Anyone want to talk MOC?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe don't post any acvd related topics here because fuck that game, but I see potential missed opportunities when you guys neglected to post the topics concerning the other, broader topics you discussed in the past which I covered in my previous post (missions, specific parts like the sawa, moonlight, tricks of the trade etc.)

Actually, do post about ACVD sometimes maybe perhaps on occasion. On that, note, I've got a suggestion, too (assuming you haven't done it or something similar). AC has never been the easiest series for new players to get into. Do a podcast about the difficulties facing anyone new to each game and its mechanics, and maybe include some basic points of what you did/people can do to get going. Just key ideas that are super useful in that particular game or something.

TM, you realize that Tearsin/Zealous were either at or running most of the events right?

Yeah I do know they ran that stuff. Either way you were at a lot of those too and could have provided a different perspective.

As a listener, I'd want like the three most varied accounts possible.

I'm stoked for this, setting up for the most engaging TRV easy. And It'd be great if Raor would get in on another session concerning the Midwest tournies. But I strongly agree with the others points, primarily TM on just showing up when you need something and the "huddling up" that's been going on over at ACL. The TRV discussion threads over on ACL that a few of us here at ACU noticed and contributed towards honestly would have gotten an even stronger reaction if it had just been posted here at ACU.

First TRV I actually listened to front to back without skipping around, I was sucked in for sure. Man now I want to see some of these matches that were brought up though. Anyways a great listen.

EDIT: Ah I see TM posted one of the fights (the Joust Vs Sandman backstab one) over on ACL. Mesmerizing antics.

http://youtu.be/0pIiIudhyGo

Edited by Nomrah

might be, idk, ac2 is kinda shitty tbh i haven't thought about it in forever

aa is dope but the variety in weapons is all in the backmounts. there's like 4 top tier guns (night, gn210, ksaw, golden shotgun) and a few okay guns (the cannister looking laser rifle and the hydra?) and after that you're just playing with a severe handicap

by kinda i mean its better than nx and pp but that's about it lol

I remember using the canister gun.

The Mini-K looked good on paper, but didn't deliver quite so well.

Canister gun thou, was pretty baller. Didn't do a ton of damage, but you could liberally apply it.

Lukav was always pretty big on spread zooks, from 2->SL.

Ya, but they all have their weaknesses.

That's why I felt NB was so good as a PvP game, there was such an open field in terms of what you could do. Some of that probably has to do with the amount LR got played and meta'd out.

3/SL had a similar feeling too, aside from the defense stacking and solid extensions in SL.

nah they don't have their weaknesses really, that's def not true thats why they were so dominate

ac2 and aa strategy was a lot diff from the other games, both playing and designing

the ksaw mk 2 is like in contention for best gun in AC history hahaahahahahaha

aa's meta the best design didn't have a weakness it was high stats everything

aa's meta is heavily dependent on backmount choices and putting people in bad situations because all the good weapons hit really hard and the game is generally kind of slow

aa's meta is like my 4th favorite in the series and its also one of the 4 i'd consider really good

at least as I experienced it, I bet if it was the current game with the scene being how it was from like NX and on I'd prolly hate the game a lot more hahaahahaahah