3. Facebataraxis 14 points

4. The Talentless 13 points

5. YUNG EASY PETE 4 points

6. Perennial Sash 3 points

7. Queen Drac Wraith 2 points

7. Bae 2 points

Edited by YUNG EASY PETE

Just try and make a shittier bot than me I fkn dare you

Crabrante - I don't understand the fanfare though I do understand why people might appreciate the ridiculousness of it.

Matt Murdock- I don't own AA. I used the wiki and randomly picked out parts. Matt Murdock cause it was blind botted, not cause it looks like daredevil.

The Man of the Hour- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqjUNmnpLY I took the youtubelink bot from last contest, moved the parts up a few spaces in garage, reversed the palette a bit.

Funfetti- Serioulsy tried making the ugliest thing I could. Did I succeed?

Edited by The Talentless

A big thanks to TM for putting this all together and another successful contest, that is a patient man! Thanks to Nothunter as well, and thanks to everyone who got involved, designers and voters alike, ACU knows how to have a good time. Nice work everyone.

I guess I'll write brief commentary on my bots

----------

Field Commander- The big start was the legs and radar combo, then it all worked itself into place. Underwent a major color overhaul halfway through the design deadline because the overall color palette was too similar to my other MoA bot Reconciliator. I'm very happy with the results.

Reconciliator- All I knew was that I wanted to use that bazooka, then it was all about matching the paint of the bazooka and radar. I agree with the comments on the legs, they came out pretty blocky and pixelated, but it is worth noting that I had to choose quad or tank legs in order to get the desired radar and bazooka positioning since it changes their angles, I'd like to go back and experiment with other choices.

Ranger- Batcast pretty much summed up my build philosophy for this bot, gun the bot/bot the gun. I really like building around cool guns, that's why I like designing for AA so much. I'm very pleased with the level of matching and coordination I was able to fit into this bot.

Riposte- I was ecstatic with the level of matching I was able to pull off with the gun, but I started getting worried that too much matching would make it boring. That's where I kind of went off course when designing the upper half. I wanted two contrastingly different design philosophies to mesh into one bot to mix things up, but I agree with much of the criticism this bot received in regards to the upper torso. If there was one bot out of all ACDC's I'd want to revisit it would definitely be this one.

Breaking Point- Probably the bot where I felt most successful at executing exactly what I had in mind, I wanted it to look extremely technical and lethal. I wanted to coordinate the right side to match up with the OGRE2, matching it up with the knee spikes is when I really felt I had things going. I wanted plenty of pointy angles for the frame, head to match the core, core to match the Gorgon left arm rifle, knee spikes to match the core. I was thrilled when I received the pics from TM, the only bot that I didn't need to tweak for retakes.

Supercell- The design that I spent the most time on, evolved from a bot that I originally sent to TM and ended up redesigning almost entirely, the only thing that stayed the same was the head, back cannon and use of hoverlegs. The new focus became using Sealion legs and arm mounted grenade rifle, the whole focus was to give it a forward jutting appearance to work well with the legs. Supercell storm concept came near the end when I took note of the general paint scheme I had at the time and the arsenal. I had anxiety about this one all the way up to the night designs went up for voting. I messed with the paint endlessly in the garage and tweaked paint for last minute retakes, I stared at the pics for a long while trying to determine if I got it right, I never came up with a conclusion and just let it be what it was. I'm glad it did well and I am now perfectly content with the bot.

Edited by Nomrah

Well, another fun aesthetics ACDC. Thank you to everyone involved, especially TM and NotHunter.

Well, I made the wonderful RNG bots. I was limited on time and figured these would come out better than if I actually tried. I also wanted to see the reactions to their existence. So, here is some commentary.

Featured Comment

I'm happy that the RNG bots exist.

Design Process

I used a random number generator to choose a part, using a list of the parts as a reference. I determined whether or not to use the same paint for the whole bot or change it up for different pieces with the RNG. I made 2 bots for each of the 3 divisions I entered and went with the bot I thought looked better so as not to add unnecessary clutter. Pretty straightforward.

Master of Integer (TM, I couldn't think of a good substitute for "Arena" that would fit well with the name, oh well.)

The most successful of the RNG series and my personal favorite. A decent bot with parts that worked well together, but could have worked out better. It actually got multiple votes though, so good job.

Another Algorithm

This bot is bad. And looks similar to another bot of mine from the 2nd aesthetics ACDC. If I did my math right, the chances of a RNG bot having both the same head and legs of another bot is a whopping 0.204%. Coincidence? Discuss.

http://i.imgur.com/ndjwVZf.png

http://i.imgur.com/iJEj1wP.jpg

Last Roll

An ok bot, clearly made with a RNG. It looks funny though, so I'm happy with that.

Edited by Queen Drac Wraith

:imagineitsacrabemergingfromwate CONGRATS TO JACKSON :imagineitsacrabemergingfromwate

Brigadier: Thrown together quickly without much in mind other than the main gun. "I want to make a light coloured heavy." So I did. Pretty happy with it, too.

Rush Job: I probably put more thought into this frame during previous contests than this one, since I knew what I wanted to do with it for the most part. The paint was a last minute revision. A rush job, if you will (also, "RJ"). I like this bot, but wish I had put more effort into it.

Buoy: This is the bot I put the most time into. I really like the frame, and while I like the colours of the paint, I don't think they fit. I hate AA lol.

Deadline: I made this once tim extended the deadline. Just kind of built itself. I like it a lot.

Alabaster: Built well before even the previous ACDC. Thought the frame looked cool and kind of heroic. Kept it simple. The paint is just a reorganized default scheme.

Botermelon: Also built well before the previous ACDC. It's a Frankenstein bot, taking inspiration from ACDC1 and ACDC2 heavies. Mostly Skidmark and D-A-D, but shoutout to Face of Bear and Safety?First, too.

Edited by Mr. Potatoface

Hazmat Noodle: I was on a Fallout 4 high at the time and wanted to make something to fit the mood, and this is what I arrived at. Of course, I had to do another noodle as well.

Butterknife Guisseppe: I dunno how I arrived at this one, but the look on the face along with the weapon arms looked like an old prohibition era gangster shooting two tommy guns at once while sporting a toothy grimace on his face. The name I got from using some random name generator online, so no, there was no intentional spell correction of seppuku.

Deep Sea Fish Loves You Forever: I made this one really quick, but I guess people really like things with tried and true simple design principles. Making something look like an AC2 disorder unit was my idea heading into it, and the name just sprung into my head for whatever reason because at the time I thought it looked like something you'd find at the bottom of the sea-- all bioluminescent and shit.

Renfred the Hound: The name I got from another random generator online. I wanted something that looked raw and brutal, but I also wanted something along the lines of an AC2 AI arena bot, so I arrived at this. I like this one more than Deep Sea Fish and I spent more time on it-- probably like 30 minutes opposed to 10.

Tron: I probably went way wrong in naming it Tron, because I'm not actually trying to emulate anything from that movie/game. The bot just reminded me of Tron so I named it as a last second thing. This was literally the last AC I made only an hour before I started typing out the voting topics. I think the paint scheme looks nice, and no, the entire bot was not built around the back radars so fuck a nob.

Collateral: I fully support the leg choice here, as I thought it played well into the idea behind the AC, in that he bought into the idea of finishing off his opponents as fast as possible. They are the lightest legs in the game, and they are also the most minimalistic, so I could keep the attention to the guns.