=3
Posted Image

#22 OLDER BALDER FATTER SLOWER

You're a daisy if you do

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

This division is a bit lopsided for me. I really like about half the bots, and I'm just not feeling the others. Having said that, the bots here have great variety, even with the repetition of certain parts - a necessity, given the limited options. There are themes and ideas on display that, in my opinion, only work because of one of my favourite aspects of MoA: the paint.

Boy and Negro Angelo both show off natural colour variations, especially in the legs. White Glint and ITS GREENMAN take the effect Pool Noodle showed off last contest to a comical extreme. Reaverbot has that crazy glow, and a few entries make use of metallic tones that never worked quite as well in future games in the series. To me, these are all things that show up after tinkering with things, while Firestarter's paint is the embodiment of what I consider "normal" for first generation AC.

1st - [8] ROASTED CORN

The orange immediately grabbed my attention, the red accents tie in the back parts, and the deep bronze and dark grey do a good job of toning down the overall busy look of the AC. The four colours combine for a really strong overall palette. My one complaint with the frame might have been the head due to its more rounded shape contrasting with the stiffness of the rest of the bot, but it integrates nicely by matching up with the spikes of the legs, and by having the rear units run at the same angle. Also, I know it's a successor bot, but I feel the name doesn't fit at all. Something along the lines of "Spiked OJ" seems like it would've been more appropriate. Name doesn't really affect the looks, though.

2nd - [13] Firestarter

While I do like the paint of a lot of the entries, there's a lot of dark robits. Even some of the lighter robits (Achrobatic, ROASTED CORN) still have a shadowed, darker look to them. This AC stands out because it has a nice brightness to it, and more importantly (to me), because it looks very Canadian. The frame works really well overall, with certain parts sharing distinct features with others. There's plating on the arms and legs, the core and legs have that indented line texture, and the core and head both have what look like intake vents (which the back units play off of, too). I wish the gun had a bit more impact, but it fits the colour scheme and works with the textures of the frame, and I'm not sure what (if anything) else would have. Canadabat.

3rd - [10] Disgruntled Shoe Salesman

He sure does look disgruntled, huh? It's almost like there's two paint schemes going on here, but nob is wrong and they mesh really well with each other (seriously nob why are you always wrong huehuehue I should stop picking on you). I like the colour choices across the board. The frame has a really good balanced look to it, which I'm pretty impressed with. Normally, I feel those arms look best on tanks and some quads, simply because of the bulky and wider look they have, but the big shoes on those legs do a lot to tie things together. I don't know whether there's any actual thematic inspiration behind it or not, but I can't help but think of Al Bundy when I see this bot. Nomrah's description really drove it home for me, too. Al Bundybot.

4th - [6] Pool Noodle's Revenge

I'm pretty conflicted on this one. It's got perhaps the most unique paint job of the whole batch, which has a really warm overall feel. The bright yellow adds just the right amount of 'pop' to it while avoiding looking comical, but I do think the addition of a more neutral colour would have added some balance, like the dark grey does on ROASTED CORN. The leg, core, and head choices are great, but that's where it starts to fall apart. The arm choice might have served the theme better, but I flat out think the AW-RF120 would've fit better while still accomplishing the task. On top of that, I feel the back units actually detract from the overall design. The parts I like, I like a lot, but the ones I don't are killing it for me. It feels like it's somehow not completely committed to being a great looking bot or a pool noodle, instead trying to straddle the line between the two and having trouble maintaining its composure.

5th - [11] Boy

I really like the colour, weapon, and head selection. As mentioned in my introduction, this bot has some colour play going on, and it's most evident on the legs. The paint was also used to great effect on the arms, where the shoulder pieces seem somehow very separate from the rest to me. Overall though, I don't like how the frame comes together as a whole. I think it looks better from the back. Boybit.

