Street Fighter V

Nomrah

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not even really an f2p model, you have to at least buy the base game. This is like the best thing that DLCs in general could ever hope to become--though it doesn't read like new stages or costumes/colors are applicable.

Also, Cammy's face isn't cute anymore.

Dooble post cuz infos!!

Got in about 50 minutes with the beta and it was really impressive to me. I unfortunately was only able to spend time with Ryu, but here's what I know so far:

- cr.lp can combo into itself 3 times and then nothing else.

- cr.lp can combo into st.lp (which combos into st.mp)

- st.mp is probably ryu's most important normal outside of cr.mk

- 2xcr.lp > st.lk puts you at perfect range to fish for counter hits and crush counters

- above also puts you in perfect crossup range for forward jump mk

- st.mp can combo into cr.mk, but cr.mp doesn't

- st.mp combos into itself, but only once

- 1 or 2xst.mp > st.hp > st.hk is practically a target combo. still requires some timing, but I had it down in less than a minute.

- Super combos off of st.mp.

- Super hurts a bunch regardless of scaling.

- Only ex srk will juggle and requires corner and/or specific spacing.

- All ryu specials serve similar functions compared to their sf4 counterparts depending on button strength

- V-trigger hado can be charged a little bit for 2 hits or all the way for 3 hits. Even 1 hit will still trigger knockdown. Can't be followed up with any fireball even in corner. Don't recall super connecting off of single hit vtrigger hado

- max range cr.mk > tatsu still works

- max range cr.mk > ex tatsu only works if opponent is crouching

- you can confirm super off of crossup mk

- you can only combo from crossup lk if it is very deep. I mean chunli's buttcheeks deep. From there the maximum you can do is cr.lp > st.lp > st.mp > super

- st.lp does 40 damage

- cr.lp does 30 damage

- ryu still has his sf4 cl.hk via command normal. you do back + hk. can' t combo into it, but you can combo into st.mp if it hits. does 2 hits

- do not know if you can combo anything counter hit or otherwise from overhead

- all previous possibilities from solar plexus are still present in sf5. just easier

- if hk tatsu is performed close to opponent, canceled or not, it will swap sides

- cr.mp doesn't seem to go into anything useful other than being special cancelable

- you can still delay the last cr.lp to go into uppercut. if you are going to use lights often then you have to master this because it's just not that good. best to have it ready for when you mash jabs to get people off you

- sf4 neutral jump mp is now on hp button

- overall cr.mk doesn't reach as far but still seems fast

This is all i can remember for now. I used chun as my dumby. I'll keep adding info to the thread as I figure it out assuming I'm able to get into the beta again.

What else do I have to compare their DLC plans to?

Witcher 3

Also I wouldn't put much effort into learning combos and damage and all that shit since the game doesn't come out til 2016 and they've already made several balance changes before it even got into beta. That shit is wild fluid mang

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-06-cd-projekt-announces-generous-witcher-3-dlc-plan

Witcher 3 isn't even remotely the same thing. You don't earn it and DLC won't be free after next week. Witcher 3 DLC is the normal DLC we've all come to expect. We were just lucky enough to be blessed with a zero dollar price tag. Warframe would be a better comparison now that I think of it, but that's a free to play game...

Learning what I could from the beta gives me a far greater understanding of how it'll play after having played SF4. Understanding that I've attempted to share with you all. You're welcome.

Edited by Rachis

oh playing the game gives you a better understanding of how the game will play? word?

nothing you've said tells us how the game plays differently than sf4. it just tells us that combos are different and some moves act differently. you could say the same shit about different sf4 patches.

• 5 weeks later...
Sweet, her breasts are something else, and just finding out my man Vega's in while watching R. Mika vid is good to, although I'm not that keen on his outfit I'll need an alternate right away. I agree Owen, this game really does need Urine.