Armored Cor (Monetization)

You need high views on your vids too, a couple of mine have a lot of views and youtube sent me an automated message or something talking about monetize my videos, but it specifically gave outlines on what vids count and which ones don't. My videos were just basically gameplay, which don't count.

Lots of people make make ludicrous amounts of money off their youtube gameplay videos, but they add their commentary and personality on top of it. You'd have to do that as well, but first of all you need lots of subs and views.

But I heard that Fromsoftware doesn't not allow monetization on their games, and any monetized video will be block?

Nobody wants other people to make money off their IP if it's just their IP that's the reason the other person's making money. That's why you have to be popular yourself too, in other words become a personality that people like to watch.

It is easy man, really easy. I could have definitely been a youtube celebrity making all kiiinds of stacks, but I'm a better person than that.

I could just sit here lying to people about youtube and opportunity in a trolly way, but I'm a better person than that.

I mean, i've been doing videos for like.. six or seven months or something, and I got a positive comment from a random the other day. still beats out all the other people I know around here (as in near my house) though, lol. Edited by Not-Hunter

We're kinda talking about it like it's that easy to become a youtube celeb.

Autism is hard work bruh.

I mean, i've been doing videos for like.. six or seven months or something, and I got a positive comment from a random the other day. still beats out all the other people I know around here (as in near my house) though, lol.

Case in point.

The big problem is AC's current gen though, making youtube videos about Verdict Day (if Verdict Day is your game of focus) and expecting a large following might be a bit of a stretch. I'm not saying to forget about it though, it'd definitely be good to get your feet wet if you're really interested in doing videos that you and others would enjoy. Who knows, AC6 could be around the corner with the potential of being a mainstream title thanks to Fromsoftware's recent success's with the Souls franchise, It'd be good to be on the scene as early as possible if that were the case. The sooner you get comfortable making videos and getting your name out there, the more chances you will have to capitalize on possible money making opportunities.

I wouldn't worry about Fromsoftware blocking videos as long as you have your persona driving it, the amount of popular videos of people playing Bloodborne is staggering and I'm pretty sure many of them are making money. There's also the option of streaming your videos on Twitch, get popular enough doing that and people will throw money at you.

Edited by Nomrah

The big problem is AC's current gen though, making youtube videos about Verdict Day (if Verdict Day is your game of focus) and expecting a large following might be a bit of a stretch.

The youtube audience as a whole is garbage. I'm subbed to a guy who used to get roughly 1k views on his cod vids but when he made a gears of war vid, it was barely 100.

The youtube audience as a whole is garbage. I'm subbed to a guy who used to get roughly 1k views on his cod vids but when he made a gears of war vid, it was barely 100.

Youtube viewers are fickle as fuck, and if a person came to you for a particular video series, they will ONLY watch that video series. If the "other" videos are well-made, you might attract a second, different audience, but it's rare that people can convince someone to watch to videos for the person behind it (IE, consistent views across all videos) and not because the game is something they were already interested in.

This is most of why I've been sticking to AC stuff at the moment, since I really enjoy it and it's something I can do and eventually get decent at. I knew a few other people that tried to start off with a fairly mainstream thing like shadow of mordor, and then got mad at me when my AC vids got more views. It's a matter of "how much is your vid worth compared to others like it", and if you can't put a unique spin on it to make it stand out, then you shouldn't expect to grow a large amount of viewers anytime soon. I also kinda learned that doing stuff consistently helps a little. Doing a vid on a particular schedule, like once or twice a week, means that people are more likely to come to the videos consistently and learn to like the person behind the video as well as the video itself. Uploading whenever you feel like it or whenever you feel you have something more interesting than usual means that people are more likely to forget about you if things become few and far-between.

So yeah, some of my opinions on youtube stuff.