Hangar: None

Tuning and Stats

http://i.imgur.com/an5eTtV.jpg

Stabilizers

With back weapons and shoulder:

http://i.imgur.com/FQspxp3.jpg

With back weapons and shoulder purged:

http://i.imgur.com/u2DpFeH.jpg

I am very happy with the changes so far, the AC is able to move faster and longer at mid range, with an assortment of weapons that gives it a presence. I was able to test it in a bunch of matches, and it never disappointed me. Most of the time I could establish a lead with Wheeling03 and keep it with the rifles, or regain it with Kamal if I had to. In some battle royals, the damage per second with the Kamal and 063ANNR was high enough I could get by with low AP at the end, facing a guy who ended up on the sidelines most of the fight. It's hard to tell anything from a free for all really, but I survived most of them with the highest AP.

There's still ways it could probably be improved, but this is pretty good for me. I'm thinking of replacing the 063 with the 102 for an even better combo with the Kamal, but the gun has a lot lower ballistics velocity, which seems more important at mid range.

Original Post:

Hello! I'm new to this game, but enjoy PVP and want to get better at it. This is my AC. It is meant to be a mid weight rifler, focused on offensive play. I had a few AC's similar to this one where I did okay in PVP, but was overwhelmed by better players. Any and all advice is appreciated!

View

http://i.imgur.com/jtABcaD.jpg

Head: HD-HOGIRE

Core: 063AN01

Arms: 063AN03

Legs: WHITE-GLINT/LEGS

FCS: FS-JUDITH

Gen: 03-AALIYAH/G

Main: 03-AALIYAH/M

Back: BB11-LATONA

Side: SB128-SCHEDAR

Over: LINSTANT/O

RA: 051ANNR

LA: MR-R100R

RB: RD03-PANDORA

LB: PLATTE01

Shoulder: GUYANDOTTE04

R Hanger: LARE

Tuning and Stats

http://i.imgur.com/moCsjDY.jpg

Stabilizers

http://i.imgur.com/b0lADr5.jpg

The main idea behind this AC was to create something fairly well rounded, to help me survive while figuring out my opponent. I read that 2900 stability was like a breakpoint to not get stunned by 061ANSC, so I put a point in stability to reach it. The arms are tuned to 90 aim precision, and 5742 maneuverability, which I feel is appropriate for rifles. It's got a good deal of ballistic defense, although I can't say much for the other categories.

Originally this had WHEELING03, but I found the energy cost was getting pretty high. I just wanted a sort of support weapon to make it easier to shoot the enemy AC. The entire AC might have to be reworked to get in a stronger support system, or I could just do away with the hangar weapon. It has some options, I think.

When I used Judith mains on a similar AC before this one, it was perfect for energy consumption, but I could never keep up with this one lightweight running away after getting an AP lead. Schedar seems normally useless, but I like the low impact coupled with the forward momentum from the Aaliyah. I have this feeling if I get better at quick boost chains and energy management, higher impact boosters would be better, but I could be wrong.

My builds are pretty catered to my own playstyle and limited experience, so it's hard for me to judge if this is good or not. Criticisms would be useful to improve it and further AC's. I haven't gotten a player match going with this design, although I feel I have an understanding of 1.4 PVP to some extent.

Edited by Chiyopop

This'll look a bit random...

Weapons first:

100R isn't a terrible rifle. However, 051 is objectively better, and it performs better with an AR. Try MR102 or 063.

Rifles don't have enough ammo to reliably finish a 1v1 on their own. They need assault armor and or back weapons. Radar isn't worth... neither is that missile (or any other, really, on its own). Run missiles or throw a kamal behind 051 with sapla.

061ANSC will stun mid weights no matter what you do. 2900 might cover 049. Stability is more important for firing those high recoil weapons. You can get a lot more stability (among other utilities) from a number of heads rather than tuning.

The arms don't need precision tuning. Max mobility, save the rest.

yeah lare is useless...

judith main is really powerful but it does have offensive pitfalls. You can always save different booster setups of the same AC. Schedar has a very narrow niche. Thing is its static impact is relatively high.

You're half right half wrong on qb chains. High power boosters rely a lot less on chaining, its often more efficient to boost in a straight line. While efficiency setups are forced to chain boost for minutes at a time throughout a match. High power is all about spacing and reads.

this is a really good start all things considered. Overboosted, underpowered offensively.

Ive played around with a few similar builds (rifles, aaliyah m, aaliyah/g). It can work, in low-mid tier play you end up with enough energy to fight in the air, back pedal, and appear somewhat offensive (in short bursts) fighting faster ACs. So, when rngesus is with you, and you get a lightweight with a similarly weak ballistic offense, and poor spacing/energy management... it works.

