LET'S GET TO BASHING BOTS!!!

Rixlen

Sash and Cheng said on their podcast that the community needs to come together along with some other stuff about getting involved. Honestly, I heard a lot of talking with little answers, so these are my thoughts on it.

I think its stupid to just wait around and hope for From to crank out another game and going back to retro is only going to slow the process. I think we need a new game, thus I'm working on one. I know I can't replicate Armored Core, so I'm trying to go in another direction by swapping genres from simulator to fighting.

Now I present a question: Who here thinks some good competition would get the best out of all these fan projects?

(edited out the part about civil war... lots of people wouldn't get that)

I've seen so many damn projects with little progress and never finished, myself included. I want to see some serious headway this year. We have Limit Release, ProjSEED (hawkbrother was on that) and now we have Endeavor. I honestly think we aren't going to get anything from Japan besides Gundam Extreme VS. and even if we did, it won't be what we want.

I've seen many blender artists who have more skill than From Software, so I know its not the tech, its the lack of determination. That is all I offer, to be the last man standing.

I'll talk to Hawkbrother and see if ProjSEED would like to join in on this dialogue. I think it would be more productive if these teams and "projects" simply join under one banner and make a great game, screw FromSoftware... but first, I've got some egos to crush, even my own.

So if someone's gonna be a bad guy and start challenging people, it might as well be me.

Edited by Rixlen

Thanks for replying guys!

how u gonna do that without money

Well right now the only thing I have to pay for is a 2d animation software which is around 200 bucks.

I'm using Open GL, Blender and maybe Source 2 on this project which is free. I need skill, not money.

I smell an indiegogo campaign

Let me just say hell no.

I do not like this early funding crap. It forces the game to be rushed on limited resources, which is why I don't like Project Nimbus.

I can't speak for the others, but Endeavor will never have any early funding crap. I'll guarantee that.

whos gonna fund it

how many people actually like robits

I'll worry about that after I get my demo done.

Chicks dig giant robots.

I think you've got the right idea here. We need a new game. Switching from simulator to fighting is a good call, too.

I think one more change could really push this over the top: Change robots to people.

Call your game Street Fighter V. Release it in in a week or two.

I thought about switching from Mecha to ironman suits.

I chose Mecha because with Blender, its easier to train people to do something mechanical as opposed to the fluid motion of a person.

Plus Look at Virtual On, they're not as detailed as Armored Cores but they have appeal.

Completed custom models for trophies and I also want to bring back Virtual-On's twinsticks, which are the Mecha equivalent of the fight stick.

All dem shekels.

Nein mein kampf!

why don't we all just play seth killian's robot fighting game instead

I actually was inspired by Rising Thunder, but its not the game I want to see.

Endeavor is Virtual On meets Armored Core 2.

Also, if you guys want me to do another write up on Endeavor's game mechanics let me know.

I just remembered how that went with Impetus and no one gave any feedback.

If so, I promise to add videos and pictures.

More news: I just talked to Hawkbrother and he's setting up a website for ProjSEED.

He also agreed to us being rivals.

I'll check with Moodydave and Limit Release next.

YEAH!

Sash and Cheng said on their podcast that the community needs to come together along with some other stuff about getting involved. Honestly, I heard a lot of talking with little answers, so these are my thoughts on it.

I think its stupid to just wait around and hope for From to crank out another game and going back to retro is only going to slow the process. I think we need a new game, thus I'm working on one. I know I can't replicate Armored Core, so I'm trying to go in another direction by swapping genres from simulator to fighting.

Now I present a question: Who here thinks some good competition would get the best out of all these fan projects?

(edited out the part about civil war... lots of people wouldn't get that)

I've seen so many damn projects with little progress and never finished, myself included. I want to see some serious headway this year. We have Limit Release, ProjSEED (hawkbrother was on that) and now we have Endeavor. I honestly think we aren't going to get anything from Japan besides Gundam Extreme VS. and even if we did, it won't be what we want.

I've seen many blender artists who have more skill than From Software, so I know its not the tech, its the lack of determination. That is all I offer, to be the last man standing.

I'll talk to Hawkbrother and see if ProjSEED would like to join in on this dialogue. I think it would be more productive if these teams and "projects" simply join under one banner and make a great game, screw FromSoftware... but first, I've got some egos to crush, even my own.

So if someone's gonna be a bad guy and start challenging people, it might as well be me.

tldr

Robot boobs, human boobs or both? Cause I can do both.

I'm trying to find a female partner to design the female suit. (Fei-Yin/Viper II)

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/lt/mistymay.gifhttp://img0014.popscreencdn.com/147715942_-com-hasegawa-cyber-troopers-fei-yen-1100-model-kit-toys.jpg

Well an update, I've talked to both David and Hawkbrother and here's what I got.

I'm going to work using blender, Visual Studio Code and Unreal 4 to make a free demo of what I can do on my own.

David said he would supply more models as I go along.

The idea is we're making a simple package that is easy for people to use to make their own mecha game. I honestly think it should be used to unify the community on the same game rather than spreading out, but who knows I might be wrong.

Welp, time to get to work.

Edited by Rixlen