New to AC4A

Reiske

Hi all, new around this parts as the title saids i'm new to 4A and overall to AC since the only one i have given more time to it is verdict day

moving all i bought 4A this Thursday i have already completed the endings so i have i think all parts from the store unless there are still some few more hiddens since i still missing a few more missions

So i started to building my Next but i still have some doubts when it comes to the FCS and the booster so i was looking for some of the "old timers" here to give me some suggestion the schematic of my next is this one

http://oi57.tinypic.com/29b0t9w.jpg

I would like to hear what things i could improve or what are some bad choices since my next is lightweight, for the moment i'm thinking on removing the handgun in the right arm since in most duels i manage to keep most of the main rifle ammo

With the few points i have from the mission (i dont know their name in english) i have improve the EN capacity, output and aim precision but in another post here i read that stat is mostly for snipers so i'm thinking going for firing stability and turning speed since i dont know the cap of these points what others stats are usefull to a next like this one?

For last the stabilizers in gamefaqs they said that they don't do anything at all so i have place a few i have the little point in the whole center in the X but a few paces down on the Y so should i change this or dont worry about it?

So that is all is anyone could be willing to give me some advices that would be great, i dont know how the community online is right now on the ps3 i'm guessing is almost dead but i manage last night to find some japanese player i think

And just to let you all know i'm playing with the latest regulations 1.40 i think it i guess the few online use that same one so i didn't bother to try the others one in singleplayer as well

Cheers

Yo it's been like 6 years since I played FA but your bot looks like the real successful ones I remember.

Stabs DO affect your bot but it's not in a hugely appreciable way. People used to stabilize so they could backpedal a lot since bitch play with snipers and missiles was wild successful.

I don't remember FCSs at ALL. Sobrero was like 2nd or 3rd best gen depending on what you were doing.

Boosters are all fine. Ortega was one of those that didn't see as much use as some of the others but it worked for a lot of bots.

Your frame's light but that chain gun is heavy and iirc 051annr was like the heaviest rifle. It's also one of the best for light bots if your arms have decent firing stability so feel free to keep it. I don't remember ammo on it specifically but you probably don't need the handgun underneath it.

This bot looks like it's on the lower side of AP so I think you're better off trading the chain gun for something else like the slug gun or that real light grenade launcher. All your other weapons are better for mid range since annr has weaker tracking up close I think? So basically you don't want to be in close for very long so have a weapon that gives you big damage in one shot versus the chain gun which is better if you have a couple of seconds to get through armor.

Take everything I said with a grain of salt cuz like I said it's been 6 years and I didn't spend as much time with the game as people like noob.

Man though is anyone even on FA anymore?

Judith FCS is fine, it's either that or Hogire for this design. You could switch to Hogire if you're finding yourself wanting longer lock range.

Lahire main booster is pretty much outperformed by Aaliyah because of how it's vertical thrust and more efficient QB work, but that's still not a bad choice.

Lahire back booster is good. You could switch to Aaliyah if you want power, or to Judith if you're not finding yourself ever using back QB. Lahire is the good in-between though.

Ortega side booster is OK, but Latona is an alternative for slightly less power and better efficiency. I'm having a hard time figuring out right now if you should be using higher power boosters though, which would be either Aaliyah or Lahire, or Holofernes as a very energy efficient in-between.

For the handguns you've got in your hangars, they're generally not worth it. It probably would be better if you used the extra 800 weight the Lare are taking to put on heavier frame parts or other weapons.

I'd try writing a lot more about the frame, weapons and things regarding PA and the Sobrero generator, but I'm dead tired right now.

Yeah PA was what keeps sobrero from being hands-down the best gen. Tbh the only other gen I remember is argyros which I think was the super heavy one but had ludicrous stats to make up for it? I forgot the one that was basically considered to be the best and which you needed a pretty good reason to use something else instead of it.

sobrero, judith, aliyah, maxwell, rigel, argyros, linstant all have applications, although the latter half of that list are rather niche. if you want to use the high cap gens, youd need to acclimate yourself to how they work since they demand a different piloting mentality altogether

you dont want to use soluh core if you can fit ekhazar, since you get much better AP and defenses for a slight reduction in PA retification and like 200 more weight iirc

change the head to something like 047 or ekhazar. lahire has crappy camera and decent stability for poor defenses (i think, since i never used lahire head for a reason i cant remember). if its the aesthetic youre after, use aliyah

id recommend using the 2 shot PM missiles over the 4 shot PM missiles since the reload and trajectory on them makes them much easier to hit people with. they also work a lot better with the exensions

if you dont plan on using OB, use normal judith OB. if you plan on using OB, use linstant. if you want to AA, use rigel. the others might have niche applications, but those 3 OBs are very strong for these purposes

overall, the whole ac looks more suited for mid-close range than close range, so its not really gonna be able to make use of those lahire legs very well. the main reason why i can see lahire legs being used is for OB jousting with allegheny, and if you want to do that, youre better off with judith gen (MAYBE lahire gen) and a BIGSIOUX or kojima vertical missile in the off-slot to go with the alleghenys. the idea then would be to blow your load with all your missiles so you can drop them ASAP and then keep a solid mid-range game with an AP lead. OB jousting with alleghenys and big missiles increases their initial firing velocity while maintaining their tracking ability, making them very hard for unsuspecting targets to dodge or use flares. you have to get pretty close to your opponent and theres always a chance of the missiles blowing up in your face for huge amounts of damage to yourself, but it is a hit-and-run tactic that is designed to keep you in the lead every time you attempt it.