Otherwise, it generally chokes. Aaliyah/g is good, but only great if you're using assault armor. It doesn't have enough output to make up for the slower speeds and huge loss of offense imposed by 2800 weight. 9/10 times mid weight riflers do better with endurance focused boosters, even fighting a lightweight.

moar:

drop judith FCS (assuming no missiles) for lahire, tune leg and core PA instead of lock. Aaliyah main gets a lot out of regular boost tuning, vertical adds some efficiency. If I had to run this against a lightweight I'd tune vertical thrust, side/back qb, and maby side thrust if they're also running rifles.

Edited by Nescient

100r and 51annr are perfectly fine together on midweight dual rifle ACs. its actually a great midrange combination thats pretty consistent with chip damage

the problem with this AC is that its not focused enough around the dual rifles

dual rifle ACs want high AP and defenses on fast platforms, since their whole purpose is to whittle down the opponents AP and keep an AP lead by dodging most everything else. their biggest weaknesses are higher AP ACs like tanks and HWs or faster DPS ACs like CQC LWs.

you can get around opponents with high AP values if you use your back unit slots for dump weapons, or weapons that have high damage and low ammo values that you can use ASAP and dump to shed weight. some good ones are MP0203, sapla, bigsioux, any VTFs, or even hi-lasers if you want to specifically counter tanks. kamal is also a good weapon choice to kill tanks, though you dont necessarily have to dump it like the other weapons. anything else is probably too heavy, too much drain, or not enough DPS to help support your dual rifles.

if youre having trouble with LWs, then your AC needs to be faster and have better defensive stats and you need to abuse the fact that youre most likely going to start off with the lead, so hold on to it as long as possible by playing defensively. if you can do that, then JUDITH mains are perfectly fine. also, if you really want to focus on chain QB, then youll definitely want ORTEGA sides. i would personally just use holoferns, lahire, or latona instead of schedar though.

the radar would be nice if you had nothing to fill in the back slot, but you should really use that space for some weapons you can dump. LARE is dead weight, trust me. if you run out of ammo and dont have the AP lead, then youve lost anyways.

the frame should really be an underweighted MW with the frame parts being as big as possible. your main problem is that youre running ALIYAH/G, which is waaay too big for just using dual rifles. ALIYAH/G is more for heavyweights or specialized EN weapon ACs. i suggest changing this to JUDITH/G so you can be a good bit quicker

other than the generator, your frame parts should be a bit more focused on AP than shell def. the core can definitely be changed to EKHAZAR, and the arms could arguably be changed to EKHAZAR as well but thats up to you. ALIYAH legs outclass WG legs, but if you think WG legs look cooler then go ahead and use them anyways. with these changes, you won't keep the lead as well if you get hit a lot, but you be more likely to start off with the lead, and youll also be a bit faster since 63 core is basically made of lead (PUNS!)

if your understanding of 1.4 PVP is that AP lead dictates the pace of the match in all accounts, then youve mostly got it down. high AP (slow) always plays defense and low AP (fast) always plays offense, and defense usually always has the mid-to-long range advantage while offense has the close range advantage.

100r and 51annr are perfectly fine together on midweight dual rifle ACs. its actually a great midrange combination thats pretty consistent with chip damage

The problem is good players are used to isolating 051 spam. 100r doesnt cause enough visual confusion to disrupt at mid range or dissuade direct approaches. 063 is flat out better. MR102's biggest advantage is having enough ammo to basically spam through a 5 minute match. 160 melee ability is helps counter LW rushes, and its DPS can make tank fights less one sided.

Really the only way to counter a good CQC LW is to anticipate the rush and chain boost back-side QB. If they aren't running virtue you stand a good chance of gen-busting them. They're likely going to be chaining into you. All this horizontal QB movement usually puts the LW outside of 051s firing cone (melee ability) more and more as it closes the gap between QBs. An AR will save your ass.

Thank you both for the replies. I think I will use 063ANNR for the left arm, and create a heavier variation of this AC down the line more suitable to dual rifles.

I switched some parts around trying to improve the frame with higher AP and mobility like suggested. New AC:

Head: SOLDNER-G8H

Core: EKHAZAR-CORE

Arms: 063AN03

Legs: 03-AALIYAH/L

Together it's got 41339 AP, 9385 ballistic defense, and 7095 energy defense. It seems generally better. Soldner was not directly suggested as a better head piece, but it looks statistically better than Hogire while fulfilling a similar purpose.

I switched the generator to I-RIGEL/G, and the boosters to Judith mains, Latona back, and Ortega sides.

For back weapons, I tried out OSAGE03 on the left, and DEARBORN03 on the right. They both only have 10 uses, so they seem great to spam and purge. From what I know about using them, vertical missiles + 051ANNR fire seems like reliable damage, and the dearborn goes well with Linstant OB. I also stabilized the AC to be balanced once purged at (+0, -10).