In the other divisions, I commented a bit on other bots at this point, but I kind of opened with it on this one. Uhh...I really liked that this division had jokier bots, which I felt other divisions lacked this time, even though I didn't vote for them. They're fun to see.

#23 Taurus

a Bang-Kok guy

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • PSN ID:does it matter?

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:11 AM

my write-up :

#01 REAVERBOT : looks like the ghost with a low-light shine in the darkness. weapon is fine but just one isn't enough, added more thing(s) should be fine or just made it to be RJ for more effective on combat. like the paint concept anyway.

#02 WHITE GLINT : a joke with WG on 9Ball frame. nothing wrong actually, but this design might useful for H+ only. too white to see any detail on the bot and I don't like it...even if I want to safe the Anatolia.

#03 DARK : (this is my bot so I shouldn't give any)

#04 ACHROBATIC : body paints, gun, and missiles, their colors theme are blend together like this bot is the complete-mass production bot, I like this one. (actually I don't like RJ legs but this legs is an exception)

#05 TANKY THE TANK : color theme together as ACHROBATIC but not look good as it. I love 4 barrel MG and love how this tank be but for PvP, this thing might gonna die first.

#06 POOL NOODLE's REVENGE : I dunno how awesome it is about previous POOL NOODLE but this gold-dark gold...and a bit dark-red was inspired me. the weapon, cannon arms is good but back rockets are not so good to fight...but it looks fine when put on the bot btw.

#07 CHIKANBALL : 9Ball with CHIKAN version....................... what more can I say?

#08 ROASTED CORN : looks like #06 but more shine-bright, also looks like more better style. (if back radars were another laser cannon, it would be more perfect for me)

#09 ITS GREEN MAN : WAT DA HEX DAT U MADE HUH?

#10 DISGRUNTLED SHOES SALESMAN : H+ version with some grenade launcher on back might make it shine. anyway, it looks like a bird with muscle and wearing jeans for me.

#11 BOY : it looks like a champion from the new-AC-era for me. might be H+ design. nice color theme anyway.

#12 NO RECOURSE : 4 barrels MG better. GG arms firing was easy to avoid and low ammo. somehow, this design make me feels like see T-600 (from Terminator)...maybe 'cuz color theme.

#13 FIRESTARTER : a boy with toys, white-red colors looks like GM. (MS. Gundam) you might be had much guts to use handgun and plasma, that's what I like about this.

#14 SLUDGE DREDD : the boss, the epic, the heavy, and of cause, it's black. also weapon setup are awesome choice. only wanna fixed is booster.

#15 NEGRO ANGELO : one of another design with colors theme together. round-shield arms and 8000R legs are make things look good. just put something on hand, this design might be perfect. (like FINGER for example)

since I give the vote already so I'm just make some write-up here.

Edited by Taurus, 08 July 2014 - 01:13 AM.

HAND-DRAW-I-TRUST.

#24 Lygophilia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

1st: Design 15
2nd: Design 14
3rd : Design 12

#25 Harakiri Tiger

Queen Bitch of the AC Universe

• Admin
  • 1,193 posts
  • 360 Arena Points:15
  • PS3 Arena Points:15
  • PSN ID:Niji87
  • LIVE ID:Niji87

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

1st - #14
2nd - #01
3rd - #09

Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

#26 Donald J. Trump

[MAGA] Mr. President

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

Watch my 3 bat vote not count but the Albanian's does.

Posted Image

#27 Bakuhatsu Pengin

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD ROUND-EARTHER

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • PSN ID:8==D
  • LIVE ID:8==D

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

shut the fuck up donny

Posted Image

#28 LS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • PSN ID:Itaritz

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

1st place: 8
2nd place: 13
3rd place: 4
"You are blind like young kittens. What will happen without me? The country will perish because you do not know how to recognize [Vertex]." - Joseph Stalin
Posted Image

View Postnoob, on Jun 8 2010, 10:55 AM, said:

holy fucking shit LS posted in the forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users