Your Top 15 Fav Videogames

Nomrah

1. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)

Easily my #1. This pretty much defined what I thought a great game should be for the rest of my life lol

2. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 or PS3)

I put both systems on there cuz it doesn’t really matter which you played it on; the PS2 version was already pushing the system to the max. The sense of awe I felt playing in this giant wasteland and fighting these massive colossi is unforgettable.

All the rest of these are in no particular order.

3. Dark Souls (PS3)

The world was rad, weapons were dope, and trolling the fuck out of dudes for hours is some of the most fun I’ve ever had playing a game.

4. Super Mario World (SNES)

Tbh, I don’t really know what to say about this game other than it was loads of fun and I can’t think of a single thing wrong with it.

5. Pokemon Red (GB)

It is what it is. I still played pokemon after first gen but it was never really the same experience.

6. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)

Story, art style, graphics, gameplay, all pretty much perfect. I fks with it

7. Front Mission 4 (PS2)

Man, I have no idea how many hours I have on this game or how many playthroughs of it I’ve done. I used to rent it from the video store (fuck a redbox) over and over until it would have been cheaper if I’d just bought it in the first place. I bought it a few years ago finally and drove 50 miles to pick it up.

Basically the only mech game I still fks with to this day and it has 0 to do with it being a mech game.

fuck ac

8. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)

Got into the series with MGS1. MGS2 was dope but raiden was a pussy and the plot was way too up its own ass. MGS3 was fkn amazing. I felt it did the best at giving you the freedom to play either stealth or run-n-gun and the boss fights were all rad.

9. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

Not much to say really. Probably the biggest world I’d seen in a game at the time. Combat was fun.

10. Sims 2 (PC)

I played the shit out of Sims 1 (and 2 and 3 and 4) but Sims 2 was what really cemented me as a fan. It’s hard for me to explain why I like the series so much but it’s mad addictive. Whether it’s building stupid houses or conducting social experiments, I’m in.

11. Fallout: New Vegas (PS3/PC)

I played it on PS3 but I’d probably recommend PC version for unofficial patches cuz this is the buggiest game I’ve ever played and I still love the shit out of it hahaha. F3 was good and I had a lot of fun with it but NV was better in basically every way. The characters were more interesting, the music was fantastic, and it’s got some of the funniest lines I’ve seen in a game shout out to Old World Blues and No-Bark

12. GTA: Vice City (PS2)

Tommy Vercetti is king. Best soundtrack of the franchise and arguably one of the best in gaming. GTA5 I think is probably the better game, especially taking the online into account, but Vice City is god.

13. Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (PC/PS3)

I like this game cuz I’m actually ok at it. Nah, on the real it feels like it rewards smart play more than other fighters that are all about combos and super technical skill and such.

14. Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn (PC)

This is the only MMO I’ve played seriously. I tried WoW, PSO2, RO2, and EVE and none of them stuck. This one did, though I did take a year off cuz I had no money to play it. The graphics are incredible, the story is pretty good but it’s also typical FF stuff. Not a lot of grinding involved, for the most part. Really good community too.

15. Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)

I definitely say the PS4 version >>>>> PS3 version. I played it on the PS3 for a bit but stopped and never picked it back up. When I got a PS4, it came with LoU and it fucking blew me away with how amazing the graphics were. It completely changed the experience and added to the immersion in a way that wasn’t there in the PS3 version. It’s clearly a PS4 game that just came out on the PS3 first.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15. Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)

its crazy how literally everyone i've seen comment on this said the ps4 version obliterates ps3 version which won all those awards and bscly got crowned best ps3 game of all time

i gotta get around to playing it someday just so i can avoid missing out on history hahahha

Uncharted 1 and 2 are always hyped up as some of the greatest ever on the ps3 as well. I mean they're good solid games, but just another shooter oriented game with somewhat linear gameplay and a short story-- which doesn't make for a memorable game to me. I think the big review sites and magazines just love to suck up to Naughty Dog.

I haven't played Last of Us personally though, though I've seen it fully played through about 2-3 different times while passively watching it in the bg as I work in photoshop, so I could certainly see why people would list it. It does some things incredibly well-- particularly story telling.

iunno y is bad that i got a definitive top 12 games that are my fav and that i enjoy a lot of other games

cuz u said u werent satisfied

i just want my ppl to be free to be free to be free

also i think last of us still has the highest rating of a game on metacritic still

which is p interesting

hey john was the game making u scream on the twitch tlou

greatest ps3 game of all time is ACFA :tut:

i always thought valkyria chronicles was one of the best ps3 exclusives even tho ive only ever watched people play it. combat and story all look good and the game has a fantastic aesthetic, which i value far more than amazing graphics

my post said i was satisfied with my top 12 and after that it was up for grabs "im pretty satisfied with my list up until after dark souls" so 1-12 good 13-15 could easily change

ya VC i think if one of the dopest games i ever played as well owen knows my thoughts on it i was hyping that shit from day one

if i made honorable mentions list it'd be on there for sure

o i read it as u saying 1-12 was ur real list after that u were just like 'if i liked it it goes here' type of shit

so like 'its on the list to make it 15 but if i were making list it'd just be 12'

if u are good with that then so am i its all love nob!

