Dark Souls 3

Clones

yeah hornet ring is strong as fuck. i don't think its fair to die after just one mistake. it doesn't give the player on the receiving end the chance to correct their behavior. they just get flat out destroyed with no opportunity to learn.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to switch around my Dark Souls 1 setup of long ass spear in left hand and Great Club in right hand. The spear one handed did decent work, but the Great Club just didn't do enough damage to be worth it; 2 handing the spear (Gargoyle Flame Spear) was way more effective.

So I tweaked my guy a little bit and now I'm running the 2h Gargoyle Flame Spear with a 2h Refined Mace under it. The mixup game with the two weapons is strong, but the one weakness is that it takes a little time to transition between the two and two hand them.

I gotta say though, the 2-handed gargoyle spear and especially the 2-handed Mace hang really well in PvP against all the dominant weapons. I actually think the Mace might be one of the best weapons in the game-- potentially top 10.

with the mechanics the way they are, sure mace is strong. otherwise, there's nothing else going for hammer weapons in general. do you have the spare load to throw on a weapon skill shield? that would save you a little time. you could infuse the silver eagle kite shield with simple for your infinite weapon arts.

The weapon art of the Mace-- perseverance. It grants you about 2 seconds or so of infinite poise, so you can lure somebody into attacking you while you activate it, and since your damage taken is diminished while it's activated, you'll have a trade that's severely in your favor.

The immense phantom range lots of the weapons get and how easy it is to punish rolls makes the pvp in this game remind me of dark souls 2 often times. Of course like half of that is caused by latency and net-coding, but can't be helped I guess. Dueling can't be taken seriously but at least it's still fun sometimes.

Ganking upon invaders though, nothing to get mad at there; only happiness ahead.

Edited by YUNG EASY PETE

Once u guys said that Aldrich always spawned in the exact opposite corner of where he was at he became really easy for me. Before I realized that I had a fun time getting merc'd by those damned homing arrows that almost ohko even guys with huge amounts of HP.

Now with the spawn knowledge he literally never gets a chance to shoot the arrows.

depends on the ng tho, like ng+ it can get ugly if u sleep on the arrow rain

ng++ lol man, its gonna be ugly regardless, he was hands down the hardest fight for me on ng++

oddly on ng++ the anri version was wild easy

i can't even begin to explain it cuz i wasn't doing more damage or anything...anri suddenly got brollic I guess

ng+ and ng++ fights for him didn't change for me any, because he still never really had the chance to shoot his arrows; I guess you can consider me lucky because his AI chose not to do it. However, I did get pegged once with his arrows in ng++. I had the dark protection ring on AND some dark pillbugs, and his arrows hit me for just a split second, and literally 1600hp of my bar was gone. Talk about damage, hahaha.

ng+ and ng++ fights for him didn't change for me any, because he still never really had the chance to shoot his arrows; I guess you can consider me lucky because his AI chose not to do it. However, I did get pegged once with his arrows in ng++. I had the dark protection ring on AND some dark pillbugs, and his arrows hit me for just a split second, and literally 1600hp of my bar was gone. Talk about damage, hahaha.

ya i'd call it lucky i dont think it can be cancelled

ya jackson u gotta run from it, u gotta figure out who he's aiming at then just run until u hear it stop thats literally it

or vow of silence it stuffs like his entire moveset

• 3 weeks later...