally should avoid Linstant at all costs unless the AC is insanely efficient otherwise, for example.

Main Boosters

Judith Main: This booster has excellent vertical thrust and can permafly very easily. However, it's forward momentum is poor. Most of the time, people use these on snipers, heavyweights, and other defensive ACs. The good vertical thrust makes backpedalling effective, since any aerial backpedalling will still have a vertical thrust cost. Something like Virtue, for example, would do poorly in this role.

Latona Main: All around balanced booster. Slow QB reload prevents this thing from having the forward momentum it might otherwise have with its QB stats. It's a solid starting booster for its speed to drain ratio...but its vertical speed is poor, so it's not that great for cannon use, and there are several boosters that are faster, so it's not a good rushing booster either. It may have a place on a mid range omni range AC that goes forward and back a lot, but is drain conscious and doesn't use energy.

Aliya Main: While none of its stats are the highest in the game, its stats are usually second best or something third at the very worst, meaning this booster will always have an advantage over another booster. This makes it the ideal positioning booster, allowing it to outfly ACs with Virtue or overtake ACs with Latona or Judith. It drains a fair share to use though, so it's also one of the most difficult boosters to use really effectively. This booster is really good with mobile ACs using cannons, as they more than any other weapon need sound positioning.

Lahire Main: Booster that's kind of a mix between Latona, Virtue, and Aliya. I consider it the MCG of FA insomuch that it has lesser vertical thrust than Aliya and less powerful QB than Virtue, but its still one of the fastest boosters in the game, and unlike the other high speed boosters, the vertical thrust drain is not overly difficult. However, unlike MCG, the QB is sound...second only to Virtue in speed.

Virtue Main: This is a rushing booster. Or a blading booster. Plain and simple. The vertical thrust is among the worst in the game, and the vertical drain is the worst in the game. However, the QB speed is second to none. Use on a lightweight AC for best results.

Back Boosters

Latona Back: Back booster for ACs that either want to spam back boost a lot and don't want to deal with drain, or more practically, ACs that aren't going to use back boost that often due to low equip burden.

Aliya Back: Best back booster. Period. Drain's fairly high, but the kickback is so substantial that it can just about keep pace with Virtue Main if you stabilize the AC right. It's also very good at getting you out of a tight spot whereas most other back boosters won't get you back until it's too late.

Side Boosters

Latona Side: Basic low power side booster. Good for beginners or possibly rushing ACs since the kickback isn't that high.

Ortega Side: Good balance between power and drain. Low equip burden too, especially equip drain (only 88 ). Good for mid range ACs or people that want power, but aren't comfortable with how much EN something like Holofernes will demand.

Holofernes Side: Your typical high power side booster. This booster will pretty much shoot you farther off than any other side booster, so it's good if you want to keep your distance. For this reason, it's probably a poor choice for rushers, since it might make you overshoot the target. It's popular because the positioning factor is excellent, but it doesn't drain as much as some other high power boosters, or at least, it doesn't feel so.

Lahire Side: Sort of a different and less common take on the Holofernes side. The thrust is more instantaneous, which I think makes it better for dodging and sudden movements. The slightly lower duration can be a help or hindrance depending on how you play and what AC you are using. The higher drain makes people shy away from it most of the time, but it has the chance to throw people off if they are used to tracking Holofernes side boosters when lining up shots.

Aliya Side: Still less duration than Lahire, but the highest instantaneous thrust in the game. There's a risk of losing lock, some tell me, but if you can keep sights, this booster is probably the best at making a dodge the very second you need it.

Judith Side: Low power and low duration make this best for people that use Virtue to chain boost. However, the inability to chain second stage quick boosts have made this strategy much less popular than it once was.

Overboosters

Linstant/O : Good power and low KP drain. EN drain is a little higher, but acceptable. An all around good OB and probably the best in 1.4.

Aliya/O : Highest power for high drain. Good for instantaneous thrust, but duration is extremely unlikely and it will cost most of your KP. I imagine it's an excellent jousting OB unit however.

Judith OB (non AA) : This is basically the OB you use if you almost never plan to OB, or maybe if you want to use this in conjunction with a series of QBs.

Rigel/O : Assault Armor OB. It has passable OB stats, but what makes it popular is the extended range of the assault armor. This has occasionally decided a fight.

Sobrero: The other main AA OB. Only standard range, but does the most damage (barring maybe Argyros/O, but the weight and drain on that part is more than its worth). If you're confident in your ability to position your AA attacks, or want to invest as little weight as possible into an AA OB, this is the way to go. It weighs less than every standard OB except Judith after all.

Edited by Cleric, 24 May 2010 - 08:39 PM.

--------------------

Additional Guides:

AC4

ACfA (Parts of what's written above is repeated in here, but there's new information as well.)

wtf blog

Edited by Py687

Ok thanks for the big text wall, I don't agree with a lot of the parts summaries since the differences seem exaggerated, but it gives me a decent feel.

Does stability even matter on lights or are you screwed regardless? I wonder if I'm achieving anything by trying to get a bit higher stability, or if it won't actually matter at all.

Does head affect stability like it used to, by multiplier, or is it just a straight number now? Are there any magic numbers for stability? I recall in AA with two mid legs one set would get paralyzed by HGs and the other with slightly more stability wouldn't.

Also how big a diff does def make? Many parts seem like they get a big def boost in shell or en, but lose a big chunk of AP - is this often like an equivalent offset? Obviously def matters more the more there is but on a light I'm inclined to think AP will matter more, or neither will make a big difference.

PA Rectification is pretty simple. It's how much KP (Kojima Particles) you can fit in your bubble around your AC. The more PA Rectification you have, the more thick your bubble is and the more damage it mitigates from weapons. As your PA Rectification bar depletes, your bubble thins out and you get less and less damage mitigation.

KP Output is how much KP your generator can output per second, which is used to recharge your PA Rectification bar. PA Rectification acts a lot like EN Capacity with EN Output recharging it, except in this case KP Output recharges it.

PA Durability/Attenuation is how resistant your PA Rectification is to PA stripping attacks. Weapons have the ability to both penetrate PA (Ignore X Amount of PA Rec) or reduce PA (Strip X Amount of PA Rec). Durability acts very similarly to how your EN/Shell Defense act for your AP. It will reduce how much PA Rec is lost from a stripping hit. Shell weapons tend to strip PA heavily. EN weapons tend to penetrate PA effectively.

If you want I can elaborate on it a bit further using examples with numbers.

lights are screwed, you just have to try real hard to avoid fire

also lights suck

you can test parts by using the same frame and changing, let's say you're testing arms, let those be the only variable on an otherwise constant frame

then see how many hits it can take from whatever rifle

then laser rifle

easier to look at it that way

you should only be choosing from a few parts anyway so it won't take long

seriously though PA doesn't exist, sometimes you can use it to OB that's it