Desert Fox 0 (various versions)

Desert Fox

Playing AC3 again, and went with a light version of Desert Fox. Lights are a lot more agile and faster than mids than I realized, (even with not much weight difference) and it seems easier to do a lot of the advanced booster and OB techniques (or maybe they're more necessary), gliding/drifting, jumping, running.

The light is fast enough to OB in after firing missiles to go for a blade before or as the missiles hit. It's a lot more fun with the blade version, slashes feel so much cooler, but has super flimsy armor. For a more vanilla version, swap the REX arms for MARTE and add HZL50. Much more effective but more boring.

It kind of sucks blading was pretty well done in AC3, but HZL50 pretty much kills it for vs. HZL50 needs some of an increased reload (+50-100%), less ammo (30) and increased weight (~400) - maybe all of them.

Noticed the increased targeting and blading from OP-I should actually be the defaults for blading in my opinion, in both AC3 and SL...

It's quite a lot of fun to play around with the blade version, or give either OP-I, (firing missiles in mid air, OBing, staying in the air, firing more missiles, then OBing and blading - still in the air, haha) or with the Moonlight versions below. (hits a lot easier with the increased length)

Desert Fox 0 - MK2 & MK3

TIE

NER

REX/MARTE

EDGE

FLEET

ST-6

ROZ

SA44

DD10

R24

R: -

L: VM36

R: GS56

L: 2551/HZL50

Options

Screens, Stability, ECND, Turning, lock speed

Color

I played around making variants, the below is closest to the SL version but has the Moonlight, it isn't as responsive or agile as the one above being mainly a mid frame (although this gives a better laserblade swipe) and the other version on a light has no relation missiles but Moonlight, (literally no way to jam them on) those missiles would be pretty key for vs, much more than a blade.

Desert Fox - Moonlight

SKYEYE

NER

SOL/REX

ORDER/EDGE

FLEET

ST-6

ROZ

SA44

DD20/DD10

R24/-

R: -

L: VM36

R: GS56

L: MOONLIGHT

Options

Screens, Stability, Turning, E++, RTE, CLPU

or

OP-INTENSIFY

Was playing around in AC3, and using OP-I on my normal AC works pretty well in vs, the Moonlight becomes quite a bit easier to use - although against a person with the howitzer, not so sure. Mostly I just like being able to shave off 1000-2000 AP if an opportunity presents and the howitzer just doesn't have the same style and decisive hits. Not sure how much of a difference it makes vs a human opponent - probably the OP-I helps a lot.

Edited by Desert Fox
Moved to correct board and added topic tag.