[NEXT]Leon

Mobius

So this is my first crack at submitting an AC design in years. I just recently bought AC4A about a week ago and got both ORCA and League endings. This is what I am running with now

http://i.imgur.com/fF1PCWW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xVhhbHX.jpg

Yes. The AC is inspired by a combination of Ares' Providence and Leos Klien's Ethermaster from Armored Core 2.

I have it tuned where OBing actually refreshes my energy very slowly, though naturally my PA goes down. I don't think this is a competitive AC but it does help with PVE missions. I don't know what else to really do to optimize it further since all of my tuning so far has been to stabilizing my target acquisition, arm maneuverability, PA ratification, and an absurd amount of EN output and Vertical/Horizontal thrust. I am having some doubts about my choice of "extensions" and missile launcher system, but otherwise I don't really know what else to do from here. It's been a great help getting S rank missions on Hard mode though (fairly easy or good enough).

Edited by Mobius

if you want my honest opinion, you should just keep this ac as PVE and make a completely different AC for PVP since this AC looks nearly unusable online

basically,

- blades need dedicated AC builds or else they fill a very niche mobility role

- the missiles are extremely easy to dodge (use mp0203 if you want to use spreads)

- the lasers are very drainy and require you to be close (meaning you need a build focused around them),

- your frame needs a complete overhaul (hogire head is OK but inferior to other choices like 047 or ekhazar or tellus, core is ok but heavy in comparison to other similar cores, lahire arms are more suited for cqc LWs than midweights, tellus legs are not as good as NSS or aliyah for midweights)

- you need better back and side boosters other than GA ones (in order of usefulness, look into latona, lahire, aliyah for back, and holoferns, latona, argyros, ortega for side)

- stick to linstant OB if you actually plan on using OB

- 063 FCS is typically not as good as hogire or judith

- yasmins are not strong enough to actually work on certain missiles

- weapon placement should be reorganized for cano/acrux combo

- lots of hi lasers on one ac require more EN CAP than sobrero can support

tune priority is always

Load cap (if needed) -> EN output -> KP output -> EN cap

then you generally want to throw your tunes into quickboost, stability, turnspeed, and weapon handling. if you have missiles, missile lock speed is always more important than normal lock speed. PA retification tunes are always good to have, but if you need more points then thats probably the first place to start cutting tunes. EN cap can be cut sometimes, but its always situational.

dont bother putting in tunes into an area unless its over 40 points and adjust your tunes accordingly

also, make sure you are using REGULATION 1.40 for builds, as its the most current and balanced regulation

That's a lot to digest but yeah I didn't think my AC was PVP, but it's good to know exactly where to improve upon. Also I was wondering where to throw tunes at so your whole post is going to be referenced a lot from now on. I didn't think loadcap meant anything though so I didn't put anything into it. I do have a few questions:

What's the benefit of KP output compared to EN output?

What's a linstant ob?

I don't think I'll submit an AC for pvp until I actually get my feet wet and know what I'm up against, which requires me to lose a little. I will use your part suggestion for a rough idea on what to make and probably build around your advice. Thanks a lot though. I just started AC4A and wasn't sure which to aim for.