Gackt

Harakiri Tiger

I actually haven't listened to Gackt in like a year or so, but I was a pretty avid fan of him a while back.

He's got a really smooth voice and performs well, much unlike todays addiction to voice manipulation. I got into Gackt a long, long time ago when I first started learning Japanese. Take it from me, trying to use music to learn a language isn't really helpful. Too many words are played with in music. I do believe that it helped, though. Just don't try to actually learn from it. Haha. Anyway, I was about 14 at the time and I ended up really enjoying some of his music.

Some of my favorite songs of his are Secret Garden, Tsuki no Uta, Doomsday, and BirdCage. Most of the music is low quality and scratchey. Especially SG. Oh well.

He's closely related with L'Arc en Ciel, which happens to share it's name with me. I have to admit that I like L'Arc en Ciel as well, but not as much as Gackt. That's about the extent of which JP music/bands/artists I really like, though. I don't believe Gackt has done music for any anime's, so it's likely that no one here knows about him.

Anyone else like Gackt around here or all you all bunch of haters?

• 2 weeks later...
I had an internet buddy a LONG time ago that showed me Gackt, and I liked it. That was a super long time ago and all I can remember is that his lyrics in the song I listened to were all super sexual. lol. I think this was when I was like, 11 or 12.

Yes. Super sexual stuff is pretty good.

=P

Anyway. Gary is an animemusicslut. He listens to that Inuyasha opening theme all day long. To be serious though, I really enjoy Tsuki the most. I can't tink of anyone else with a tune that sounds like that and I especially love the middle. I absolutely love the opening, haha. Ur a fkn weerdo.

What does accompaniment mean in music terms? I don't care much for the playing so I don't know these terms, just the sounding in my earsing.

• 1 month later...

In my never ending search for good music with non-English lyrics, I find that I like Gackt a bit. Not my favorite, but I don't loathe his existence. My main problem is in his... aesthetic. I wish we could just sell big fucking jars of attention so nobody would ever have to seek it in this manner ever again. Other than that, he's tolerable.

But I guess I'm going to have to be the one to bring up this little gem:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/851/gacktkiske.png

Journey through the Decade is awesome. It helped that I liked the show (Kamen Rider Decade) that used it as its opening theme.

Other songs of his that I like are Mizerable, Returner~Yami no Shuuen~ (as well as the version by his Vocaloid) and Stay the Ride Alive (yes, another one from Decade). ;)

• 2 months later...

Used to listen to his stuff a lot. I loved the entire MOON album.

Had or have most his discog up to the point I stopped following j-music. Dunno where I left it. Buried somewhere.

There was that and Pillows and KOTOKO. I really like her stuff. I started grabbing stuff but IDK where I hid the link list so I never finished, and I really dug around to find that shit. =/

Nightmare is another one that is actually similar to Gackt. I liked his stuff too.

• 3 months later...