Posted Image

#742 OLDER BALDER FATTER SLOWER

You're a daisy if you do

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:56 PM

She's creepy as hell when she's green.

Some of your stuff is getting a Steven Universe vibe to it.

#743 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • PSN ID:Fulgent

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:30 PM

@OLDER BALDER FATTER SLOWER Thanks, I needed an honest opinion that doesn't pull it's punches. I was thinking about whether what I'm doing is an abomination to reality, or genuinely creative and original. : P She's green since she's suppose to be like an ambhibian/frog girl, like in some of her other pics.
Posted Image

Is the pink hair garrish, or does it match her skin?

I guess that means the silver skin versions of the knight guy might be off putting? Silver skin because his race are "Metalloids" which are humanoids made of bio-minerals, and thus the gray or silver skin. Would it be advisable to just stick to real human skin colors? I definitely don't want to scare people away with an all character cast where skins are purple, blue, and so on.(The gunslingers skin is blue by the way).
Posted Image

And some versions of the princess chick have her with pale white skin, rather than natural human skin, because of my "originality" and "uniqueness" but maybe I'm going too far?
Posted Image

Some sketches:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Fragrant, 04 March 2019 - 10:09 PM.

#744 OLDER BALDER FATTER SLOWER

You're a daisy if you do

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

The pink and green combo isn't as jarring in that pic. In the other one I think it's just the level of saturation or something; she looks better with a softer look to me. I'm not an artist though so I don't know if that's it.

None of the swordsman or princess colour combinations throw me off either so do your thing yeah.

#745 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

@OLDER BALDER FATTER SLOWER No, you're right, my problem when trying to do more advance illustrations is saturation. Yeah, I should stick to softer methods. Okay, that's cool on the Knight and Princess, I guess it's a matter of preference which color I ultimately pick.

Some new art:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fae with her Plasma sabre.

Posted Image

Then it got me wondering, "Plasma" isn't an element, it's a state of matter, so now I had to figure out what "element" her plasma blade is, I ended up making this chart, and instead of 4 states of matter, I ended up with 6 to try to explain some of the other "elements" like dark and holy. Although, I might modify it down to 5 or even increase it to 7, with some state of matter between solid and gas as a "neutral" state that would explain stuff like Ki and Magic better. It's a fictional system so I'm not gonna try to have it replicate true physics or anything, but more to make sense for "game balance" and stuff.

Posted Image

I still haven't figured out what element her plasma blade is, most likely Ion or Solar(although I was gonna call it ion or crimsom), or I might add another base element to the chart and have her blade be the plasma state of it.

I just realized, I could probably just have the state of matters loop back on themselves to fill out the ones missing states of matter, and probably just reduce it down to 5, if I keep the 6 or even make it 7, the odd 3 have to behave differently from the other 4 known states. Darn Pseudo-Fantasy science poop thing. Posted Image

#746 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image

EDIT:
Posted Image

#747 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:20 PM

I was reading up on how to make arrows from scratch and I blinked and saw a stereotypical Elf Archer character design. A bit of redesigning should improve it though, I don't know if it's an antagonist or an ally or something.

The only reason I was reading up on it was that I got to shoot 12 arrows with a real bow at a medieval-ish fair yesterday(despite the fact I haven't ever been formally trained, and only have knowledge from books on archery I used to spend hours reading as a kid, anyways, my final few shots where near perfect, and surprised some people nearby lol.)Posted Image (All I got is a composite bow that I've owned for years, but no arrows left, but yesterday was the first time I shot in a range lol, instead of randomly shooting arrows into a field). Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gunslinger and Pixie.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Fragrant, 18 March 2019 - 02:56 PM.

#748 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

"Let's just sit around like a bunch of emos."
Posted Image

EDIT:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Fragrant, 20 March 2019 - 01:18 PM.

#749 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:54 PM

Princesses with their respective Knights.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Martial Arts practitioners:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Time travelers:
Posted Image

What happens when this Princess's team...
Posted Image

... fights this princess's team?
Posted Image

THIS.
Posted Image

#750 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

#751 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:44 PM

A rival to the Fury Knight and Gloom Princess:

Posted Image

The IgKnighte and the Gust Princess. I was initially thinking, he'd look like the hero of the story, and the Fury Knight is the "bad guy", to the eyes of the people, but in fact, the Fury Knight is just a misunderstood Anti-Hero, since the story follows him: https://i.imgur.com/KgvWkRH.jpg

But if I change the story around, it would just be played "straight" with the Fire Knight "IgKnighte" being the main character. D: I'd still stick to the main story of the Fury Knight being misunderstood and actually trying to stop the real villain in all this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users