Altogether, the energy drain is manageable. I-RIGEL is still very heavy, but I think is a little more appropriate than Judith, unless I were to redesign based around low energy drain parts. If I were to drop the back units immediately after getting a solid AP lead early on, it might also work. Using I-RIGEL, I get 12143 total weight over 12143 maximum load with 11 tuning in leg capacity, which puts a smile on my face. This is still in a WIP stage, however, and a second opinion would be nice.

typically lahire vs judith isnt worth the 300-400 weight for whatever tiny amount of extra ENO, so judith kinda outclasses it in that regard. if you think its worth it then go ahead but its usually not. rigel is a really weird generator because you basically only use it for the faster AA regen timing over lahire or judith, which means youd need to make a weird ass MW AA bomber and in that case youre probably better off with linstant anyways. sobrero is also a great option if you want faster boosters and less weight, but you really have to use the extra speed to make sure you don't get hit because less KP means youre gonna get hit harder if you get fucked up by pressure (but youre fine if you can keep your KP above 60%)

100r is still fine since it hits more consistently at longer ranges than 102 does. 51 with 100r just means you cant be a twat and tape down your fire buttons the entire match. thats not to say that 102 isnt a good choice either and its definitely worth a shot for what nes has to say.

dearborns do best when you pressure immediately after landing them because of how well they do against PA, so try to push that advantage when you can or it wont be as worthwhile over something like MP0203. osage is pretty lackluster in 1.4 and i would honestly just use wheeling03 and drop prematurely if you need the weight and EN (or run MP0203, which is basically the best dumping missile). running two missile types leaves your back weapons being rendered pretty useless by any AC with flares, but any AC you make in ACFA isnt going to have an answer to every situation unless its like an NSS MW or something, and those are pretty complicated to build properly.

in any case, if you want to use vertical missiles from behind cover, then youre gonna need a head with a better camera stat, which means youll probably want 047 instead of soldner. i cant remember how much defense soldner has compared to the GA heads, but in general head defense stats arent worth it over either camera function or raw AP, so keep that in mind. camera is basically a multiplier of your FCS range and greatly helps your lock range through solid objects, which is why its really important. 505 is basically the 1x baseline and i think 047 gives like 1.6x the listed FCS range. lock on through cover is 1/3 of your max FCS range after camera is calculated.

typically lahire vs judith isnt worth the 300-400 weight for whatever tiny amount of extra ENO, so judith kinda outclasses it in that regard. if you think its worth it then go ahead but its usually not. rigel is a really weird generator because you basically only use it for the faster AA regen timing over lahire or judith, which means youd need to make a weird ass MW AA bomber and in that case youre probably better off with linstant anyways. sobrero is also a great option if you want faster boosters and less weight, but you really have to use the extra speed to make sure you don't get hit because less KP means youre gonna get hit harder if you get fucked up by pressure (but youre fine if you can keep your KP above 60%)

its 2fifty wight diffrnc33, (right h3r3 i r3b00t t3h mac and los3 \/\/....) mad3 up for \/\/ith 3n output. DR mids n33d kp output to survive. 800 is a good minimum if you plan to fight aggro. Sobr3ro is so \/\/3ak that it'll los3 PA to non-pa breakers (other rifles).

Edited by Nescient

Well, I tried Sobrero and it made moving the AC feel effortless. The higher en out means adding Wheeling03 is not a problem, which works well with the 047 head too. The main reason I didn't have this head on before was to keep some level of energy defense, now it's at 6800 or so. I guess if the AC is to be specialized in anything, it will have weaknesses regardless.

I'll have to test it out in a real match to see if the KP loss has a major impact. Even on AC's using Linstant, I've had all my KP blown away by a Kamal in one shot. I'm thinking of replacing the Dearborn03 with the EC-0300 to fire at tanks. A laser cannon was suggested, but I'm not sure which one is actually good. The high output hi lasers seem to really take some work to be useful. A plasma cannon + Sapla would work against a grounded opponent, even if kinda unrealistic expecting both will hit.

Kamal was also suggested to deal with tanks, but I'm not sure I would be able to get in that close against a good tank player to make it effective. I could maybe replace the Wheeling03 with the MP0203, and use it to reduce their PA while firing rifles and then close in with the Kamal, but that's a very hopeful scenario against a real player.

It seems like there's some options what to do with it for defensive or offensive situations, so I'm happy for the feedback.

EDIT: Lahire gen with Latona sides and Sapla on the right back side actually works pretty well.

Edited by Chiyopop

I'll send a request on PSN and get on when I can later :)

Edit: what's your PSN ID? I tried entering the profile info thing and didn't get a result. Maybe you could send me a message alternatively

Edited by Chiyopop

he gotchabitsh

easiest tank killer to equip would be KAMAL. EC-0300 was only good in reg 1.0 and is a pretty shitty weapon now. you would probably equip SIRIUS or ACRUX with no missile launcher and use it until you get a comfortable lead vs heavier ACs, although heavy ACs are a dime a dozen tbh.

I think I'll try getting good with Kamal then, thanks for insight. The exact name gotchabitsh I can't find, but there 120 PSN ID variations of it I did find, including a gotchabishhh, gotchabiaatch, and LOLGotchabish123.

I updated the main post with the new parts, stats and all.