Some thing is not right with muh!

Nescient

I'm getting fucking rag dolled here. Ive come across two players that I just couldn't beat.

WORSE, I cant even begin to compete with them in forward gear, the only remotely close matches in 10-15 games have revolved around me backpedaling, getting lucky with an AA hit and mostly the opposition being kind/OP enough to humor my missed AA attempts. Also a whole lot of cover whoring on Parabolic Grove.

part of my issue is definitely craptastic builds, I think I can handle that on my own. However I do have a number of burning questions if anyones interested in edumacationing me. Booster meta is something I'd really appreciate some tips on, I know nothing about proper booster selection.

The internets keep frowning on my sorry ass too. Earlier today I was fighting an AALIYAH build, the thing was dead-ass accurate from ~700m in, I could BARELY get a shot to register with any of my builds (exception being my super-glint DR build, which was at least managing to keep the fight close…)

I definitely need to spend some time practicing SSQB, thats my major fault mechanically. Nevertheless, i unloaded most of a MG/rifle mag on the d00d and watched it all get deflected by PA, yet it would barely scratch my opponents PA bar, if at all. Meanwhile the opposition was having no trouble stripping my shield and taking 5-10K AP in the blink of an eye, WITH FRICKIN AALIYAH ARMS. I am so confuse.

Is auto-sighting that important? Ive always played without it…

Edited by Nescient

if you want to go forwards and only forwards use virtue mains

if you want to go forwards and up too use aliyah mains

if you want to go up use judith mains

if you have to make your ac super energy efficient use latona mains

holoferns sides are god on just about everything

lahire is good for lightweights

ortega and argy are usable

latona is specific use

one method of forwards combat is to stay on your enemy as long as possible, but it requires you to continually stay in their blind spots while still being able to track them. aliyah mains is good for this. best with rifles and machine guns

another method is to joust, which means you go forwards really fast, land 1-2 hits in with bursty weapons, then you fly past them and away from them. rinse repeat. virtue mains is good for this. best with shotguns and missiles

these two methods are not exclusive playstyles and can be used in conjunction with each other

most cqc weapons have piss poor velocity or accuracy, meaning they will register much less than your average weapons. this means you cannot be any further than 300m if you want to use them properly. many of them also require you to bust the PA of your opponent in order to get significant damage in.

if you feel too pressured trying to get an AP lead for the whole match, you can establish one at the beginning of the match with high damage droppable weapons that you use and dump for an AP lead. bigsioux, vega, pitone, and mp0203 come to mind.

PA ret wont do you any good if you dont have good KP to back it up. if youre using sobrero gen, dont expect to stay alive for that long vs mgs, sgs, etc. you have to use the extra energy and light weight to dodge more than worry about getting hit. if you are using linstant gen, stop doing that, because it is an absolute necessity to have high ENO and ENC in order to be able to maneuver effectively

stop using AA since it is only good for emergency last minute attempts or for niche builds focused around AA. its been nerfed since 1.2 so its not worth using for general use anymore

ssqb is important to cqc, but not necessary. you should definitely practice it, but its possible to cqc by spamming stage 1 chain qb, especially against slower ACs

and yes you need to use auto sight if you have any hopes of doing anything with cqc weapons

make sure you are using high mobility arms as well

good cqc weapons are:

marve

ar0700

r102

motorcobra

sampaguita

sg0700

er0705

WBS

samsara

kamal

sapla

VTFs

bigsioux (OB jousting)

post or link to your main build if you need help with that. 50% of the game is being able to make good builds, with the other 50% being able to use them

• 3 weeks later...

if hes on xbl hes probly jst gettin troled by dat $100 bounty weeb

idk i mean if its like him but not him you could just steal nob's AMERIKASAN schematic, works on literally all bad players

ive only beat "goodpilot+fastAC"-types with my own designs tho

good starting point is using holofernes sides and the best armor you can get without being too fat

also aaliyah rear or w/e rear is most powerful

backpedaling wrecks the shit outta weebs

edit: the thing is, if you can out-DPS them (relative to your and their AP), you dont have to move for the sake of moving, really... you just have to maneuver so as to keep your guns on them. that's why good design + shitty pilot > good pilot + bad design. every time.

ac2anotheredit: if ammo is an issue, try to hold fire until they're moving in a more or less linear way, like not really changing velocity or direction relative to your POV. also, idk why but your shots track better if you're descending.

