Srash plays AC:fA!

Not-Hunter

When you mention part names, you know that I have no idea what you're talking about, right? And I want to experiment with more stuff, I kinda just have no idea what kind of parts work well together, at all. Or how to use them for that matter. It's not so much that I mind failing, I just have no idea what I'm doing.The numbers in 4th gen are on a different scale from 3rd or 5th, so it's hard to judge what kind of purpose the parts are intended for. Unless it's simpler than I think, which is a decent possibility. Being limited on money and parts doesn't help much either.

EDIT:

Would also like to say that I'm glad ya posted regardless, it's better than getting a "this is boring stop making vids" or some shit.

Edited by Not-Hunter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly if you're struggling pay no attention to what I say, stick with DR, maby work AA into your bag of tricks.

I said what I said because you seemed kinda bored in the most recent stream. Also, your fundamentals aren't bad.. solo I'd say Sol Dios is in the top five most difficult missions. But you really are playing it a lot like ACV. You strafe in place way too much. Keep working on diddling boost, aaliyah main doesn't need much throttle to maintain altitude. Once you've progressed through hard-mode you'll have enough FRS to fully tune generator regen, and main booster vertical output, which will make sustained flight much easier.

If you must stick with a purebred aaliyah frame, you ought to use it more aggressively. Aaliyahs only real strength is PA rectification, tuned right its a great mid range-CQC platform. The arms are a weak link the way you're using it. Firing precision makes a big difference in PvP, its the major reason that first encounter with Glint played out like it did. In that fight WG is good for ~double your effective range. The head is also a poor choice for mid range DR duty.

For offline play, regardless of regulation, you can put a single blade to good use in 3/4 of the regular missions. 4th gen blading is easy and wicked fun, and it makes S ranks easier with no ammo cost. Back when I was active my favorite tactic was over boost blading… the blade lunge, over boost and quick boost all stack… its a much less reliable way to play but man does it look badass when things go right.

I say this because some of the better Aaliyah clones I came across where hybrid builds (guns and a blade). It isn't going to be able to rely on melee like a lahire/ADD setup, but more than quick enough to use it vs heavily armored PA tanks, which are otherwise VERY difficult to take down. And hell, if you catch a light build off-guard (that over boost+blade lunge+QB mess I just mentioned…) thats fun too.

Otherwise, what you need is a motocobra (T-Rex of MGs) or a faster firing rifle, and missiles or a GL/radar. Rifles will always be there, but this is PvE and you're treating it with far too much respect. Come back to rifles later, when you've got tuning points and really need them to S a hard mode mission, IMO. As long as you're off-line you have the luxury of a largely useable parts list. PvP is entirely different, at least half the weapons are completely useless.

A couple things I wasn't told till a few years in:

as time allows, test PA rectification. ~7500 rectification you gain a degree of invulnerability to many weapons with your PA up. PA behaves similarly to effective/ineffective damage in ACV. It reduces damage, impact and . Abusing it dramatically reduces the effectiveness of the majority of weapons, above 6800 PA will deflect anything that isn't a direct hit (even most sniper rifles/cannons will have trouble hitting a moving target… Railguns and lasers are pretty much it for mid-long range options).

PA tanks aren't that great IMO, hitting the ceiling for rectification requires a lot of tuning and specific frames, but keep it in mind if you ever build something. Unless you're bum rushing with bazookas in a duel, its generally a good idea to keep rectification at or above 5500, anything less and you aren't going to get that wonderful deflection bonus, as well as being extremely susceptible to PA breaker setups, which is basically the worst thing that can happen ever.

second staging is worth looking up on youtube. IDK how comfortable you are with booster timing in fifth gen but its a similar concept, minus the atrocious gundam-kick mid-firefight penalty….

Edited by Nescient

Yeah, leave the Aaliyah and try building a :tut:.

SSQB is cool to use but not very necessary in campaign. DRs are easy to use although admittedly sorta boring to watch, I don't mind it in sp though. If you are losing some interest in the game Srash then really do try switching things up as Nes suggested.

*flops in again* Parry bugged me on skype, and it basically turned out that the reason I couldn't figure out how to make anything work was cause of the regulation. When i tried something like MG/blade/grenade on 1.1 (which i'd been playing on cause dunno) it was really unpleasant, i couldn't hit anything, and it just kinda didn't work even against the basic test AC. Same setup on 1.4, and suddenly it works and is fairly fun to use. So I'll be using 1.4 reg in the future since it seems to promote a bigger variety of parts.

As for mission failure vs fun, it was mostly me wanting to avoid spending another 3-4 episodes without making progress (1.2 white glint), but hopefully I'll have enough parts now that I can start screwing around with different stuff and making it work. Any basic suggestions on something like a quad frame? I always kinda liked quads, just could never really figure out how to use them at all.

Additionally, Parry wants to get together and do some co-op with me, so we'll see how that works out. I'll definitely record it, but there's not too many details figured out at the moment.

forerunner birdbaths, seems legit.

and yeah, I think it was possible to do the same on a LBP but i liked the en regen and being able to jump. i haven't really don't much testing with it, though.

also, there seems to be some pretty terrible de-sync in this video, so I'll be using timers in the future to try and restrict the length and keep it from desyncing again in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

oh man, I've been looking forward to watching you try to beat that first mission. Teh second stage on that little white thing… good fight.

Have you tried any PvP, beyond nob fights?

YO KAMAL/TRAVERS+ground-zero-range=next vid pls.

Also, normah suggest you fightsis teh nobses, and recod that, for would be not so damn boring for everyone else. A small sacrifice (sort of like lighting your v-card on fire and using it as TP…) but a worth while one for the greater good, sir.

Edited by Nescient