i was legit disappointed in vg consumers when the first wk numbers came in for vc especially since I was following it since i heard it was getting brought over and how well it did in japan

that game deserved more attention than it got, it could end up just like fft imo

critics fucked with it but the numbers sucked and ppl didn't realize til later what was in front of them

a work of art

shout out to art y'all got terrible luck with getting recognized on time :(

if i rly gotta make it clear its basically like 12 games r super amaze to me and then like 40 games are really amaze but i cant list them so then itd be more like "its on the list to make it 15 but if i were making list it'd just be 50"

we good my guy

Also VC got released on Steam a ways back and I think it did pretty well iirc

oh really? That's good to hear

aye but shout out to sims 2 cuz john's social experiment journal was one of the dopest things ever on acu boards (or whatever fking boards it was on)

wild funny

You coulda just not listed out the games in order that would have saved some time. I know I personally wouldn't fuck with ranking my all time fav games that's pretty impossible.

I'll def watch u stream vc nob, especially if you haven't any clue on the dominant ways of playing in it. It's always fun watching people mess up.

my top 5 and top 10 are super clear cut for me, its at 12-15 that it starts to fall apart

i watch my friend play vc and all he does is get alicia and shoot dudes in the head from point blank on easy mode

its hilarious cuz sometimes they duck and he misses completely and then he tries again and they duck again so i tell him to shoot them in the dick and it works but they dont die they just flinch

GREAT GAME

tbh the reason vc didn't make my list is cuz of the song part i wont spoil it tho

but that part grates on my nerves

i remember the first time i played vc my house was full house (3 other roommates) and for w/e reason they all liked watching me play the game

i guess that's a good sign cuz 1 of them was a cholo

anyways we were watching and a pivotal part happened we were all like 'oh shit!' then the song part happened and we were like 'way to kill the moment'

i never forgave that part hahahahahaha

still tho the game is god so w/e

EDITED cuz I used the word climactic wrong

Edited by YUNG EPSOM SALTS

Uncharted 1 and 2 are always hyped up as some of the greatest ever on the ps3 as well. I mean they're good solid games, but just another shooter oriented game with somewhat linear gameplay and a short story-- which doesn't make for a memorable game to me. I think the big review sites and magazines just love to suck up to Naughty Dog.

Goddamn do I ever agree. Tbh I find Uncharted is the weakest series ND has ever done. I enjoyed Uncharted 2's tacked on MP more than the game itself. Actually, I enjoyed that part a lot, haha. Also, this:

VC is a great game for sure, yeah. It's on a short list of games for me where I actually found the story wholly engaging.

Uncharted 2's mp is pretty cool, I liked it for the couple days that I had it (back in the day when you could actually rent games.)

Tbh tho for multiplayer shooters it never got much more fun than cod4 and battlefield bad company 1 and 2 for me-- especially playing with Bato and bitching every 5 secs with him.

Also Red Dead Redemption > GTA 4 or GTA 5.

I hope they make new Red Dead.

Edited by Top Notch Penis

Also Red Dead Redemption > GTA 4 or GTA 5.

I hope they make new Red Dead.

I'll give you that RDR is better than GTA4 but I think GTA5 shits on it. RDR had a good story but literally only one interesting character in the whole game. That song that plays when you go into Mexico for the first time is great but the soundtrack as a whole is forgettable. I do think combat was done very well but GTA5's is just as good or better.

RDR MP is nowhere near as fun as GTA5 MP. Not even a comparison.

AoE2 is so great, still looks more visually appealing than most games since too. I liked the way hunting for resources worked, seeing forests disappear was cool, and buildings were a little more to scale than other RTS games. Level editor was completely accessible to anyone and I had tons of fun with that.

Also I feel like mentioning and adding to my honorable mentions Aliens vs Predator 2 for PC as having one of the most uniquely entertaining FPS multiplayers around. You could play as the Marine, Corporate, Predator or Alien, each race also having multiple variations to choose from. Each race was completely different from one another, yet still maintained a sense of balance. I preferred the "runner" alien, hiding in shadows and stalking prey really mattered in that game, getting the jump on someone and surviving multiple encounters back to back was not easy, it required intelligence and was highly rewarding.