Edited by KORTOKtheSTRONG

• 6 months later...

Can't second stage. Never have never will. If it weren't for the fact that I have stood by in horror, as a tank manages to outrun my LW, IN REVERSE, for years, I'd be happily oblivious to reality, in the prophesied fated SS aint ril club.

Trying to make up for this, Ive been using a high capacity generator (2700 weight ga, I'm beginning to think this is retarded over a light weight gen) on a low drain lahire based DR build. Ive gotten a lot better with it, to the point that i can see why virtue is so hyped, but without second staging i end up forced to do A LOT of cover whoring. Like to the point that map changes are made lol... it sucks... Second staging tanks, or anything able to permafly, give it a bad time. I still haven't turned auto-sighting on and suspect this is part of the problem, i notice that no matter what angle i approach at, or how perfectly i time a point blank QT to rotate with the stationary target, I rarely get a bullet to land unless I'm squared off with the target, moving more or less directly at it (or ideally, I've already overtaken it, and manage to get the target to move directly towards me...). Because of this (not being able to "paint the corners") I often do better vs heavier targets with efficiency focused boosters and a mid weight... With the virtue lightweight I end up burning out energy early, i am sometimes able to get a good dig in but always forced to break off and start over before doing significant damage (by the time the MR102s break a tanks PA I'm out of energy or eating unfavorable trades).

"good starting point is using holofernes sides and the best armor you can get without being too fat"

"backpedaling wrecks the shit outta weebs"

Ive done this. For that matter, I'm pretty sure i came up with one of the most noob-friendly ballistic builds ever....

But using it just isn't that much fun. I mean, it can be, especially when i have an equal or greater than opponent... but wins still end up feeling like a mathematically logical outcome or XYZ just let up when it couldve kept pressuring, stume lost track amidst the cqc glory, or, more often than not, fucker figures out that my build just chokes on missile spam without second stage efficiency.

build:

soluh head

soluh core

latona arms

lahire legs

virtue main

lahire back

schedar side

linstant ob

mr102s, GA gen, an fcs...

"if hes on xbl hes probly jst gettin troled by dat $100 bounty weeb"

nigga i been to xbl, i fought dat weeb. I built an entire AC to make sure such things NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN...

​I'm trying to CQC against those legendary japanese players. The ones that are too fucking badass to even be around most of the time, and completely uninterested in proving the legitimacy of one cult following or another. The ones that second stage the entire match...

Edited by Nescient

lol schedar is trash

if u wana cqc u gotta get gud

meaning u gotta keep proper positioning and u gotta look at them

if u lose sight of ur opponent while tryin to flank then u failed

ga gen is way too fucking fat for what youre trying to do

102s are ok if you use 1 on an ac with less than 4 weapons (because ammo), but they dont do enough damage for cqc especially when dual wielded

you need to use back weapons like kamal or sapla or missiles so you can stop using 102 and switch to a better rifle with a better cqc weapon

cqc only works if you can bust the opponents PA and dual 102s cant bust shit

fuck defense, use lahire arms for better mobility so you can actually shoot things at ridiculous angles

if ur gettin outrun by backpedallin tanks then u either need to ob in and hope it works or stop usin that fatass GA gen or stop suckin at the game w

if u cant dodge missiles without ssqb then put some fkn flares on or learn to dodge

i cant solve all ur problems just by tellin u what to do, theres a lot of problems u gotta figure out by urself. this stuff is the obvious stuff, which you eventually shudve been able to figure out

if ur gettin outrun by backpedallin tanks then u either need to ob in and hope it works or stop usin that fatass GA gen or stop suckin at the game w

theres a couple of regulars that main tanks... ones kinda slow but never misses a QT, real pita to tangle with... the other is just flat out fast. What pisses me off is that vs. these two I do much better in CQC with my mid... I guess its because I'm relying on OB to close, and the mid is very energy efficient...

and just to be clear i have no problems dodging missiles in that lightweight.. if its got energy to burn it can avoid just about anything shot from a slower build. I didn't word that very clearly in the OP, but i was talking about my mid weight, which runs WG arms, so no flares. Its only a problem when I get out positioned.

...or dragged to the desert to fight wheeling03+whatever and spread extensions.

Edited by Nescient