Dark Souls 3

Clones

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly? It doesn't look too bad. But just... Awkward looking? Like, it looks like it's trying to be all the Souls games plus Bloodborne.

Ah well, we'll hopefully get like a livestream or something to really get a good grasp on the game beyond three to five second flashes of random bits of gameplay.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/05/16-minutes-of-dark-souls-3-gameplay-gamescom-2015?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=Spotlight

I watched a couple minutes of this gameplay. From the looks of it, it kinda feels like they're taking assets and ideas from the prior Souls games and Bloodborne, and mashing them alltogether. The animations look near the same to older Souls games, while the character models are more detailed. You can see some reused environmental assets form Bloodborne etc.

It kinda looks rushed to me, or it could be they used Bloodborne as a stepping stone and proof of concept prior to Dark Souls 3.

Either way, FALLOUT 4 COMES OUT IN NOVEMBER WOOOO!

Honestly? It doesn't look too bad. But just... Awkward looking? Like, it looks like it's trying to be all the Souls games plus Bloodborne.

Ah well, we'll hopefully get like a livestream or something to really get a good grasp on the game beyond three to five second flashes of random bits of gameplay.

im not watching their livestreams fuck them

nah im not feeling this at all, nothing looked awkward to me so i dont follow on that

the thing about ds and ds1 is that there's no games that were like them before or after, like you just didn't know what was gonna happen

ds2 was the same weak boss fight 24 times in a row

the feel of the game the videos and art we have so far might not capture, but this footage just looks like giant bosses that me and owen just take turns hitting in the foot til they die

not even bother trying to get behind just run at them, losers

at least bloodborne found ways to make that entertaining, but i expect more from souls series

This really isn't anything we haven't seen before. The only expectation I have at this point is that most people are going to struggle a lot to complete the game and most never will. That's something we've come to expect from Dark Souls. We are waiting for something we aren't expecting.

Didn't they just finish making Bloodborne? Boy From, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you love milking your franchises to death, but I guess the 50 Armored core installments prior to this should've already told me that.

And if that's any indication, Souls is gonna go through the exact same thing. Dark Souls mobile, Dark Souls: Formula Front, Dark Souls for the Ps5 and Xbox Two, now with horrendous lens flare and bright graphics ala AC4. And then they'll come full circle with Dark Souls: Verdict souls, which combines the hard to see dark atmosphere of ACVD with the already hard to see atmosphere of your average souls game. The result will be the screen being pitch black.

give me a break

pendragon is on to something tho, ds2 sucked cuz there was a lot of pandering going on there instead of from doing what from does: ignoring everyone and doing whatever they want

souls games were dope cuz they didn't compromise

them ignoring ppl is what torpedo'd AC series and made souls series great, if only they'd take that pandering in ds2 and apply it to an ac game instead we'd have two good series instead of potentially none

they pandered to jp ac fanbase with FA and we got FA

they should just pull "spiritual successors" out of their ass every 10 years until they run them into the ground

Which is funny considering it was Miyazaki who directed FA, while the souls series on the other hand is great because they started by not giving any fucks about other people's opinions.

Full transcript of interview where above quote came from is here.

A couple of interesting things:

-Miyazaki is working on Bloodborne DLC and Dark Souls 3 at the same time, but it isn't his first time. Years prior, he was working on Bloodborne and AC For Answer at the same time. The only thing I know about that is that Demon's Souls was brilliance, while For Answer was a pile of crap (for us diehard oldschool fans anyways)

-Both Miyazaki and Tanimura (Dark Souls 2 director) are working on 3. Hopefully none of the questionable decision from 2 find their way into 3.

-Miyazaki hasn't ruled the Armored Core series out, however he says there's some barriers preventing it from ever happening again. He mentions the best thing any fan could do is reach out to Namco Bandai to show interest. I find that agreeable, Armored Core has been devolved into a very niche game with next to no fanbase nowadays, and the cost of development for video games has grown ever more. Just being part of development for a small indie game myself, it's incredible just how complex even the simplest of games could be, so to think about the kinds of resources and time a larger team like From would have to spend to make a new AC game that could quite possibly tank is rather grim. And it's not like they could pull from an already present pool of assets ala the Souls Series, because they've never done an AC game on the ps4/xbone platform before. The publishers have every right to turn cold shoulders to the AC series.

Edited by DANTONIO THE DEMON

honestly ac should be left alone for awhile the series is pretty toxic because its been bad for so long, better to wait it out and come back strong later

ds3 needs to not be like ds2 at all

just be ds1 guys cmon

good find btw owen that interview was v interesting, makes me feel a little better what ds3 could be

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/10/9115299/dark-souls-3-hidetaka-miyazaki-interview-gamescom

another interesting article

"I'm aware there are some boss designs that get a bad reputation from some of the fans out there," he said. "I'm aware of that."

no fucking kidding

ill admit dood is inspiring confidence in me tho, he's saying the right things