BlueBraze: Cronikfiction

Rixlen

I'm making this topic seperate from Rixorwhatever because this project is basically my crack addiction.

I've been working on this for... maybe in my head since 2012 but on paper and documents for three months. I say maybe because the only thing that's stayed the same is the name and the fact that its a game. My current plan is to use some version of it for my senior seminar animation in a year and a half. If I end up getting the pre-alpha demo running before then, whoopdy doo.

[idea Revised]

I'm challenging myself to do all the artwork for this project digitally, at least color wise.

For now, this silhouette is all there is:

It's not much, I'm still getting used to my new intuos pro. I'm surprised I could keep my hand from shaking long enough to make a shape.

Well, it'll probably be a while before I post any progress. I'm doing some extra credit work for my animation teachers. Not cause I need it, but for the extra practice. Best case scenario, I might be able to get an animatic of a test battle out this winter.

Edited by Rixlen

It's so pretty and organized. Makes me want to grab all of the scattered files from my own notes and try to organize them together. My brain is still broken right now, though, so I'll try to read again when I'm awake.

EDIT:

Also this thing stuck in my head once. Basically the idea that people who want to build games usually visualize their own "perfect" game, or, they want to build something that has everything they would personally want in a game. That make sense to any of you?

Edited by Not-Hunter

Also this thing stuck in my head once. Basically the idea that people who want to build games usually visualize their own "perfect" game, or, they want to build something that has everything they would personally want in a game. That make sense to any of you?

Oh I don't doubt it. Most of what I thought up came from playing various games, watching shows and even reading.

The cut off is when people see how much time and effort it takes to make a video game. There's also the fact that more often than not you have to work with multiple people to make it a reality. Thus, I'd say an important trait to have is flexibility. Just because the creator thinks its perfect doesn't mean it is in the mind of his or her peers, video games have always been a group effort. There's just so many factors that go in the process that I'd probably write another essay on it. lmfao

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the long hiatus, had some crap to get through and had to move.

But the party must go on!

Finally decided on the game being a 1st/3rd person mecha fighting game.

I'm messing around with a alpha build engine.

And I'm learning how to do shading akin to Guilty Gear Xrd in Blender.

Also, decided that dumping a damn term paper on you guys was stupid, so I'll just post the fun stuff.

So yeah, lots of explosive fun pix ahead.

Edit: Here's a pic of "Rebel-116." I haven't named this character, so I just codenamed him, just like the game.

untitled.png

I'm going for a desert theme like in Gasaraki, so I'm going for gritty "Desert Punk" style.

One more edit post for today. The following video is what sparked the idea for Projekt Endeavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6uEqHsgRrk

What's shown is Armored Core 2 being played with Sega Saturn Twinsticks for the game Virtual-On.

My first game ever was Virtual On Operation Moongate in my local arcade. I thought it would be cool if there was a game that had both Armored Core's customization and Virtual-On's fighting style.

Later, I was shown this by my friend Foton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvPD3YFlqwk

A guy in japan made this game with a simple program and Virtual On's PC game. Its rough as hell, but its damn impressive since it was made by one guy.

Now... I know its possible.

Edited by Rixlen

For the sake of simplicity, I'm keeping the Armored Core 2 camera position, 3rd person.

I'll elaborate in the official thread of the game with actual game play. Till then, stay gold.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/697b3f6fed6b34bd3258165c8704c0aa/tumblr_n6zs7dooq91rwvdy0o1_500.gif

Edited by Rixlen