Should I buy AC4 or ACfA?

supplice.

so i really felt like picking up 4 again cuz it was like 6 bucks just to lan with a friend for some duels

for answer is like 15 bucks

you guys think the added and modified parts and weapons is enough for a added 9 dollar price tag?

i completely forgot which one was the faster of the 2 and the levels they offered lol

For Answer is definitely the easier of the two, with its regulations and overall ease of playability. The EN of AC4 is more difficult to manage and its speed is much slower, also the weapons of FA are, overall, much more useable. For online play, AC4 is the best, however due to its parts and its mechanics I find it much more limited whereas FA can be a lot more creative and free. FA also has an easy mode where you have infinite energy and the quickboosts propel you for miles and miles. Plus, ACFA has a full auto-aim feature, tracking the enemy quite well with no input from you, whereas 4 requires you to track opponents on your own. Its auto-aim is near useless.

I find AC4 more satisfying and better to play competitively online, I only wish it had more parts and the ones that existed were balanced to make everything useable. The speed of FA is nuts and way too fast for reliable play online, though it may be great for LAN, plus the speed is really fun overall, it just doesn't equate online.

they both did the widescreen strip thing for split screen correct?

might just get 4, it was the more memorable of the 2

was acfa the one where missile velocity got wonky when you shot them while OB so it registered all weird during online play?

• 1 month later...
Nah for split screen (at least in fA) the screens are vertical. Horizontal would have been much better, but from what I've read all the ratings seem to favor fA. Probably because of all the reasons listed above (more mainstream friendly, easier to get into, less punishing management aspects, etc.)