if thats not appealing, your second option is to run aliyah legs and beefier arms like 063, ekhazar, or aliyah to buff your defenses while maintaining a decent speed, and then you can play comfortably at mid range. id also probably switch the alleghenys to niobrara and putting a filler weap in the back slot like kamal, sapla, or some other missile launcher. its nice to have those weapons to deal extra damage to quads tanks and heavies, and if you really feel like you need the speed, you can always drop.

90 YOU DONT PLAY FA GO HOME THATS NOT EVEN A CHAIN GUN ITS A MISSILE LAUNCHER

(I AM NOOB)

ALSO IF YOU ARE ON PS3 I CAN ALWAYS PLAY WITH YOU IF YOU ASK IN CHAT

rigel

DEE EQUALS.

I'll also add that the GA generators do have their uses, being most powerful with underweighted, energy efficient designs fitted with high output boosters to have good synergy with having high capacity and making up for the heavier weights of them. The GA middleweight legs tend to make it super easy to accomplish that, along with some other ones. Especially the GA legs though since they're overpowered.

Sumerian and Fukei thanks both for your advices, last one when i try to go online i did a few duels with a japanese player i think and the game didn't took even 1 min to find that macth maybe i was just lucky but with co-op i didn't have any luck

I was checking both of your suggestion with the booster but when i change to either one of the others in one category there is a stat that takes a huge drop the one called boost duration from 3500 to something like 1500 does that have some noticeable impact during gameplay?

Right now my stats are this ones i have dropped the handgun in the right slot, but since i'm playing in spanish in going to leave a screenshot with their english name, so far with AP i didn't have much problem with 32202

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2lbl6qt.jpg (my stats)

http://i841.photobuc...X/Ironblade.jpg (english link)

And this is the screen with the stabilizers so i'm not going to worry much with how it is right now

http://oi60.tinypic.com/ipmv89.jpg

Bakuhatsu i'm going to check some of those changes you mention with the head, core and the missiles, with the missiles i mas using the Saline05 (spread) but there didn't find then good since they are pretty hard to hit with

But to be honest i dont think i'm going to change the legs since i just love the looks of it i guess if they are not good well i'm going to have to overcome that with skills sometime

Some other doubt i have is with the main rifle should i just stick with 051ANNR or go with MR-R102 , i gain more general firepower and average speed with the second one but the weapon in general does less dmg and have less precision, less speed, impact and other stuff

Edit: one more thing i was wondering there isn't any negavite penalty for example using middle weight stuff on a next that uses most light stuff for example that they dont perform the same as is all the next where complete light, middle or heavy for example

Edited by Reiske

Boost duration means how long your quick boost is active, therefore a longer boost duration means the quick boost throws you a farther distance than a booster with shorter boost duration.

For stability, a negative Y means you boost forward faster, and a positive Y means you backpedal faster. The x-axis is something along the same lines, though from what I've read people don't mess with it often and keep it at zero.

There's no statistical penalty for mixing parts of different weight classes.

DONT HATE ON RIGEL I THINK IVE USED IT BEFORE ON SOMETHING THAT I CANT REMEMBER

lahire legs are very good LW legs, its just that they are more suited for much more aggressive close-range ACs, and your current weapons aren't that effective at that

underweighted aliyah legs sacrifice a small amount of mobility for much better defenses, which allows you to use your weapons at a more effective range much easier

if you want to keep the legs lightweight, switch up your weapons to something more aggressive. try using a setup like this:

R Arm: sampaguita

L Arm: motorcobra

R Back: 2-shot PM missiles

L Back: sapla or kamal

shoulder: 061ANCM

this is a pretty easy to use cqc setup that works well on lahire legs and lightweights in general. its not very specialized other than requiring you to be close, so it will have problems against some ACs, but it should help you get familiar with piloting lightweights.

good to know all this info, so thank you all

Bakuhatsu i'm going to try those weapons and see how it goes so far i haven't face to much problem with the current ones with kalad nexts, but for the moment looks like i'm going to still need to do the missions i'm missing since i dont have sampaguita, sapla and those shoulders

Bakuhatsu one little question i notice today when unlocking the parts that you mentioned in the back you suggested to use the pm missile that i have but the two shots instead of the 4 one and on the other side either the sapla or kamal now in the shoulder did you mean to use the 061ANRM the one i'm using right now? because the 061ANCM is a back unit not shoulder

go it thank you both, one little question though i'm checking the sobrero parts are they simple and not that great? or i'm overlooking something here?

i'm going to give a try as well to 061ANCM and see how it goes because i was using saline05 and so far i haven't find a well to use it efficiently

Edited by Reiske

• 5 weeks later...